Afghan teacher shot dead after condemning suicide bombings as un-Islamic

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
A teacher was shot to death in northern Afghanistan after he gave a speech condemning suicide bombings, it was revealed today.

Abdul Hadi claimed the attacks were un-Islamic and un-Afghan during a speech yesterday in the Archi district of Kunduz province.

He spoke at a gathering of about 700 people, including the Kunduz governor, and was on his way home when he was killed, Khair Mohammad Subat said.

Kunduz police chief General Mohammad Ayub Salangi said police were investigating and that no arrests have been made so far.

In January, Education Minister Mohammad Hanif Atmar said the number of students and teachers killed in Taliban attacks spiked in the past year in a campaign to close schools and force teenage boys to join the Islamic militia.

According to UNICEF, there were 236 school-related attacks last year.

In central Logar province, meanwhile, education department director Kamaluddin Zadran said three girls schools have been set ablaze in the past three weeks.

Girls were barred from schools under the Taliban regime.

After the Taliban fell in 2001, girls were allowed to return to attend, but many conservative and uneducated Afghans still forbid their girls from going.

Arsonists regularly attack girls schools. Last year, gunmen killed two students walking outside a girls school in Logar.

Education Ministry statistics indicate only 35 per cent of students enrolled are girls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...in_article_id=566439&in_page_id=1811&ito=1490

Keep em barefooted and pregnant, boys!! This has nothing to do with religion. It's the mentality of a bunch of sexually infantile primitives.

Foaming at the mouth leftwingnuts are far more apt to resort to violence than conservatives.

You need to work on those blinders a bit.:eusa_eh:

You mean like the ones who bomb Planned Parenthood clinics and shoot doctors?

You mean like the ones who bomb Planned Parenthood clinics and shoot doctors?

No, like ELF, that burns down real people's houses or the more mild mannered PETA, that throws blood on furs and posts as vile as pics as the most fervent pro-lifers, or GreenPeace that attacks ships at sea.

Foaming at the mouth leftwingnuts are far more apt to resort to violence than conservatives.

Really, Data please.

These folks who did this are not liberals. I would suspect they are very conservative religious nuts.

Really, Data please.

These folks who did this are not liberals. I would suspect they are very conservative religious nuts.

I think you are taking what a religion based in another culture and atempting to twist it into a comparison of conservatives in the US. Don't have ANY idea why I might think THAT ... you being so impartial and all ...:rolleyes:

Islam is about the dictionary definition of conservative. It's about as relevant to those in the US who call themselves conservatives, as your partisan comment is the topic of the thread.

Chew on THAT for awhile and get back to me.;)

Really, Data please.

Oh, and which data would you like? Vietnam War? The 1968 Dem Convention in Chicago? How about that dolt Blanco's sister threatening to punch Bush in the head if he criticised Blanco for being a lame fuck about Katrina?

What is it that you are looking for? Like anti-violence protestors resorting to violence to make their point?

GMAFB. I don't have to explain the obvious. Y'all are fucking hypocrites. Anything else I can help you with?

You want to try to paint all conservatives as extremists, knock yourself out. It's a two-way street. I can define all liberals by the extremists just as you do. And I bet you think you're an original.

a personal opinion and observation:

we often are quick to judge other countries for the explosive reactions to counter ideas, however, this country sits on a precipice and is poised for a revolution. i can say that the hate talk is coming from the left, which i believe it is, but then the left can counter hate talk from the right.

words are not bullets so long as they stay words. hatred is powerful.

I can show passages in the Koran that condemn this.

Christians have killed doctors that provide abortions because they think that their Bible / God condone it.

Can you show passages of the Koran that back such? How does one reconcile?

Why is the right always ashamed of the fact that it's good at violence? Not that the left isn't, but the right is better. The right-wingers will beat you to a pulp. Shouldn't that be a point of pride? Instead they get offended when the left calls them brutes. They should just say "yeah" and blow their ninny heads off.

No, like ELF, that burns down real people's houses or the more mild mannered PETA, that throws blood on furs and posts as vile as pics as the most fervent pro-lifers, or GreenPeace that attacks ships at sea.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight... but not like the lunatics who kill doctors and bomb clinics. And not like that good Christian Timothy McVeigh who blew up a federal building or the good christians who thought giving 13 year old girls to old men to rape was acceptable, or the sick sob's who throw jars with fetuses at people, right?

Of course not.

Okie dokie...

I think the point was you don't define a group by it's lunatics.

I can show passages in the Koran that condemn this.

Christians have killed doctors that provide abortions because they think that their Bible / God condone it.

How many? Last I checked there has been no great slaughter of doctors. And the people that do attack or kill doctors in this country get ARRESTED, CONVICTED and sent to jail. Remind me how well that is going in Afghanistan or any Muslim nation.

I wonder why several posters in this thread are holding up as representatives of Islam the extremists who killed the Muslim teacher instead of the teacher and all those who helped build the schools?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight... but not like the lunatics who kill doctors and bomb clinics. And not like that good Christian Timothy McVeigh who blew up a federal building or the good christians who thought giving 13 year old girls to old men to rape was acceptable, or the sick sob's who throw jars with fetuses at people, right?

Of course not.

Okie dokie...

I think the point was you don't define a group by it's lunatics.

Oh fucking puh-lease. Which of the 3-4 abortion clinic bombers in the past 20 years would you be referring to? :rolleyes:

And of course it doesn't matter that McVeigh was motivated by anti-US government sentiment and struck back at the US for what happened to the Branch Dividians in Waco. Oh Hell no. It only matters that he was a Christian.:cuckoo:

GMAFB.

Oh fucking puh-lease. Which of the 3-4 abortion clinic bombers in the past 20 years would you be referring to? :rolleyes:

And of course it doesn't matter that McVeigh was motivated by anti-US government sentiment and struck back at the US for what happened to the Branch Dividians in Waco. Oh Hell no. It only matters that he was a Christian.:cuckoo:

GMAFB.

The difference is only in numbers and days.

Forum List

Back