AK-47s on Miami's streets

Any M-16 knockoff that uses M-16 parts just needs a sear added or modified. Further the original AR-15 is prone to malfunctions that let it temporarily fire full auto.

However just being a Gunny in the Marine Corps gives no one special information on this particular case, other than the fact all that is missing is the right sear.

It doesn't? My mistake, then.

I thought that part of your training to become a gunny was as a weapons expert.

I guess I'm confusing rank with ratings, aren't I?

You are thinking of a Different rank, a Gunner is a Warrant Officer rank they got rid of and brought back, their job is to be the Battalion, Regiment, Brigade Commander's duty expert on all things weapon related.

No, I was just flat out wrong, but thanks for creating a plausible excuse for my ignorance, anyway.

I never said anything about regulations in this particular case. Please don't put words in my mouth.

failbeaver.jpg

Please show where I said these weapons were obtained legally.

Funny picture!

My question is, How is it that assault rifles were the murder weapon in 28% of Miami's homicides last year?

These are military weapons. How is that possible?

My question is, How is it that assault rifles were the murder weapon in 28% of Miami's homicides last year?

wrong as usual
the term "assault weapon" is not limited to military weapons only

Last edited:
Why does it matter what kind of weapons criminals use? Here's a novel idea, send the National Guard after these gangland jackasses. Then we can put them on trial, although it wouldn't break my heart to hear that each and everyone one of them tripped and fell on about 500 bullets before they could be booked.

Thought this post was about bringing home troops. Another falsehood.

2nlzu60.jpg

P.S. - Catzmeow already answered this question...reading comprehension is your friend.

Last edited:
Why does it matter what kind of weapons criminals use? Here's a novel idea, send the National Guard after these gangland jackasses. Then we can put them on trial, although it wouldn't break my heart to hear that each and everyone one of them tripped and fell on about 500 bullets before they could be booked.

I like this idea.

Chief Timoney said it had become apparent over the last year that Miami officers needed the option of more powerful weapons.

The Miami Police Department said 15 of its 79 homicides last year involved assault weapons. This year, 12 of the 60 homicides have involved the high-power guns.

In the shooting on Thursday, a man opened fire on four Miami-Dade County police officers with an assault rifle during a traffic stop, killing one of the officers and injuring the other three. Police killed the man hours later.

Officers using the weapons in Miami will shoot bullets designed to shatter after they have hit something to avoid striking bystanders or other unintended targets.

Not all officers may choose to carry the new weapon. But Chief Timoney said, “If I was a police officer out there in a tough neighborhood, I would want to have that in the car.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/17/us/17miami.html?_r=1

Allowing an escalating small arms race in America has deadly implications:

Local police say the numbers of murders committed with assault weapons has been steadily rising since the ban expired on Sept. 13, 2004. Now that they're more readily available, assault rifles have become more common, Miami Police Chief John Timoney said.

''It's become fashionable if you will,'' he said. ``It's the weapon of choice.''

In the city of Miami, 20 percent of murders this year were committed with assault weapons, up from 4 percent in 2004.

The Mayor of Miami-Dade shares the sentiments of Miami Chief Timoney:

Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Alvarez, a former police officer and police director, can't hide his anger when he talks about the assault weapons his officers are facing.

''While I feel very strongly about the Second Amendment, I don't think that our founding fathers had AK-47s in mind,'' he said. `

`There's absolutely no reason I can see having these weapons out on the street.''

Gun Guys » In Miami, Assault Weapons are Killing Residents at a Record Rate

Local police say the numbers of murders committed with assault weapons has been steadily rising since the ban expired on Sept. 13, 2004. Now that they're more readily available, assault rifles have become more common, Miami Police Chief John Timoney said.

''It's become fashionable if you will,'' he said. ``It's the weapon of choice.''

In the city of Miami, 20 percent of murders this year were committed with assault weapons, up from 4 percent in 2004.

Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Alvarez, a former police officer and police director, can't hide his anger when he talks about the assault weapons his officers are facing.

''While I feel very strongly about the Second Amendment, I don't think that our founding fathers had AK-47s in mind,'' he said. `

`There's absolutely no reason I can see having these weapons out on the street.''

Once again retard fully automatic weapons are ALREADY illegal. These weapons are not even being made in America, they are being smuggled in from outside the US. How exactly is denying US citizens the right to own firearms going to stop THAT?

that mayor is an idiot, that is exactly what the founders had in mind
it was to protect against an overbearing government

Once again retard fully automatic weapons are ALREADY illegal. These weapons are not even being made in America, they are being smuggled in from outside the US. How exactly is denying US citizens the right to own firearms going to stop THAT?

It is very easy to convert the assault rifles that are sold here to automatic. You know that as well as I do. There is no reason for people to own military style assault weapons with more than 10 bullets per magazine. They should be banned.

You should watch the video of the brave L.A. police shooting it out with bank robbers armed with this military weapons. It's a disgrace.

The "founding fathers" also owned slaves.

The "founding fathers" also owned slaves.
so?????????

that mayor is an idiot

It is very easy to convert the assault rifles that are sold here to automatic. You know that as well as I do. There is no reason for people to own military style assault weapons with more than 10 bullets per magazine. They should be banned.

You should watch the video of the brave L.A. police shooting it out with bank robbers armed with this military weapons. It's a disgrace.

Wait did not you post earlier you were not in fact asking for any ban at all, just noting an incident? Can we now call you LIAR and point this thread out as absolute proof of it?

And for your information the Supreme Court ruled in 1939 that IN FACT a weapon MUST be usable and acceptable for use to the military for it to be covered by the 2nd Amendment. Which makes the original ban unconstitutional and makes any future ban JUST as unconstitutional.

Once again you dumb as a fucking rock turd, these weapons are not even FROM the US. they were not built here, they were not legally imported here, they were not legally sold here. They also were not modified here.

It is ALREADY illegal to modify a weapon without a proper license. You want to ban something that is already banned. But you want to slip in an extra ban on legal weapons.

Since these weapons were not made here, but were smuggled in, doesn't it make sense that they should be LEGAL for law abiding citizens to purchase, so they can defend themselves against these CRIMINALS? This proves that gun laws protect criminals. The laws banning uzis do not stop the criminals from getting them, only keep the law abiding citizens from defending themselves. Let's legalize ALL automatic weapons. Seriously.

Forum List

Back