After 8 long years of gross incompetence, conservatives left behind a cesspool..

Duration: January 3, 2001 – January 3, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senate President:

Al Gore (D)[1]
Dick Cheney (R)[1]

Senate Pres. pro tem:

Robert Byrd (D)
Strom Thurmond (R) [2]

House Speaker:

Dennis Hastert (R)

Members:

100 Senators
435 Representatives
5 Non-voting members

Senate Majority:

Democratic Party[2]
Republican Party

House Majority:

Republican Party

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sessions

1st: January 3, 2001 – December 20, 2001
2nd: January 23, 2002 – November 22, 2002

Because of the mid term elections it was the Republicans who ran the government at the time.

Quit fucking lying

Look you brain dead hack it is in the link. Your own cut and paste says Democrat AND Republican control of the Senate. On October 16 2002 the Senate was run BY the Democrats. That did not change until after a recess sometime in November AFTER Wellstone died and the Republicans took over.

Learn to read.
TM is there best and brightest. :badgrin:

The balence of power shifted to the republicans in the mid term elections.

YOU ARE LYING

Lets play your game, shall we?

Several questions for you.

1) when someone is elected in November 2002 when do they assume the Office?

2) the vote was taken on October 16 2002 BEFORE any election.

3) can you read? The link clearly shows that Wellstone died well after October 16th and that IN FACT the Democrats controlled the Senate.

Try again you fucking dumb ass.

Senate
President of the Senate: Al Gore (D), until January 20, 2001 Dick Cheney (R), from January 20, 2001

President pro tempore: Robert Byrd (D), until January 20, 2001 Strom Thurmond (R), January 20 – June 6, 2001
Robert Byrd (D), from June 6, 2001

[edit] Majority leadership
Majority Leader: Tom Daschle (D), until January 20, 2001 Trent Lott (R), January 20 – June 6, 2001
Tom Daschle (D), from June 6, 2001

Majority Whip: Harry Reid (D), until January 20, 2001 Don Nickles (R), January 20 – June 6, 2001
Harry Reid (D), from June 6, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/107th_United_States_Congress

Last edited:
who controled congress?

Why do you insist on making an idiot out of yourself by pretending I just didnt prove him wrong on the facts?

Hey your right.

My appologies.

I guess they did control it during that period of time.

Now you do remember that IS NOT what you claim as a lie of mine.

I made a mistake on reading the dates correctly for that one and am now fully admitting you were right on the fact that the senate changed hands a couple of times in the 107th congress.

Now how does that change the fact that the republicans did have complete control of the government at one point?

who controled congress?

Why do you insist on making an idiot out of yourself by pretending I just didnt prove him wrong on the facts?

He owned you on the facts and pointed out your continual double standard.

I made a mistake and fully admitt I read the dates wrong.

Now how does that change the fact that the republicans did have complete control of the government at one point.

Now when was the last time you admitted a mistake?

who controled congress?

Now how does that change the fact that the republicans did have complete control of the government at one point.

Its a start. :eusa_clap:

who controled congress?

So let me get this right.... You are NOW saying that a simple majority in the Senate gives that party COMPLETE Control of the Senate? Is that what you are saying?

who controled congress?

So I take it you'll stop your misguided rants about the Republicans being the ones wholly responsible for taking us to war? You've only been spouting that nonsense for years now.

Which is it truthmatters?

Did you lie when you said the republicans had COMPLETE control under Bush when they never had more then 56 Senators?

Or did you lie when you claimed in 2009, 2010 and 2011 that the dems did not control the Senate with 59 and 54?

You pick.

Your party had complete control of the government at one point and trying to redefine what that means doesnt get you out of that fact

Did you lie when you said the republicans had COMPLETE control under Bush when they never had more then 56 Senators?

Or did you lie when you claimed in 2009, 2010 and 2011 that the dems did not control the Senate with 59 and 54?

You pick.

Your party had complete control of the government at one point and trying to redefine what that means doesnt get you out of that fact

Point out that complete control in greater numbers then democrats just had?

Then you might gain some credibility.

So I take it you'll stop your misguided rants about the Republicans being the ones wholly responsible for taking us to war? You've only been spouting that nonsense for years now.

Go get the post where I said no dem was ever involved.

Why do you people do this?

Do you claim that we would have gone into Iraq even if Bush were not president?

You pick.

Point out that complete control in greater numbers then democrats just had?

Then you might gain some credibility.

the right controled the house , senate and presidency under Bush at one point.

Trying to say I claimed anything else is a fucking lie

Forum List

Back