Al Gore Screams Warning - America Shrugs...

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
According to a recent Gallop Poll, Americans just don't care about Al Gore's great campaign against Global Warming - with only 1 or 2 percent polled indicating the environment as their biggest concern.

As pollster Frank Newport put it, Al Gore... "has failed."

Poor Al.

And I was really pulling for him to be right too - We are now into the middle of May and the weather remains abnormally cool and wet - as have the last few years.

Brrrrrrr.......

Sorry, Al Gore, but Public Cares About the Economy, Not Global Warming - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

We peaked the last year, so yeah, according to trends we are suppose to slowly begin to cool off, still on track with as much natural variance as should be predicted, when we get as warm as we were a million years ago, then I'll worry, of course I'll worry more about surviving it and not follow the Gore franchise.

*yawn* If Gore is right, according to him there isn't a future. As a matter of fact, if he's right, according to him we'll all be dead within a few years ... like he said would happen a couple decades ago.

Does it really matter? One side screams the sky is falling, the other side screams the sky is fine. Both sides have facts showing they are right and the other is wrong. Al Gore is an idiot who has done more damage than good with a big pile of money to show for it. (Yes I know all of his recent earnings have gone to charities etc.) People will not change until something major happens either the Earth cooling or warming. Even then it will be proven that humans are basically stupid creatures and lack enough reason to work together to find the correct answer. Sean

Does it really matter? One side screams the sky is falling, the other side screams the sky is fine. Both sides have facts showing they are right and the other is wrong. Al Gore is an idiot who has done more damage than good with a big pile of money to show for it. (Yes I know all of his recent earnings have gone to charities etc.) People will not change until something major happens either the Earth cooling or warming. Even then it will be proven that humans are basically stupid creatures and lack enough reason to work together to find the correct answer. Sean

Gore's big pile of money was earned on high tech stocks when those stocks were on a downer. Only his earnings from his lectures and movie go to charity, what he earns on his continueing investments, he keeps. He has proven himself to be an astute businessman.

No, only one side in this debate has science on it's side. Ever Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world states that global warming is happening, is a clear and present danger, and we are the primary cause.
Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Humans cannot work together, we're all rugged individualists! :eusa_whistle:

If the economy was sound, the environmental issue would loom larger on our horizon.

But as long as people are worried about living indoors, the thought that there's an environmental disaster waiting sometime in the future gets put in the "something to think about when I'm not up to my ass in economic alligators" part of our minds.

Poor Al his carbon trade scam won't make him a billionaire. maybe people are finally realizing that the only thing Al Bore wants to save is his own fat ass

Poor Al his carbon trade scam won't make him a billionaire. maybe people are finally realizing that the only thing Al Bore wants to save is his own fat ass

They discussed this phenominon on the Ron Reagan show (air america).

There was a huge list of reasons why people don't care as much as they should. Your reason was not one of them.

It was a few weeks back so let me think of what was said.

What can we do. China, India, Europe, Mexico are all driving more. We feel helpless

But no doubt you Global warming deniers play an important role in ruining the planet. You guys confuse the issue and distort the facts, because cleaning up the planet is going to cost the corporations that run your party.

Oh, I forgot, you aren't a right wing wacko on every fucking issues. :eusa_liar:

Newt already admitted that I'm right. Going green means more regulations and higher taxes for the corporations. Piece out!

Last edited:

There was a huge list of reasons why people don't care as much as they should. Your reason was not one of them.

What can we do. China, India, Europe, Mexico are all driving more. We feel helpless

But no doubt you Global warming deniers play an important role in ruining the planet. You guys confuse the issue and distort the facts, because cleaning up the planet is going to cost the corporations that run your party.

Oh, I forgot, you aren't a right wing wacko on every fucking issues. :eusa_liar:

Newt already admitted that I'm right. Going green means more regulations and higher taxes for the corporations. Piece out!

So calling Al Bore a self aggrandizing scam artist who will benefit to the tune of billions of dollars if he can push through legislation like Cap and trade makes me a denier?

Follow the money, Honey.

Who stands to make the most dough if Global warming is politicizes and these horrible carbon taxes get signed into law?

Al Fucking Bore that's who.

Oh and I've laid out more than one strategy to cut carbon emissions but because it doesn't involve taxing people and companies more, you obviously think it's a bad idea.

Last edited:
This global cooling is going to freeze us all to death before long. We're in a decade long spiral of doom, if we don't release some greenhouse gases soon we're all fukked. I've been doing my part. I've made trips to Mexico to get R-12 and shoot the cans when I get back and try to burn a tire in the yard at least once a day. We should all chip in and do our part to help. Eat beans or cabbage or drink a coke, if possible, pick up smoking.

So calling Al Bore a self aggrandizing scam artist who will benefit to the tune of billions of dollars if he can push through legislation like Cap and trade makes me a denier?

Follow the money, Honey.

Who stands to make the most dough if Global warming is politicizes and these horrible carbon taxes get signed into law?

Oh and I've laid out more than one strategy to cut carbon emissions but because it doesn't involve taxing people and companies more, you obviously think it's a bad idea.

Same thing I said about Cheney and his defense company and bush and his oil buddies.

Only Al Bore's company would benefit the planet, our environment, etc.

I love it that you right wingers are anti environment.

This global cooling is going to freeze us all to death before long. We're in a decade long spiral of doom, if we don't release some greenhouse gases soon we're all fukked. I've been doing my part. I've made trips to Mexico to get R-12 and shoot the cans when I get back and try to burn a tire in the yard at least once a day. We should all chip in and do our part to help. Eat beans or cabbage or drink a coke, if possible, pick up smoking.

Weed? Yes, pick up smoking pot.

Actually, that is the solution to this troubled economy. We should be allowed to harvest a crop that sells for $200 an ounce.

Follow the money, Honey.

Same thing I said about Cheney and his defense company and bush and his oil buddies.

Wrong again BooBoo.

As I have said, i have posted on ways to reduce carbon emissions that do not involve the government raising our taxes via carbon trade scams that will do nothing but make hypocrites like Al Bore with his huge carbon footprint rich while the rest of us see 60 and 70% price hikes in utility costs not to mention that the cost increase of every fucking product on the planet.

But you think that big wasteful inefficient government projects are our only hope.

Actually, that is the solution to this troubled economy. We should be allowed to harvest a crop that sells for $200 an ounce.

The crap is so easy to grow it would end up going for $5 an ounce. It must have gone up, last time I talked to dopers(been some years) it was $80 an ounce.

Follow the money, Honey.

Wrong again BooBoo.

As I have said, i have posted on ways to reduce carbon emissions that do not involve the government raising our taxes via carbon trade scams that will do nothing but make hypocrites like Al Bore with his huge carbon footprint rich while the rest of us see 60 and 70% price hikes in utility costs not to mention that the cost increase of every fucking product on the planet.

But you think that big wasteful inefficient government projects are our only hope.

Shit then I may have misunderstood you Skull. You may be right about the carbon credit thing being a scam. I bet you are right.

But human's causing global warming isn't a lie.

Cool, we agree on that. If you have ideas about lowering carbon emissions, then you are an environmentalist too. Sweet!

See, I'm not always looking to disagree and I'll admit when I am wrong or when YOU are right.

The crap is so easy to grow it would end up going for $5 an ounce. It must have gone up, last time I talked to dopers(been some years) it was $80 an ounce.

And I get it for $125, so I'm sure that the people I get it from probably get it for $80. Bastards. :lol:

Once a year the cronik comes around and people pay $400 an ounce. I think they are IDIOTS! It better make me have wet dreams for that much money. :lol:

It tastes better, smells better, etc., but it doesn't get me that much higher. Certainly not twice as high.

Forum List

Back