Ahmadinejad to answer complaint by parliament

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
May 3, 2011
My house
TEHRAN

Iran's outgoing president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was called to testify to Tehran court.

Iranian news agencies did not indicate the reason for testimony, but they drew attention to Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani's filing complaint against Ahmadinejad for violating the constitution.

More at Turkish Weekly

According to Iran's Constitution, complaints can be filed against the president and others.

As of February 2012, the range of issues may include, " Mr. Ahmadinejad efforts to bypass lawmakers. Their written questions touched on a range of economic concerns, including infrastructure spending, the nomination process for ministers and the slow pace of growth under Mr. Ahmadinejad’s administration.

In the view of many critics in Iran, the economy has been mismanaged by Mr. Ahmadinejad and has now been made worse by Western sanctions.

In addition to economic issues, hard-line clerics devoted to Ayatollah Khamenei have long harbored suspicions that Mr. Ahmadinejad leads a “deviant current” that would challenge their primacy in all aspects of society."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/08/w...ment-summons-ahmadinejad-to-testify.html?_r=0

Connery, et al,

This is a big risk they are taking.

As of February 2012, the range of issues may include, " Mr. Ahmadinejad efforts to bypass lawmakers. Their written questions touched on a range of economic concerns, including infrastructure spending, the nomination process for ministers and the slow pace of growth under Mr. Ahmadinejad’s administration.

In the view of many critics in Iran, the economy has been mismanaged by Mr. Ahmadinejad and has now been made worse by Western sanctions.

In addition to economic issues, hard-line clerics devoted to Ayatollah Khamenei have long harbored suspicions that Mr. Ahmadinejad leads a “deviant current” that would challenge their primacy in all aspects of society."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/08/w...ment-summons-ahmadinejad-to-testify.html?_r=0
(COMMENT)

Nearly 30 people, corporate leaders and government officials, have been arrested, bought to trial, and sentenced. While several received the "death sentence" --- most received long prison terms. The risk is high if the Supreme Leader paints a bullseye on your back. There is no right of appeal in an Islamic Court.

Most Respectfully,
R

Iran was once our friend. Ahmadinejad took his fervid hatred against us to a very high level by sending super IEDs to insurgents to kill our troops after we reinforced military transport equipment to resist IEDs. What they did was war by proxy, and they more than deserved sanctions for trying to prosper evil against America. The kicker is they actually sided with a country that killed almost a million Iranians in a bitter struggle over 25 square miles of Iranian coastline on the Gulf that Saddam wanted for himself. We have no idea what a new leadership program in Iran will bring. I hope it brings them to a desire for peace in the region and setting aside plans for wiping Israel and the United States off the map, Ahmadinejad's consistent theme during his presidency. August can't come soon enough, imho, when his last day is served.

Connery, et al,

This is a big risk they are taking.

(COMMENT)

Nearly 30 people, corporate leaders and government officials, have been arrested, bought to trial, and sentenced. While several received the "death sentence" --- most received long prison terms. The risk is high if the Supreme Leader paints a bullseye on your back. There is no right of appeal in an Islamic Court.

Most Respectfully,
R

I agree with the level of risk. Ahmadinejad is leaving and there is very little benefit to garner from tasking him to answer various questions to the answers seemingly are already known. Worst case scenario for Iran and best for the West is he is martyred which gives more life to the "deviant current".

Mr R and Mr. Con------I do admit to the remote possibility
that I am wrong------but I have perceived a little undercurrent of a
"lets' repudiate Achmadinejad" on the part of the ruling ayatoilets
for YEARS --------and I harbor a very cynical explanation. Iran ---
as the bastion of the SHIITE world -----in a much larger SUNNI world---
is--------insecure.<<<<< emotionally. I also have a sense that there
is a plan ------to do a "HOLY COUP OF MECCA"-----the plan including
an alliance between Hezbollah (under full control of Iran) and
Al Queida. In order to extricate themselves from accusations and being
completely abandoned ------lots of Iranian leaders want to be able to
scapegoat a few of their own numbers as in "it wasn't me----it was him"
should plans for saudi arabia go awry. Poor little Achmadinejad----may
be thrown under the bus--------for any of a number of "political" reasons----
even associated with a possible declaration of "HEZBOLLAH IS NOT IRAN"
______ especially once ASSAD gives up

Mr R and Mr. Con------I do admit to the remote possibility
that I am wrong------but I have perceived a little undercurrent of a
"lets' repudiate Achmadinejad" on the part of the ruling ayatoilets
for YEARS --------and I harbor a very cynical explanation. Iran ---
as the bastion of the SHIITE world -----in a much larger SUNNI world---
is--------insecure.<<<<< emotionally. I also have a sense that there
is a plan ------to do a "HOLY COUP OF MECCA"-----the plan including
an alliance between Hezbollah (under full control of Iran) and
Al Queida. In order to extricate themselves from accusations and being
completely abandoned ------lots of Iranian leaders want to be able to
scapegoat a few of their own numbers as in "it wasn't me----it was him"
should plans for saudi arabia go awry. Poor little Achmadinejad----may
be thrown under the bus--------for any of a number of "political" reasons----
even associated with a possible declaration of "HEZBOLLAH IS NOT IRAN"
______ especially once ASSAD gives up

I agree, Rosie, he is being thrown under the bus. I do not believe for one second that the powers did not know exactly what he was doing all along.

Forum List

Back