African Immigrants To America Double Every Decade

Immigrants are more likely than native-born Americans to be entrepreneurs.

selfemploybyrace_zps1b676bbc.png

Yes... If you "pay" people to not work.. they are less likely to come out to the fields to work. If you refuse to "pay" people what the job is worth, they also are less likely to come out to the fields to work. But, if you have a "slave" workforce be they low paid illegals or prisoners, then yes you can get your strawberries picked for less than the minimum wage that an American would accept. Any change to the immigration laws would have to coincide with changes to our welfare system.

There is no need to have illegal aliens picking crops as there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign ag workers. Georgia farmers got caught using illegal aliens instead out of pure greed and then they whined when they got busted. Had they used those visas their crops wouldn't have rotted on the vines.

Good. Those are the ones I want to let immigrate, and if they don't become entrepreneurs, or if they end up occupying jobs that out of work Americans want but for lower wages than Americans are willing to work for... Then I want them sent back as "defective." And I mean that in a nice way. I'm all for immigration that improves our current state.

A
Good. Those are the ones I want to let immigrate, and if they don't become entrepreneurs, or if they end up occupying jobs that out of work Americans want but for lower wages than Americans are willing to work for... Then I want them sent back as "defective." And I mean that in a nice way. I'm all for immigration that improves our current state.

And illegal aliens (what this forum is actually about not legal immigrants) are not entrepreneurs they are a burden to our society and lawbreakers to boot.

the kind we are mostly getting are the illegal ones who are poor, uneducated and unskilled. Yeah we need more of them...NOT!

Today's LEGAL immigrants are much like those who came before them.
Yes but we have too many out of work.. ...

Stop voting for democrats.
I never have voted for a democrat, and I doubt I ever will.

Nor will I.

Good. Those are the ones I want to let immigrate, and if they don't become entrepreneurs, or if they end up occupying jobs that out of work Americans want but for lower wages than Americans are willing to work for... Then I want them sent back as "defective."

Where do we send you?
Born and raised here. I'm an entrepreneur. I earn and have earned a ton of money always at the top of the pay scale for my field. I pay my taxes...

Your posts here mark you as "defective." Pack your bags.

I'd think African-Americans would be the most incensed about this because these African immigrants are soaking up a lot of the affirmative action treasure that blacks believe is their birthright. From the New York Times:

While about 8 percent, or about 530, of Harvard's undergraduates were black, Lani Guinier, a Harvard law professor, and Henry Louis Gates Jr., the chairman of Harvard's African and African-American studies department, pointed out that the majority of them -- perhaps as many as two-thirds -- were West Indian and African immigrants or their children, or to a lesser extent, children of biracial couples.
That article is 10 years old. The process has likely not reversed. So the immigrant arrives here and as soon as he steps off the plane he has privileges due to his race that whites don't have and, as evidence shows, uses those privileges more effectively than American born blacks. What is happening is the importation of a black elite class - these African immigrants (Obama) will rule over the American descendants of slaves. African Americans just can't catch a break. Affirmative Action was initially intended to help them get ahead, not immigrant blacks who never suffered under Jim Crow and who voluntarily chose to come to the US.

If we (republicans) could communicate this to those who are in the middle income bracket, then I think we could at least sway a small percentage of the African American vote - on immigration policy because I tried to communicate this to a black man that I know and he thought I was initially being racist - but like I told him: hey the mexicans that cross the border, the arabs that cross the border they are taking away from YOU too. The problem is - no one seems to want to convey the above diplomatically as you presented it. And I sure as heck am not going to ever run for office.

the kind we are mostly getting are the illegal ones who are poor, uneducated and unskilled. Yeah we need more of them...NOT!

Bullshit. Those who came before them arrived at a time when there was no social welfare to put a net under them. It was entirely a sink or swim operation. The number of immigrants returning to their homeland was, in some groups, up to 30%. That's not happenng today. An African immigrant family who gets off the plane today qualify for all sorts of social welfare benefits and the parents and kids qualify for special privileges in business, hiring and university admissions that my kids don't get. Fresh off the plane and already they have privileges that American citizens don't get.

And if you think about it - they outsourced our factory jobs/manager jobs. My father was a manager of a car plant - they forced him into early retirement. Now, they are outsourcing tech jobs to Indians and Africans - my son told me this when he applied for a job last year. He finally got one, and is out the house. But they are hiring them for start ups at a cheaper salary base. So outsourcing really has never stopped.

He said 60% of his coworkers are Indians, and from what he described about 15% African. The senior managers are from here (according to him) but then as he stated they can easily get bought out if they decide to sell the company or if a venture capitalists buys the startup.

So what am I rambling about? If you really look at it, our immigration policy should be like Denmarks point system. It is controversial but it gets the job done. I also think that we should do how Japan has done and pay for some of our immigrants to return to their respective home countries. Where do we get the money? (I know this probably wont fly but.) The same place that we get the foreign aid from.

Strict Demnark laws have saved $ Putting a Price on Foreigners Strict Immigration Laws Save Denmark Billions - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Last edited:
Them's the breaks.

Immigration isn't like the seasons, a force of nature which we can't do anything about. If blacks don't like being shunted aside, then they should work to stop immigration. The black community is bearing the worst brunt and they're getting it from two directions. The best of America's blacks are being out-competed by immigrants from Africa and the most hard hit are being out-competed by Mexican peasants in the no-skill labor market.

Then again, if they don't give a damn, fine, but then they should STFU about the plight of their community. The first step to improvement is to take action yourself.

Exactly! But far too many blacks are in lock step with the Democrats that are encouraging illegal immigration and promising amnesty even if it means their own demise.

We have to word it better. I think that if we can convey to them that they are included too - they would actually agree. They might not vote for our party but they can vote for our policy if they are elected in their districts. I have resigned to the fact that I am not going to convince them to join our party. Let's face it - we do have some people that just hate black people and that's fine. I happen to believe that some aspects of their culture sucks (and I am called racist on this - I dont care) but I dont believe that they are inherently idiotic like some of my political peers. That's just my opinion. AND, I dont expect to change my peers either. But I do think that if we went back to crafting policies that are palatable such as a sophisticated immigration bill, something we could all agree on - they would be ok with it.

The issue is this: alleviating their fears that we are excluding anyone because they will be hypersensitive to any aspects of the appearance of racism, even if it is not real should be our main focus.

So what do I discuss with them or Mexicans that agree that everyone should earn their right to live in the US? I discuss policy. How is immigration impacting you in the long run? It works for me. But they might just be agreeing with me after awhile to shut me up! lol. Privately pitching bills to groups so their constituents arent alarmed - is probably the best bet.

And if you think about it - they outsourced our factory jobs/manager jobs. My father was a manager of a car plant. Now, they are outsourcing tech jobs to Indians and Africans - my son told me this when he applied for a job last year. He finally got one, and is out the house. But they are hiring them for start ups at a cheaper salary base. So outsourcing really has never stopped.

He said 60% of his coworkers are Indians, and from what he described about 15% African. The senior managers are here but then as he stated they can easily get bought out if they decide to sell the company or if a venture capitalists buys the startup.

So what am I rambling about? If you really look at it, our immigration policy should be like Denmarks point system. It is controversial but it gets the job done. I also think that we should do how Japan has done and pay for some of our immigrants to return home. Where do we get the money? (I know this probably wont fly but.) The same place that we get the foreign aid from.

We don't need immigration. It's utter stupidity to be importing 1 million people per year at a time of record joblessness.

Paying for them to go home would be cheaper than paying them annual subsidies to live here.

Bullshit. Those who came before them arrived at a time when there was no social welfare to put a net under them. It was entirely a sink or swim operation. The number of immigrants returning to their homeland was, in some groups, up to 30%. That's not happenng today. An African immigrant family who gets off the plane today qualify for all sorts of social welfare benefits and the parents and kids qualify for special privileges in business, hiring and university admissions that my kids don't get. Fresh off the plane and already they have privileges that American citizens don't get.
And if you think about it - they outsourced our factory jobs/manager jobs. My father was a manager of a car plant. Now, they are outsourcing tech jobs to Indians and Africans - my son told me this when he applied for a job last year. He finally got one, and is out the house. But they are hiring them for start ups at a cheaper salary base. So outsourcing really has never stopped.

He said 60% of his coworkers are Indians, and from what he described about 15% African. The senior managers are here but then as he stated they can easily get bought out if they decide to sell the company or if a venture capitalists buys the startup.

So what am I rambling about? If you really look at it, our immigration policy should be like Denmarks point system. It is controversial but it gets the job done. I also think that we should do how Japan has done and pay for some of our immigrants to return home. Where do we get the money? (I know this probably wont fly but.) The same place that we get the foreign aid from.

We don't need immigration. It's utter stupidity to be importing 1 million people per year at a time of record joblessness.

Paying for them to go home would be cheaper than paying them annual subsidies to live here.

I agree. I was trying to think of one other country that does this, I believe Australia pays for their immigrants to return home. I think. But I know for sure that Japan paid for Brazilian workers to return.

And you correct me if I am wrong: Britain had an immigration problem (still do sorta) and they have clamped down so much that it is a beast to get into their country now from what I hear (rumors only).

I also look at this ebola crisis as an immigration crisis.

The issue is this: alleviating their fears that we are excluding anyone because they will be hypersensitive to any aspects of the appearance of racism, even if it is not real should be our main focus.

So what do I discuss with them or Mexicans that agree that everyone should earn their right to live in the US? I discuss policy. How is immigration impacting you in the long run? It works for me. But they might just be agreeing with me after awhile to shut me up! lol. Privately pitching bills to groups so their constituents arent alarmed - is probably the best bet.

To blacks who are your friends, highlight the racism of their white Democrat leadership class. Point them to this:

Miserly Republicans, Unprincipled Democrats

Are Republicans stingy but principled while Democrats are generous but racist?

"I wouldn't put it quite so starkly," said Stanford University professor Shanto Iyengar. He would prefer to call Democrats "less principled" rather than bigoted, based on his analysis of data collected in a recent online experiment that he conducted with The Washington Post and washingtonpost.com.

As reported in this column a few weeks ago, the study found that people were less likely to give extended aid to black Hurricane Katrina victims than to white ones. The race penalty, on average, totaled about $1,000 per black victim.​

As Iyengar and his colleagues subsequently dug deeper into these data, another finding emerged: Republicans consistently gave less aid, and gave over a shorter period of time, to victims regardless of race.

Democrats and independents were far more generous; on average, they gave Katrina victims on average more than $1,500 a month, compared with $1,200 for Republicans, and for 13 months instead of nine.​

But for Democrats, race mattered -- and in a disturbing way. Overall, Democrats were willing to give whites about $1,500 more than they chose to give to a black or other minority. (Even with this race penalty, Democrats still were willing to give more to blacks than those principled Republicans.) "Republicans are likely to be more stringent, both in terms of money and time, Iyengar said. "However, their position is 'principled' in the sense that it stems from a strong belief in individualism (as opposed to handouts). Thus their responses to the assistance questions are relatively invariant across the different media conditions. Independents and Democrats, on the other hand, are more likely to be affected by racial cues."

To test the effects of race, participants in the study were asked to read a news article about Katrina victims. Some read a story featuring a white person. Some read identical stories -- except the victim was black, Asian or Hispanic. Then they were asked how much assistance they think the government should give to help hurricane victims. Approximately 2,300 people participated in the study.

Iyengar said he's not surprised by the latest findings: "This pattern of results matches perfectly an earlier study I did on race and crime" with Franklin D. Gilliam Jr. of UCLA. "Republicans supported tough treatment of criminals no matter what they encountered in the news. Others were more elastic in their position, coming to support more harsh measures when the criminal suspect they encountered was non-white."
Republicans are fair-minded and race blind and they're stingy with government money because they see it as THEIR MONEY. Democrats are racist and generous because they see government money as someone else's money.

Highlight white liberal guilt. They're importing a Hispanic servant class so that white liberals don't feel guilty about having a black gardener or black roofer or a black housekeeper, they much prefer to have Hispanics doing that work and for the white liberals, out of sight out of mind, and they don't have to deal with blacks.

Republicans are actually more race-blind and don't deal with the neuroses of liberals so they have no problem with giving jobs to blacks, so long as they are competitive.

White liberals believe that importing Hispanics actually replaces blacks rather than displaces them. The simple truth here is that Republicans believe we owe a greater loyalty to American citizens than to foreigners and blacks are American citizens.

Ask your black friends these five questions. 1.) Blacks used to be the 2nd group behind whites in terms of national interests, now Democrats have made them 3rd behind Hispanics. How is that in the best interests of blacks? 2.) What do blacks gain by importing millions upon millions of Mexican peasants? 3.) What do blacks gain by importing African immigrants who now take up the majority of Affirmative Action positions in universities? The opportunities meant for them and their children are being taken up by African immigrants.They're importing an elite class to rule over them. 4.) How much has Obama done for done for American blacks? He's one of the African blacks who wasn't raised in African American culture. 5.) Why are they supporting immigration, what good is ANY of it doing for them?

For your Hispanic friends, it's pretty simple. 1.) As an American do you owe more loyalty to a fellow American or to a person from your native country? 2.) If you favor importing more immigrants, how do you think that flooding the labor market helps you earn more money?

Blacks have gotten the shittiest deal of all groups from immigration. Blacks made their biggest income gains during the period when we had no immigration, from the '20s to the 70s, and not after the Civil Rights Act was passed and the immigration pipeline was opened the following year. All their gains stopped dead.

Good. Those are the ones I want to let immigrate, and if they don't become entrepreneurs, or if they end up occupying jobs that out of work Americans want but for lower wages than Americans are willing to work for... Then I want them sent back as "defective."

Where do we send you?
Born and raised here. I'm an entrepreneur. I earn and have earned a ton of money always at the top of the pay scale for my field. I pay my taxes...

Your posts here mark you as "defective." Pack your bags.
I see, so you define defective as superior. You must be a democrat.

To blacks who are your friends, highlight the racism of their white Democrat leadership class. Point them to this:

Miserly Republicans, Unprincipled Democrats

Are Republicans stingy but principled while Democrats are generous but racist?

"I wouldn't put it quite so starkly," said Stanford University professor Shanto Iyengar. He would prefer to call Democrats "less principled" rather than bigoted, based on his analysis of data collected in a recent online experiment that he conducted with The Washington Post and washingtonpost.com.

As reported in this column a few weeks ago, the study found that people were less likely to give extended aid to black Hurricane Katrina victims than to white ones. The race penalty, on average, totaled about $1,000 per black victim.​

As Iyengar and his colleagues subsequently dug deeper into these data, another finding emerged: Republicans consistently gave less aid, and gave over a shorter period of time, to victims regardless of race.

Democrats and independents were far more generous; on average, they gave Katrina victims on average more than $1,500 a month, compared with $1,200 for Republicans, and for 13 months instead of nine.​

But for Democrats, race mattered -- and in a disturbing way. Overall, Democrats were willing to give whites about $1,500 more than they chose to give to a black or other minority. (Even with this race penalty, Democrats still were willing to give more to blacks than those principled Republicans.) "Republicans are likely to be more stringent, both in terms of money and time, Iyengar said. "However, their position is 'principled' in the sense that it stems from a strong belief in individualism (as opposed to handouts). Thus their responses to the assistance questions are relatively invariant across the different media conditions. Independents and Democrats, on the other hand, are more likely to be affected by racial cues."

To test the effects of race, participants in the study were asked to read a news article about Katrina victims. Some read a story featuring a white person. Some read identical stories -- except the victim was black, Asian or Hispanic. Then they were asked how much assistance they think the government should give to help hurricane victims. Approximately 2,300 people participated in the study.

Iyengar said he's not surprised by the latest findings: "This pattern of results matches perfectly an earlier study I did on race and crime" with Franklin D. Gilliam Jr. of UCLA. "Republicans supported tough treatment of criminals no matter what they encountered in the news. Others were more elastic in their position, coming to support more harsh measures when the criminal suspect they encountered was non-white."
Republicans are fair-minded and race blind and they're stingy with government money because they see it as THEIR MONEY. Democrats are racist and generous because they see government money as someone else's money.

Highlight white liberal guilt. They're importing a Hispanic servant class so that white liberals don't feel guilty about having a black gardener or black roofer or a black housekeeper, they much prefer to have Hispanics doing that work and for the white liberals, out of sight out of mind, and they don't have to deal with blacks.

Republicans are actually more race-blind and don't deal with the neuroses of liberals so they have no problem with giving jobs to blacks, so long as they are competitive.

White liberals believe that importing Hispanics actually replaces blacks rather than displaces them. The simple truth here is that Republicans believe we owe a greater loyalty to American citizens than to foreigners and blacks are American citizens.

Ask your black friends these five questions. 1.) Blacks used to be the 2nd group behind whites in terms of national interests, now Democrats have made them 3rd behind Hispanics. How is that in the best interests of blacks? 2.) What do blacks gain by importing millions upon millions of Mexican peasants? 3.) What do blacks gain by importing African immigrants who now take up the majority of Affirmative Action positions in universities? The opportunities meant for them and their children are being taken up by African immigrants.They're importing an elite class to rule over them. 4.) How much has Obama done for done for American blacks? He's one of the African blacks who wasn't raised in African American culture. 5.) Why are they supporting immigration, what good is ANY of it doing for them?

For your Hispanic friends, it's pretty simple. 1.) As an American do you owe more loyalty to a fellow American or to a person from your native country? 2.) If you favor importing more immigrants, how do you think that flooding the labor market helps you earn more money?

Blacks have gotten the shittiest deal of all groups from immigration. Blacks made their biggest income gains during the period when we had no immigration, from the '20s to the 70s, and not after the Civil Rights Act was passed and the immigration pipeline was opened the following year. All their gains stopped dead.

I am going to use this verbatim, if you dont mind. This is articulated with absolute facts! And thats important! I was trying to explain it the way that you did but I never had the years down - brilliant assessment! I must say it again: absolutely brilliant!

Close the gates to everyone and I mean everyone!

Only if you're on the outside of them, worthless.

My beliefs fall inline with what we practiced prior to 1970. They built this country. \Your beliefs are tearing down not just this country but every country that does what YOU say is right. You run on emotion, not fact uncle terrie.

Forum List

Back