"Al Jazeera - Propaganda machine"

I tend to agree.

You don't have to look very hard for some bias - with respect to coverage, tone, context, duration of any given spotlight-shining, etc. - but they seem to do OK re: objectivity, insofar as that can be discerned by your average couch-potato.

Still, there's an undercurrent there that I do not trust, and take with a grain of salt - or two.

It's not just Wiki - I've read any number of reports about the abuses of 'expat' workers there. And there is basically NO 'rule of law' there: it's pretty much an absolute monarchy. Not a form of government I'd ever trust.....guess I'm an inveterate American : ))

I agree that Al-Jazeera is more of a real news outlet than either RT or PressTV - but that's not really saying much : (( It's useful to become familiar with another perspective: I think it's important to do so.

American networks are driven by ratings - or what the honchos think the public wants. The problem I see is, they've all forgotten about journalism and 'news' is now treated as a *product*.

overall I find al-Jazeera America informative and well balanced. It is more of a straight news than most other station. I like to hear both/all sides not just right or left.

any news today you have to keep the salt handy.
You listen to the fact, consider the commentary or source and then check it against other sites or sources. Pick out the who, what, when, where and then evaluate the why, especially in the early reports when facts are few and reporters try to fluff a story, fill in the blanks from their own view point.

Although I'm always reluctant to even hint at support for press censorship of any kind...

I can see this unfolding as a legitimate pursuit, in Israel - at least as a short-term measure.

Israel is at war.

In WWII, we did not allow Japan or Germany or Italy to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Korea, we did not allow North Korea or China to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Vietnam, we did not allow the North Vietnamese to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Gulf Wars I and II, we did not allow Iraq to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

And, in any of the above cases, we also prohibited anything similar from other allies or friends of our enemies, insofar as I am aware.

Al Jazeera does a better job than most Arabic news media, in attempting to mask its inherent bias, but enough leeches through or percolates up, that you end-up seeing the stain, anyway.

Al Jazeera is funded by the government of Qatar, a regional Muslim government, sympathetic to the Palestinians.

So, the Israelis are, apparently, preparing to close down Al Jazeera operations on Israeli soil - at least for the duration of the latest Gaza War, presumably.

We do it (suppressing enemy media or the media of countries sympathetic to our enemies) on an as-needed basis.

Most of the rest of the world does something similar.

We should, therefore, not be surprised when we see such behavior out of Israel, in keeping with what the rest of the world does under similar circumstances.

Dog bites Man.

MEH.

No big deal.
Israel is not at war.
Israel is inflicting a belligerent occupation upon Gaza in violation of international law.
Israel as Occupying Power has the responsibility to protect civilians and their infrastructure.
Israel prefers to administer collective punishment which murders civilians and reduces their infrastructure to rubble.
If Jews want peace in Palestine, they will have to accept the fact that theirs is not the only nation entitled to live between the River and the sea.

I Don't call them terrorists, I consider it dangerous to Israel when Al Jazeera promoting terrorists
Your country exports more terrorism than any other group (or country) in the ME.

Your Likud Party has its roots in the terrorist group Irgun.

And that makes your country's current leaders, terrorists.

I Don't call them terrorists, I consider it dangerous to Israel when Al Jazeera promoting terrorists
Your country exports more terrorism than any other group (or country) in the ME.

Your Likud Party has its roots in the terrorist group Irgun.

And that makes your country's current leaders, terrorists.

Isn't it funsy when you get Billy saying such ridiculous stuff (and he keeps on saying the say stuff over and over like a broken record). Meanwhile, he conveniently overlooks all the Muslim terrorism throughout the world. No doubt he would hide some terrorist in his dump if he knew that the terrorist would kill some Jews for him. So tell us, Billy, have you any idea at all what is going on in any of other Middle East countries? Since you can't seem to stop yourself from slithering over to the Middle East forum, surely once in a while you could tell us something that doesn't have to do with Israel.

Although I'm always reluctant to even hint at support for press censorship of any kind...

I can see this unfolding as a legitimate pursuit, in Israel - at least as a short-term measure.

Israel is at war.

In WWII, we did not allow Japan or Germany or Italy to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Korea, we did not allow North Korea or China to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Vietnam, we did not allow the North Vietnamese to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

In Gulf Wars I and II, we did not allow Iraq to broadcast here domestically, nor did we carry them in syndication.

And, in any of the above cases, we also prohibited anything similar from other allies or friends of our enemies, insofar as I am aware.

Al Jazeera does a better job than most Arabic news media, in attempting to mask its inherent bias, but enough leeches through or percolates up, that you end-up seeing the stain, anyway.

Al Jazeera is funded by the government of Qatar, a regional Muslim government, sympathetic to the Palestinians.

So, the Israelis are, apparently, preparing to close down Al Jazeera operations on Israeli soil - at least for the duration of the latest Gaza War, presumably.

We do it (suppressing enemy media or the media of countries sympathetic to our enemies) on an as-needed basis.

We should, therefore, not be surprised when we see such behavior out of Israel, in keeping with what the rest of the world does under similar circumstances.

Dog bites Man.

MEH.

No big deal.
Israel is not at war...
It is now.

To the hilt.

Last edited:

Israel is at war.

Dog bites Man.

MEH.

No big deal.
Israel is not at war...
It is now.

To the hilt.
Looks like the same ol' Jew Chicken-Shit Two-Step, to me

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus from Lydda and Ramle was the expulsion of 50,000–70,000 Palestinian Arabs when Israeli troops captured the towns in July that year. The military action occurred within the context of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.

"The two Arab towns, lying outside the area designated for a Jewish state in the UN Partition Plan of 1947, and inside the area set aside for an Arab state in Palestine,[1][2] subsequently were transformed into predominantly Jewish areas in the new State of Israel, known as Lod and Ramla."

It ain't '48 anymore, Yeppers
Ain't you glad?

:eek:

1948 Palestinian exodus from Lydda and Ramle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel is not at war...
It is now.

To the hilt.

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus from Lydda and Ramle was the expulsion of 50,000–70,000 Palestinian Arabs when Israeli troops captured the towns in July that year. The military action occurred within the context of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.

"The two Arab towns, lying outside the area designated for a Jewish state in the UN Partition Plan of 1947, and inside the area set aside for an Arab state in Palestine,[1][2] subsequently were transformed into predominantly Jewish areas in the new State of Israel, known as Lod and Ramla."

Ain't you glad?

What are you babbling about now, shill?

Using any anti-Palestinian post, out of context, as a vehicle for transitioning to your next piece of un-related and irrelevant Militant Muslim drivel.

You've gotta be the Queen of Weak Segues.

Given that you've chosen a couple of insulting epithets by which to address me (Yeppers, Wienie, etc.), and fired the first and second and third shots, I think it's about time that I return fire...

One good turn deserves another...

Given that I see you as the Queen of Weak Segues...

That's what I'll call you...

Queenie...

Rather fitting, for someone who limp-wristed out of the Air Force after only 10 days of basic training, with a phony back problem...

'Til your next idiotic non sequitur, Queenie...

Meanwhile... back to my morning coffee and toast, enjoying the news reports of Hamas getting its ass kicked...

Last edited:
al jezeerah works out ok as a news source ONLY if one keeps in mind that it
adheres to the SHARIAH LAWS regarding "blasphemy"---- For an interesting
insight into Islamic "blasphemy"---consider that which was considered a
thought crime in soviet Russia. Think Turkey----where writers were jailed for "crime
against the state" of admitting that the Armenian genocide took place

al jezeerah works out ok as a news source ONLY if one keeps in mind that it
adheres to the SHARIAH LAWS regarding "blasphemy"---- For an interesting
insight into Islamic "blasphemy"---consider that which was considered a
thought crime in soviet Russia. Think Turkey----where writers were jailed for "crime
against the state" of admitting that the Armenian genocide took place
@irosie91, isn't this blasphemy :badgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is now.

To the hilt.

Ain't you glad?

Using any anti-Palestinian post, out of context, as a vehicle for transitioning to your next piece of un-related and irrelevant Militant Muslim drivel.

Given that you've chosen a couple of insulting epithets by which to address me (Yeppers, Wienie, etc.), and fired the first and second and third shots, I think it's about time that I return fire...

Queenie...

Rather fitting, for someone who limp-wristed out of the Air Force after only 10 days of basic training, with a phony back problem...

Meanwhile... back to my morning coffee and toast, enjoying the news reports of Hamas getting its ass kicked...
Don't forget to remove the rich Jew's ball sack from between your cheeks, Sweetie; you might burn your tonsils.

Ain't you glad?

Queenie...

Don't forget to remove the rich Jew's ball sack from between your cheeks, Sweetie; you might burn your tonsils.

Were you scratching yours when you wrote that, Dhimmi George? Sad how when someone is a failure in life, he has to find a scapegoat, and it is obvious to the viewers that the Jews were picked to be Dhimmi George's scapegoat.

"Twenty-nine of the UN Human Rights Council's 47 members voted in favour of creating a commission of inquiry to look at possible war crimes committed by Israel.

"Only the United States voted against the resolution, while 17 states abstained, 10 of them European.

"The vote was taken after Navi Pillay, the UN’s human rights commissioner, said there is a 'strong possibility' that Israel is guilty.

"The UN council condemned the Israeli assault on Gaza, which it said has involved 'disproportionate and indiscriminate attacks', including aerial bombing of civilian areas, collective punishment and the killing of more than 700 Palestinians.

"Pillay also accused Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups fighting Israel of committing war crimes with indiscriminate attacks on civilians."

Has Israel committed war crimes in Gaza? - Inside Story - Al Jazeera English

"Twenty-nine of the UN Human Rights Council's 47 members voted in favour of creating a commission of inquiry to look at possible war crimes committed by Israel.

"Only the United States voted against the resolution, while 17 states abstained, 10 of them European.

"The vote was taken after Navi Pillay, the UN’s human rights commissioner, said there is a 'strong possibility' that Israel is guilty.

"The UN council condemned the Israeli assault on Gaza, which it said has involved 'disproportionate and indiscriminate attacks', including aerial bombing of civilian areas, collective punishment and the killing of more than 700 Palestinians.

"Pillay also accused Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups fighting Israel of committing war crimes with indiscriminate attacks on civilians."

So, Dhimmi George, have you anything from Al Jazeera which tells about the war crimes crimmitted by Muslim countries, or are you trying to tell us your new masters are such angels and they wouldn't harm a fly?

So, Dhimmi George, have you anything from Al Jazeera which tells about the war crimes crimmitted by Muslim countries, or are you trying to tell us your new masters are such angels and they wouldn't harm a fly?
Muslims haven't killed over 700 Jews this month, have they?
Naturally you don't care because the only terror you object to comes from Muslims.

Muslims haven't killed over 700 Jews this month, have they?
Naturally you don't care because the only terror you object to comes from Muslims.

Dhimmi George still thinks he is fooling anyone that he actually cares about the Arabs except to use them as pawns. Your new masters have murdered way more innocent people than 700 during this month, and these dead people mean nothing to you unless you can drag in your favorite scapegoats, the Jews. Perhaps Dhimmi George should get his mind off of his favorite scapegoats and actually read the news about what is happening in the rest of the Middle East countries as well as the Muslim world in general. By the way, tell your new masters that if they didn't use women and children as human shields, there wouldn't have been 700 killed. Anyhow, most of those killed were militants between the ages of 18 and 28. Maybe you are mourning these militants because now they wouldn't be able to kill some Jews for you.

Forum List

Back