Aircraft carriers are as useless as battleships in an all out war with China or Russia

However is America still wants to invade third World nations like Vietnam and Afghanistan or Somalia a carrier could still be useful. However if the USA attacked China or Russia with a carrier the ship would be sunk in under an hour by land based anti ship missiles that number in the thousands

yep it's true....the carriers are now nothing more that huge targets and there is no way they can defend against the absolute rain of missiles that would find them. However you underestimate the US navy...the Littoral fleet is growing and it is the most deadly thing that has ever taken afloat. China is no match for the US navy and they know it. They are also no match for our cruise missile technologies. Within an hour of sinking an air craft carrier somewhere between 500 and 1000 land based targets would go up in smoke in China...many of them heavy population centers. These would be from missles that are absolutely impossible to stop or intercept.
They know that also. A first wave attack by the US cruise missile assets would produce roughly ten million casualties in China within a few hours.
China would most likely surrender after the first wave...if not then they would have to suffer an even greater second wave attack for which they would have little or no answer....they cannot hit the US with any kind of consistency and even if a few got though it would be a very uneven exchange ....with each exchange China would be largely incapacitated.

JO
The littoral fleet is an artificial reef waiting to happen. A new and bright pile of junk

The fleet is not a failure....
But the news articles are good consumption for the Chinese intelligence agencies....let them believe that....better for us. You don't show off your successes you hide them.

JO
The littoral fleet is useless as the new rubber ducky boats all have holes and faulty motors
You are not an American.
Littoral craft do not use motors dude....
I thought you were supposed to know something about the subject. That one statement alone makes you look like a complete fool.

Jo

However is America still wants to invade third World nations like Vietnam and Afghanistan or Somalia a carrier could still be useful. However if the USA attacked China or Russia with a carrier the ship would be sunk in under an hour by land based anti ship missiles that number in the thousands

yep it's true....the carriers are now nothing more that huge targets and there is no way they can defend against the absolute rain of missiles that would find them. However you underestimate the US navy...the Littoral fleet is growing and it is the most deadly thing that has ever taken afloat. China is no match for the US navy and they know it. They are also no match for our cruise missile technologies. Within an hour of sinking an air craft carrier somewhere between 500 and 1000 land based targets would go up in smoke in China...many of them heavy population centers. These would be from missles that are absolutely impossible to stop or intercept.
They know that also. A first wave attack by the US cruise missile assets would produce roughly ten million casualties in China within a few hours.
China would most likely surrender after the first wave...if not then they would have to suffer an even greater second wave attack for which they would have little or no answer....they cannot hit the US with any kind of consistency and even if a few got though it would be a very uneven exchange ....with each exchange China would be largely incapacitated.

JO
The littoral fleet is an artificial reef waiting to happen. A new and bright pile of junk

But the news articles are good consumption for the Chinese intelligence agencies....let them believe that....better for us. You don't show off your successes you hide them.

JO
The littoral fleet is useless as the new rubber ducky boats all have holes and faulty motors
You are not an American.
I thought you were supposed to know something about the subject. That one statement alone makes you look like a complete fool.

Jo
Well when they are being towed something fucked up. Tell us how are littoral ships powered, do idiots like you row?

Jesus u r tupid

Ps if a gas turbine is broken. Then the motor is broken, there are lots of types of motors junior

You are not arguing with me, you are arguing with reality
You would not recognize reality if it marched past you playing Thriller on a pink and green Sousaphone.

The exact same stuff people like esalla babble about aircraft carriers supposed "vulnerability" are the exact same things people were babbling about them at the time of the Falkland Islands War in 1982.
Actually it is being said by every defense analyst at this point. Aircraft carriers are useless in any battle with a hypersonic missile equipped nation

I am not sure why you are persisting in your denial.

Midway is over kid, you need to stop watching the movie's too

Accept the truth kid, or stay in your Midway fantasy

I've never seen Midway. And not every defense analyst agrees with you.
And most nations do not have hypersonic missiles.
And before you act like an ass and make your typical comment about "nations with camels"... if a nation with camels is the opponent, then why not use weapons like aircraft carriers against them.

Most nations are NOT so called "peer opponents" of the United States.
1. You have seen both versions of Midway, not sure why you choose to lie, this is really childish
2. No defense analyst agrees with me, I agree with them that carriers are obsolete
3. Carriers are not made to defend against most nations, they are made to defend against the major threats to the USA.
4. The point about camels kid, is that camels do not threaten a carrier in any way, but attack Russia or China with a carrier and no jet that took off will land

Of course. Because of your imaginary thousands of anti ship missiles that never miss and that can destroy an aircraft carrier with a single hit.

Sure, "first responder". sure.
Just quoting the defense analyst. LOL can you tell us again that you never watched Midway?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You can find a "defense analyst" to say almost anything. They are payed to present their OPINIONS. Some have been saying since the Yom Kippur War that tanks are obsolete. Recent conflicts have shown that tanks still rule the battlefield as does artillery that has also been claimed to have been made obsolete by air power and counter-battery radar.

JO

JO
You are not an American.

Jo
Well when they are being towed something fucked up. Tell us how are littoral ships powered, do idiots like you row?

Jesus u r tupid

Ps if a gas turbine is broken. Then the motor is broken, there are lots of types of motors junior
LCS are expendable assets and and much smaller crews than normal warships. Their self-repair capabilities are limited. Think of them as the modern equivalent of WWII PT Boats or MTBs. All of their major maintenance was done at bases.

You are not arguing with me, you are arguing with reality
You would not recognize reality if it marched past you playing Thriller on a pink and green Sousaphone.

The exact same stuff people like esalla babble about aircraft carriers supposed "vulnerability" are the exact same things people were babbling about them at the time of the Falkland Islands War in 1982.
Actually it is being said by every defense analyst at this point. Aircraft carriers are useless in any battle with a hypersonic missile equipped nation

I am not sure why you are persisting in your denial.

Midway is over kid, you need to stop watching the movie's too

Accept the truth kid, or stay in your Midway fantasy

I've never seen Midway. And not every defense analyst agrees with you.
And most nations do not have hypersonic missiles.
And before you act like an ass and make your typical comment about "nations with camels"... if a nation with camels is the opponent, then why not use weapons like aircraft carriers against them.

Most nations are NOT so called "peer opponents" of the United States.
1. You have seen both versions of Midway, not sure why you choose to lie, this is really childish
2. No defense analyst agrees with me, I agree with them that carriers are obsolete
3. Carriers are not made to defend against most nations, they are made to defend against the major threats to the USA.
4. The point about camels kid, is that camels do not threaten a carrier in any way, but attack Russia or China with a carrier and no jet that took off will land

Of course. Because of your imaginary thousands of anti ship missiles that never miss and that can destroy an aircraft carrier with a single hit.

Sure, "first responder". sure.
Just quoting the defense analyst. LOL can you tell us again that you never watched Midway?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You can find a "defense analyst" to say almost anything. They are payed to present their OPINIONS. Some have been saying since the Yom Kippur War that tanks are obsolete. Recent conflicts have shown that tanks still rule the battlefield as does artillery that has also been claimed to have been made obsolete by air power and counter-battery radar.
Tanks and artillery are toys when drones that can not be hurt start launching and ordering missile attacks.

Yom kipper dipper war. That was a turkey shoot for turkeys only

I think America should be working out how to protect the eventual Communist offensive against Taiwan, Japan and Australia rather than just their own offensive measures.

If they don't take Taiwan by force, they will just swallow them by squeezing them economically, denying them travel in various critical areas they require for trade, bribing and buying politicians (as they do to the West) etc.

China is probably just in wait for the right opportunity. They just took H.K and they are working on squeezing the Aussies and NZ economically right now also, keeping them dependent on them. Once done with these irritants, they will turn their sights elsewhere.

By the time China decides to go on the offensive, they could be too advanced, or too rapid in their activities. Worse, a passive, docile America that decides "it's not worth the economic 'benefit' we enjoy from cheap labour in China, so, unfortunately, you're on your own Taiwan".

China will know when to move, it won't be until they are in a much superior position, economically, geo-politically (they are in a great spot based on the U.N and WTO fiascos) and otherwise. They have to choose to eventually expand though with a focus on economics, but we saw their swift and deliberate move into H.K. 1.4B people and weak Western leadership? Just a matter of time...

Apples and Oranges. Hong Kong returned to Chinese control back in 1997.

Not at all,.....

Yes, at all. The Second Convention of Peking in 1898 granted Britain rule over Hong Kong for an additional 99 years. That contract ran out in 1997.

Small, numerous and agile is the key. Aircraft carriers are still useful to an extent, but not as in the past and not as reliable as WWII. In the modern world, they make a big, tempting, juicy target.

Tanks and artillery are toys when drones that can not be hurt start launching and ordering missile attacks.

What sort of drugs would I have to take for this to make sense? Are any of those drugs legal?
You think you can follow me on a 50 or 100 mile bike ride? or rep out with me on 400lb deadlifts?

Anytime

Just to add some oil in the flame.
Dayton will say that those missiles will bounce off a carrier or that no plane can get within 500 miles of a carrier, even though no plane or jet needs be involved.

I wouldn't say anything like that. I guess lying is your new trolling technique.

Just to add some oil in the flame.
Dayton will say that those missiles will bounce off a carrier or that no plane can get within 500 miles of a carrier, even though no plane or jet needs be involved.

I wouldn't say anything like that. I guess lying is your new trolling technique.
Yea you did, I guess memory is not one of your strong points

What sort of drugs would I have to take for this to make sense? Are any of those drugs legal?
You think you can follow me on a 50 or 100 mile bike ride? or rep out with me on 400lb deadlifts?

Anytime

rTqbVrXFPZNhxqvpXQmQ5QXaXN7_Ffeu61W025GAnYGIZFmV3UngsPPstXux0PQNU-jszGCTG-owMqsSPFgo8VrBWZSgWn77TXSEPwONyMDcwdoCi61Y46YSY0qlMIvtcZNjJNYQe463JZb3B482U9XH4h75ZnsRkWs

Sit your monkey ass down, Nancy...

Anytime

rTqbVrXFPZNhxqvpXQmQ5QXaXN7_Ffeu61W025GAnYGIZFmV3UngsPPstXux0PQNU-jszGCTG-owMqsSPFgo8VrBWZSgWn77TXSEPwONyMDcwdoCi61Y46YSY0qlMIvtcZNjJNYQe463JZb3B482U9XH4h75ZnsRkWs

Sit your monkey ass down, Nancy...
Your total lack of refute is noted

Forum List

Back