Al Gore Screams Warning - America Shrugs...

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Sinatra, May 13, 2009.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    According to a recent Gallop Poll, Americans just don't care about Al Gore's great campaign against Global Warming - with only 1 or 2 percent polled indicating the environment as their biggest concern.

As pollster Frank Newport put it, Al Gore... "has failed."

Poor Al.

And I was really pulling for him to be right too - We are now into the middle of May and the weather remains abnormally cool and wet - as have the last few years.

Brrrrrrr.......

Sorry, Al Gore, but Public Cares About the Economy, Not Global Warming - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    We peaked the last year, so yeah, according to trends we are suppose to slowly begin to cool off, still on track with as much natural variance as should be predicted, when we get as warm as we were a million years ago, then I'll worry, of course I'll worry more about surviving it and not follow the Gore franchise.

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,307
    OK. I really hope you are correct. However, I will remind you of this forecast in the future.

4. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    *yawn* If Gore is right, according to him there isn't a future. As a matter of fact, if he's right, according to him we'll all be dead within a few years ... like he said would happen a couple decades ago.

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,307
    None of which he said.

6. seaninomaha

seaninomaha Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does it really matter? One side screams the sky is falling, the other side screams the sky is fine. Both sides have facts showing they are right and the other is wrong. Al Gore is an idiot who has done more damage than good with a big pile of money to show for it. (Yes I know all of his recent earnings have gone to charities etc.) People will not change until something major happens either the Earth cooling or warming. Even then it will be proven that humans are basically stupid creatures and lack enough reason to work together to find the correct answer. Sean

7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,307
    Gore's big pile of money was earned on high tech stocks when those stocks were on a downer. Only his earnings from his lectures and movie go to charity, what he earns on his continueing investments, he keeps. He has proven himself to be an astute businessman.

No, only one side in this debate has science on it's side. Ever Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world states that global warming is happening, is a clear and present danger, and we are the primary cause.
    Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. Seraega

Seraega Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Humans cannot work together, we're all rugged individualists! :eusa_whistle:

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    If the economy was sound, the environmental issue would loom larger on our horizon.

But as long as people are worried about living indoors, the thought that there's an environmental disaster waiting sometime in the future gets put in the "something to think about when I'm not up to my ass in economic alligators" part of our minds.

10. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,023
    Poor Al his carbon trade scam won't make him a billionaire. maybe people are finally realizing that the only thing Al Bore wants to save is his own fat ass