Aged 18 to 29 with college degree twice as likely to have a full-time job

In ObamaNation at least you have a degree to admire for all that he did for you...a job?...pfeeesh too bad...go stand in line with the millions of others...and whatever you do don't BITCH you will be accused of HATING education...

oh my gawd............the jokes just keep on a coming

Republicans say government can't create jobs. That's why Republicans are obstructing. To make sure it can't. You should be happy about that. Isn't that what your kind wants?

because Republicans never had part-time minimum wage jobs

In ObamaNation at least you have a degree to admire for all that he did for you...a job?...pfeeesh too bad...go stand in line with the millions of others...and whatever you do don't BITCH you will be accused of HATING education...

oh my gawd............the jokes just keep on a coming

Republicans say government can't create jobs. That's why Republicans are obstructing. To make sure it can't. You should be happy about that. Isn't that what your kind wants?

If you look at Red state economies, I suspect those are the most common jobs among Republicans. These days, you can't get very far without an education. And Republicans think education is for snobs.

I admit to being old and cynical, but in recent years my wife and I have noted the striking number of GENUINE COLLEGE GRADUATES - some of them well into their 30's - who are doing dumbshit jobs in resort areas, and seemingly quite content with it.

While whitewater rafting in North Carolina last year: several of the tour guides were college grads, and this was their whole job and income. They talked about having to be ready for the occasional foreigner who came in during the winter months and wanted to do a little rafting. On a Segway tour the other day: four of the tour guides (no actual speaking, just leading us around the town) were "Communications" grads of the same local, reputable university, and all were quite content with this, basically, "dumb job."

We have seen this in numerous locales from Las Vegas to Mt Desert Island in Maine, to various places in Florida. College grads with good appearance, communications skills, apparently quite content to take on low-wage, low-skill jobs just to enjoy a low pressure life in a pleasant location. They often spoke of living in crowded, rented houses with other similarly-situated young adults, and generally had no complaints - other than their parents bugging them about when they intend to get a real job, grow up, get married, and so on.

I wonder if, in the back of their minds, they are thinking that they only have to hold out until Mummy and Daddy die off, leaving them with a small fortune to live the rest of their lives in modest comfort, without a care in the world. All seemed to be sort of upper middle class.

For some millennials, it seems that adolescence can last for decades.

This doesn't mean they're all living off of mom and dad. Maybe some of these young people want to enjoy life before jumping into the mundane 9 to 5 careers too soon.

well nothing like having a bunch of people with college degrees standing in the Unemployment line...with Obama Presidency, Degree or not you are in 7.4% UNEMPLOYMENT for the last FIVE YEARS...

Isn't ObamaNation just grand?

And Republican obstructionism doesn't exist.:bang3:

Remember when Republicans stopped Obamacare? Failed Stimulus? Dodd Frank? Saving Detroit?

If you look at Red state economies, I suspect those are the most common jobs among Republicans. These days, you can't get very far without an education. And Republicans think education is for snobs.

Texas is responsible for half of the "Obama" job growth, fracking in the Plains states is probably the other half. And Obama still is against Keystone and has not granted a permit to build a LNG Facility.

I admit to being old and cynical, but in recent years my wife and I have noted the striking number of GENUINE COLLEGE GRADUATES - some of them well into their 30's - who are doing dumbshit jobs in resort areas, and seemingly quite content with it.

While whitewater rafting in North Carolina last year: several of the tour guides were college grads, and this was their whole job and income. They talked about having to be ready for the occasional foreigner who came in during the winter months and wanted to do a little rafting. On a Segway tour the other day: four of the tour guides (no actual speaking, just leading us around the town) were "Communications" grads of the same local, reputable university, and all were quite content with this, basically, "dumb job."

We have seen this in numerous locales from Las Vegas to Mt Desert Island in Maine, to various places in Florida. College grads with good appearance, communications skills, apparently quite content to take on low-wage, low-skill jobs just to enjoy a low pressure life in a pleasant location. They often spoke of living in crowded, rented houses with other similarly-situated young adults, and generally had no complaints - other than their parents bugging them about when they intend to get a real job, grow up, get married, and so on.

I wonder if, in the back of their minds, they are thinking that they only have to hold out until Mummy and Daddy die off, leaving them with a small fortune to live the rest of their lives in modest comfort, without a care in the world. All seemed to be sort of upper middle class.

This doesn't mean they're all living off of mom and dad. Maybe some of these young people want to enjoy life before jumping into the mundane 9 to 5 careers too soon.

Obama and the Dems think a 30 hour work week is "Full time"

we do?

It is indeed quite sad that we need college degrees just to have a greater chance at wait tables, ring cash registers and clean bathrooms...

Actually, young adults have grown increasingly likely to live at home. This trend has increased to a 45 year high of 21 million young adults.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files/2013/07/SDT-millennials-living-with-parents-07-2013.pdf

Forum List

Back