After Losing Second Run-Off; Georgia GOP Wants To Change Run Off Rules.....Again

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"After two high-profile runoffs in two years, four elections in 2022 alone, thousands of ads and text messages jamming Georgians' televisions, phones and radio stations, some Georgia voters are tired. At least about $400 million in campaign and outside money has been spent so far on Georgia's 2022 Senate election, per Open Secrets."

"GA SOS COO @GabrielSterling says SOS office believes "there should be a conversation" about the future of runoff elections in GA: "if we polled Georgians & they had the choice between a 9 week runoff, 4 week runoff & no runoff I have a pretty good idea where that’s going to land"

Newsflash, during the 2020 run offs, the Georgia GOP set the run off time period at 9 weeks...they lost...so the Georgia GOP shortened the run-off time period to 4 weeks in hopes it would hurt Democrats more than Republicans...they still lost...now they want to just end run-offs altogether....funny how Republicans keep changing the rules "AFTER A LOSS" over and over and over again.....and why does Georgia have run-off elections anyway? Glad you asked...The answer...racists......

"When Groover lost reelection to the Georgia House of Representatives in 1958 despite winning the majority of the white vote, data from segregated polling places in Macon revealed that Black voters contributed to the upset victory by his opponent, Kousser said. As part of the civil rights movement of the 1960s, advocates, judges, and policymakers pressed for expanded and more equitable voting rights. Fear of losing white political supremacy prompted some white state and local legislators to move strategically to protect their racial agency in politics. When Groover won his seat back in 1963, he led the charge to break up what he described as the “Negro Voting Block,” by transitioning Georgia from plurality voting, which allows the candidate with the most votes to be declared the winner, to majority voting – forcing voters to choose between the two candidates with the most votes in a separate runoff election."

And now since this run-off scam ain't working anymore; frustrated Conservatives are going back to the drawing board to think of other ways they can do what they have ALWAYS BEEN TRYING TO DO - dilute the black vote....

"After two high-profile runoffs in two years, four elections in 2022 alone, thousands of ads and text messages jamming Georgians' televisions, phones and radio stations, some Georgia voters are tired. At least about $400 million in campaign and outside money has been spent so far on Georgia's 2022 Senate election, per Open Secrets."

"GA SOS COO @GabrielSterling says SOS office believes "there should be a conversation" about the future of runoff elections in GA: "if we polled Georgians & they had the choice between a 9 week runoff, 4 week runoff & no runoff I have a pretty good idea where that’s going to land"

Newsflash, during the 2020 run offs, the Georgia GOP set the run off time period at 9 weeks...they lost...so the Georgia GOP shortened the run-off time period to 4 weeks in hopes it would hurt Democrats more than Republicans...they still lost...now they want to just end run-offs altogether....funny how Republicans keep changing the rules "AFTER A LOSS" over and over and over again.....and why does Georgia have run-off elections anyway? Glad you asked...The answer...racists......

"When Groover lost reelection to the Georgia House of Representatives in 1958 despite winning the majority of the white vote, data from segregated polling places in Macon revealed that Black voters contributed to the upset victory by his opponent, Kousser said. As part of the civil rights movement of the 1960s, advocates, judges, and policymakers pressed for expanded and more equitable voting rights. Fear of losing white political supremacy prompted some white state and local legislators to move strategically to protect their racial agency in politics. When Groover won his seat back in 1963, he led the charge to break up what he described as the “Negro Voting Block,” by transitioning Georgia from plurality voting, which allows the candidate with the most votes to be declared the winner, to majority voting – forcing voters to choose between the two candidates with the most votes in a separate runoff election."

And now since this run-off scam ain't working anymore; frustrated Conservatives are going back to the drawing board to think of other ways they can do what they have ALWAYS BEEN TRYING TO DO - dilute the black vote....
We should know who wins on election day, not one month later.

All I said is that we should know who wins on election day, not one month later.
That isn't all you are saying......that is a bitch's way of trying to say the election results are nefarious if you don't find out the same day...which is idiotic.....

On top of that, I GUARANTEE YOU that despite the Georgia results being the same day, goofy ass right-wingers will still claim its rigged...

As someone said....

"if conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism, they will abandon democracy"

and wouldn't you know, it's Republicans this week who have been bending over backwards to justify Trump saying "terminate the Constitution"

That isn't all you are saying......that is a bitch's way of trying to say the election results are nefarious if you don't find out the same day...which is idiotic.....

On top of that, I GUARANTEE YOU that despite the Georgia results being the same day, goofy ass right-wingers will still claim its rigged...

As someone said....

"if conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism, they will abandon democracy"

and wouldn't you know, it's Republicans this week who have been bending over backwards to justify Trump saying "terminate the Constitution"
LOL. You're putting words in my mouth. I never said that. I never said close to saying that. Warnock won on Nov 8th. It should have stayed that way. Not knowing election results until weeks or months later is just plain stupid. That applies for everywhere that took weeks to decide who won or not. It's ridiculous.

Let me know when the "left" changed the rules to limit access to voting after a loss...

I'll wait
i said change the rules. you went and got specific to a single of activity when we both know change is so much more than this.

let me know which states made access easier for 2020 w/o going through their own constitutional process. there's many.

i won't bother waiting.

Forum List

Back