'Air Force One' returns to Obama after 18-month tune up

Interesting, you really should read this:

150504181204-air-force-one-obama-soldiers-exlarge-169.jpeg

Air Force One returns to Obama after 18-month tune up - CNNPolitics.com

Before taking off on his trip to New York on Monday, President Barack Obama's Air Force One was returned to him after an 18-month long tune-up.

Air Force troops from the Presidential Logistics Squadron presented Obama with the aircraft known as VC-25 #28000 -- which was previously used as 'Air Force One -- after it went through a heavy, depot-level maintenance cycle, according to Senior Master Sgt. Kevin Wallace, Chief of Public Affairs for the 89th Air Wing.

'Air Force One' is technically used to describe any Air Force aircraft carrying the President. However, that name typically refers to the two customized Boeing 747-200B series aircraft with the tail numbers #28000 and #29000.

The maintenance done on the aircraft was routine and there was nothing wrong with the plane, according to Wallace.

The lengthy process is described as normally cosmetic and preventive, but may include upgrades as well. Information of what was done to the plane received by the President on Monday was not immediately available.

The aircraft the President has been using for the past 18 months, VC-25, Tail #29000 is now headed to Texas for a similar maintenance, according to Wallace.

During the George W. Bush administration, both of the aircrafts used as Air Force One were worked on for a similar period of time. ...

...Both planes the President currently uses will reach the end of their 30-year service life in 2017, and according to The Wall Street Journal, the U.S. Air Force has set aside $1.65 billion between 2015 and 2019 for two replacement jets.

I think it is fair to say that these two jets are probably the two most expensive jets in the world.

$1,650,000,000 ($ 1.65 B) for both jets.

Nope. The boondoggle that is the B-2 cost 2 billion each. These two aren't even in the same ballpark.

Excuse me. Are the B2s designed for private transpot?

I don't recall you specifying that in your OP. You merely stated they were the most expensive jets ever, and that is not true. That is all the point I was making.

I stand corrected. I meant Jets for private personnel transport. Was just too lazy to write it all.

I now bow down to the might westwall and grant him victory in this very important round.

:D

Interesting story. But did you know that after 18 months they still couldn't get the stink of BO out of the plane? it's true. It still stinks of BO.

Does that kind of stink ever wash out?

:lol:

Interesting story. But did you know that after 18 months they still couldn't get the stink of BO out of the plane? it's true. It still stinks of BO.

Does that kind of stink ever wash out?

:lol:
Now I have a clear understanding of the word lamer. Thanks.

Shouldn't Obama be flying in a plane powered by "hope and change"? Burning fossil fuels is kinda hypocritical, doncha think? Can't he just hook a Unicorns ass to the fuel tank?

UnicornFarts001.jpg

Before taking off on his trip to New York on Monday, President Barack Obama's Air Force One was returned to him after an 18-month long tune-up.

Air Force troops from the Presidential Logistics Squadron presented Obama with the aircraft known as VC-25 #28000 -- which was previously used as 'Air Force One -- after it went through a heavy, depot-level maintenance cycle, according to Senior Master Sgt. Kevin Wallace, Chief of Public Affairs for the 89th Air Wing.

'Air Force One' is technically used to describe any Air Force aircraft carrying the President. However, that name typically refers to the two customized Boeing 747-200B series aircraft with the tail numbers #28000 and #29000.

The maintenance done on the aircraft was routine and there was nothing wrong with the plane, according to Wallace.

The lengthy process is described as normally cosmetic and preventive, but may include upgrades as well. Information of what was done to the plane received by the President on Monday was not immediately available.

The aircraft the President has been using for the past 18 months, VC-25, Tail #29000 is now headed to Texas for a similar maintenance, according to Wallace.

During the George W. Bush administration, both of the aircrafts used as Air Force One were worked on for a similar period of time. ...

...Both planes the President currently uses will reach the end of their 30-year service life in 2017, and according to The Wall Street Journal, the U.S. Air Force has set aside $1.65 billion between 2015 and 2019 for two replacement jets.

I think it is fair to say that these two jets are probably the two most expensive jets in the world.

Nope. The boondoggle that is the B-2 cost 2 billion each. These two aren't even in the same ballpark.

I don't recall you specifying that in your OP. You merely stated they were the most expensive jets ever, and that is not true. That is all the point I was making.

I stand corrected. I meant Jets for private personnel transport. Was just too lazy to write it all.

I now bow down to the might westwall and grant him victory in this very important round.

I didn't realize we were fighting!

:funnyface:

I didn't realize we were fighting!

:funnyface:

:rofl:

It's more than protection on AF1, that plane is set up to independently run the entire US government in flight, from anywhere in the world.

The government is, for obvious reasons, rather tightlipped on what it has on it, but I've heard stories that may or may not belong in "conspiracy theories" - can nearly get into space to avoid other aircraft, can handle dives that would destroy other planes of it's make, can fly faster, farther, and more simply (aka if the pilot is killed anyone could fly it) than other planes of it's class, armor plating for missiles, I've even heard that it has nao-stealth technology and its own global satellite network in orbit.

Why does it take a year and half to do complete Annual Inspection on what is basically a High End 747?

I was hoping for a photo showing the entire side of Air Farce One so we could see the wide cargo door cut in so Mrs. Zero could join hubbie on the golfing excursions without having to turn sidewise!

That pic above ^^^^^ is the AF-1 that was retired when Clintons left office and did a little housecleaning.
Is that the one they had to disassemble for a 100 mile highway ride to the Reagan Library and reassemble after it got there? Is the "on loan" AF1 flyable or just a prop?

Forum List

Back