Afghans Vow Vengeance...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I would say 'The Longest War' is now over. This is bad. Real bad.

Afghans vow vengeance for soldier's killing spree.

Nine children among 16 dead after US serviceman attacks villagers

article-2113410-121F049B000005DC-923_634x475.jpg

Distraught and furious Afghans vowed vengeance yesterday after a US soldier apparently walked from a Nato base into the homes of civilians, turning his weapon on the families inside and killing 16 people, nine of them children.

The Afghan Ministry of Interior has urged people to show restraint until investigators have completed their inquiry, but concerns are mounting that the incident will re-ignite violent protests that swept Afghanistan last month after US servicemen burnt copies of the Koran at Bagram Air Base, north of Kabul.

Nazim Shah returned to his home in Panjwai district from a trip to Kandahar to find his entire family killed. Sobbing into the phone, he told The Independent: "All my family is dead ... We will get revenge on those who killed my family. We won't let this rest easily." The attack comes at a crucial time, as President Hamid Karzai and US officials, under strained relations, negotiate a future role for foreign forces after Nato troops hand over security to Afghan forces in 2014.

Witnesses and officials gave differing accounts of yesterday's events, but it appears that the soldier, as yet unnamed, left the joint US-Afghan Zangebad base at about 3am. He walked to the villages of Balandi and Alkozai, about a kilometre away, and began the killings which left nine children, three women and four men dead. Five more were wounded.

"The US soldier attacked three different houses, killing 11 people in the first house, four in the second house and one in the third house," said Mahammad, a tribal elder in Panjwai. "The 11 people who were first shot dead were brought together in one home and the soldier put pillows, sticks and blankets on them and burnt them." Photographs of the victims showed burn injuries.

Read More:
Afghans vow vengeance for soldier's killing spree - Asia - World - The Independent
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

The beginning of the end.

Yeah, definitely. They're already working on a deal that will hand half the country over to the Taliban anyway. The big sell-out has been well underway for awhile. And this awful debacle only seals the deal. Not one more Soldier should die over there. They would be dying for nothing.

I suppose the Nazi's in charge will make the meathead take an anger management class.
He'll make a fine police officer to keep you idiots in line !

I suppose the Nazi's in charge will make the meathead take an anger management class.

A job in homeland security or the RNC is waiting for the guy.
Or he may get religion and become a televangelist.

Just another example of how a "dignified war" has never or will never do anything.
We have forgotten what war is. We have tried to redefine war as sending troops over, build some bases and run around and see if we can find trouble. This isn't war.

Hitler had overwhelming support of the German people for years. What turned the people against Hitler was the realization that his antics was going to destroy the country, To this day - the vast majority of German people still hate Hitler.
Same with the Afghan people. The only way to win a war there is to inflict overwhelming pain on the average citizen to where they are begging for it to stop.
This is war.
My sentiments have been consistent. War is the last result. War should only be used in absolute dire circumstances. But when that choice is made - it must be brutal, unforgiving and complete destruction.
Anything else is just a military exercise with a tremendous cost and no results.

I hear ya on your point, but this guy is going away for a very very long time. But yes, there is no doubt our Police Force is being Militarized. Different topic for a different day though.

The beginning of the end.

Yeah, definitely. They're already working on a deal that will hand half the country over to the Taliban anyway. The big sell-out has been well underway for awhile. And this awful debacle only seals the deal. Not one more Soldier should die over there. They would be dying for nothing.

hmm, giving control of Afghanistan back to Afghanistan people?

:rofl:
what a sell out!!!

Forum List

Back