There Goes That "Homos Can't Serve Honorably In The Military" Argument

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Oct 23, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    in response to gay-bashing, i present this wonderful example of a gay guy who didn't disgrace the army and actually did pretty damn well for his army and country...

Gay Special Forces Soldier Helped In Lynch Rescue
    http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20040915-054048-3388r.htm

now on the flipside, here's a sickening example of what happens when folks go from venting their constitutionally protected (and respectable) opposition to homosexuality to spreading lies and scare-mongering young people into thinking gays are rapists and evil.
    by the way, these monsters that murdered their fellow soldier in cold blood only got life... they should have gotten the death penalty, though i'm comforted by the fact that these jag-offs are likely getting some homosexual love in the butt right now in prison on a daily basis.

and while we're at, let's examine some sickening hypocricy in this case by the "faithful" who use the Bible as a crutch for hatred and willful ignorance in the face of evil
    by the way, for new and old alike who may not know me, here are some quick facts that are pertinent to the ongoing gay discussion/argument we have and my stand in it

i'm in the Navy

i know a good number of gay sailors and marines, and a few of them do not hide it (or can't, its that obvious in manner), and no one has a problem with it.... my aircraft carrier's soccer team (Japan championship winning) captain is the most obvious homosexual on base, and he is respected and praised by nearly all.

i like gay people, i don't like gay marriage (civil unions please)

my introduction to anti-gay violence and hatred was at the young age of 7 when my brother's art teacher (and my pee wee soccer coach) had his face slashed and his left ear cut off by some homophobes at a concert who didn't appreciate his "i'm gay, i'm still a human" t-shirt... the guy never taught again and killed himself two years later

sadly, for those wishing to label me a fag, i'm not gay, i love latin girls and going down on my girl too much to go that route... but thank you, if it all came down to it, i'd rather be a homo than a homophobe (a significant number of whom are closet homos who hate themselves for it)

2. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks Nato - I really needed to begin my day by shedding a few tears! This story is absolutely disgusting! A man's sexual preference is reason to kill? As I've stated previously, I am friendly with quite a few gay people and as long as their private lives stay in the bedroom, I am fine with it. I also find people who are into rough or kinky sex a bit on the disgusting side! Anything other than the missionary position in my book is kinky. Guess I'm truly from the old ages! Here was a boy who was willing to put his life on the line for his country - which took guts - there are a lot of "straight" people out there who find any reason possible to avoid going into the service. This kid had balls, and my heart is breaking for his family!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Who said that gays cannot serve honorably? I do not recall any assertion that gays were craven cowards who would drop their perfumed hankies and run at the sound of the first shot.

The assertion was that gays were a detriment to good order and discipline. If anything, this article supports the assertion that gays should not be allowed into an essentially all-male society where strict discipline is demanded and violence is part of the profession.

There is little doubt that PFC Winchell's lifestyle was repugnant to others in his unit, especially, as the article states
    "A few months earlier Winchell had formed a friendship with a man who was a preoperative transsexual, his parents said.

The man lives as a woman and has been taking hormone therapy. "

But that being said, PFC Winchell certainly did not deserve to be attacked, much less murdered for his lifestyle. Those who killed him should receive a death sentence themselves and if there were true justice, they should be executed by gays with ball bats.

The issue of gays in the military traces its current roots back to that swine Clinton, who despised the military. He saw an opportunity to slap the faces of the military brass by implementing the "don't ask . . ." policy.

Clinton, like most libs, view the military as an extravagant waste of money. Money that they would much rather use to buy votes by increasing their beloved handout programs. Clinton and the libs used the military not only to promote their pandering to homosexuals, but also as a means of social experimentation. Both policies are wrong.

PFC Winchell's death is a multi-level tragedy. It is tragic because it was a cruel and senseless waste of a human life and it is tragic because the circumstances of his death were ultimately the result of the policies forced on the military by the cynical scheming of an amoral, unethical, and uncaring president.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i can't fathom how many times i've heard in my life people claim gays are poor soldiers, sailors, airmen, etc etc, less than human,evil, distrustful, etc etc.

merlin, if this was the one step simple cure-all, how come pres. bush hasn't even touched this issue or used his usually bold leadership to change it?

i personally think in this day and age, aside from a few idiots who should be culled out of the military anyway, gays should serve. my own experiences and those of others i know second this argument. i'm sure others have their own experiences as well, i respect that. i'm just saying in America's largest naval fleet (here in Japan), we have hardly any problems with homosexuals serving openly. as we all bitch and complain at CO's NJP (Captain's Mast), thieves are the people that piss us off the most, not drunks, brawlers or gays.

i can trust a gay guy to pull me out of a fire, i can't trust a thief.
    i can trust a gay guy not to steal my shower shoes out of my rack while i sleep, i can't trust a thief in the same circumstances.
    i can trust a gay guy to go out drinking with me and others and not steal from me when i pass out or get really plastered, i can't trust a thief with the same.
    i can trust a gay guy to do the work i assign him, i can't trust a thief or malingerer with the same.

sorry to perhaps oversimplify it, but that's just how i figure it.

5. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I will be happy to agree that thieves should also not serve in the military.

But I know that I would not be happy serving in a unit where other men found me attractive.

6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    :2guns: death penalty for thieves at times of war!

how often does this truly happen though? is it widespread? i'd guess there are more guys banging another guy in their unit's g/f / wife than there are gay guys asking out/trying to screw their fellow soldiers.

7. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    You're Navy right?

8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,201
    First off, I'd like to say how sorry I feel for the victim and his family. I have never advocated nor insinuated that any harm should ever come to a queer, let alone death. It's GOD's job to judge them, and dole out punishment, as he so clearly states he will, not ours.

Second, I have no problem with queers in the military. If they want to fight, let them. My only problem is with Basic Training. Homo's would have to be in with the girls, whom they DON'T find attractive, and lesbians would have to be in with the boys, whom THEY don't find attractive. I can't see any other way, because if you put them all in together, it would be the same as putting straight men and women in together, and we all know how that would turn out.

9. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    i think they made movie about this incident. cant remember what the name of it is about though.

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    instead of forcing others to accept deviant behaviour - others being an organization or a group of people, perhaps it's best to simply keep away from such an organization.

I doubt a black man would try to change the policies of the KKK to suit his tastes.