Age Discrimination in the Media market

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
The looney tunes have a checkered past.
Early looney toons and Disney art and scripts were racist, there is no doubt about it, then they began to clean up their act, starting with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the Lion King, 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin, Air Bud, George of the Jungle, the Parent Trap...

And the modern Warner Brothers version of Looney Tunes that we remember primarily today.

Then Warner Brothers helped to make a new era of cartoon, starting with the Animaniacs... a very good cartoon, probably the best I've ever seen before and absolutely since.

Warner Brothers took the Animaniacs off the air, because the main viewers of that programming were slightly older than what they desired or expected or calculated that they would be.

I think that's age discrimination.
It also helped pave the way for the kinds of crap that teaches the kids how to get themselves into trouble.

So by taking it off the air, Warner Brothers discriminated against people 12 and 13 and up.

And you want to know exactly why the Animanics attracted that age group ? because that's what it was designed for.

Things sell to whom they attract, and not necessarily to whom the marketers would like to sell to.

And then when the media found out that viewers of cartoons were infact adults..
Then they market asshole bullshit to them too.

To me, Animation in America is a pretty disgusting industry that needs overhaul and regulation, and demands from both consumers and the government.

Forum List

Back