Adults Only...

What time should a 17 year old girl be home?

• 9 pm

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 10 pm

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • 11 pm

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • 12 pm

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fuzzykitten99 said:
so you must be one of those dads that pull your daugher's date aside and tell him that if he gets any ideas about hugging, kissing, and such, you have no problem going back to prison. You have a .45 and a shovel, and doubt anyone would miss him....?

my husband wants to have a daughter just so he can say that stuff to her date... :rolleyes:
I understand this is probably a joke.

But seriously, my parents were always friendly and unthreatening with their childrens' dates. You really would agree that is the best attitude to assume, wouldn't you?

Merlin1047 said:
Be home? The question should be "Should a 17 year old girl be allowed out of the house unless daddy is riding shotgun?"

Good answer! :clap:

USViking said:
I understand this is probably a joke.

But seriously, my parents were always friendly and unthreatening with their childrens' dates. You really would agree that is the best attitude to assume, wouldn't you?

As a former 17 year old and now the parent of one nearing that age, I would have to say....

NO.

:bat:

Pale Rider said:
all I can say is I'm glad I don't have a daughter. That one would stress me.

Yes. it IS stressful.

Now the world knows why I am a bitch more than 3/4 of the time.
I have a teen age daughter

Im sure you would. How old are you hon? How about your kids?
I remember a time I would have agreed with you.
It sucks that things change :(

actually, until the kid is 16, they cannot work past 7pm then after that, they can work as late as they want or the parents allow. at least in this state.

In this state (at least when *I* was in high school), kids could not work past 8:00 on a school night, and couldn't work more than 20 hours a week. Curfew was also 11:00pm for anyone under 18.

If I wasn't standing in my driveway at 10:25pm, I'd damn well better call home, and even then I had exactly 5 minutes to get there, or my ass was grass. No room for negotiation.

MyName said:
Im sure you would. How old are you hon? How about your kids?
I remember a time I would have agreed with you.
It sucks that things change :(
Go back and read my post again, and think about it some more.

All I said was that parents should be friendly and unthreatening,
and I will stand by that regardless of my age, the age of anyone's children, and the changing times, and I will always feel sorry for people who cannot go along with something so obvious, and so simple.

USViking said:
Go back and read my post again, and think about it some more.

All I said was that parents should be friendly and unthreatening,
and I will stand by that regardless of my age, the age of anyone's children, and the changing times, and I will always feel sorry for people who cannot go along with something so obvious, and so simple.

Fair enough :)

excuse my sounding flip and whatnot in the previous posts.
Im finding out how NOT fun it is to have to be parent when the teenage girl doesnt respond to friendly and understanding and so forth.

Growing up......Its not easy on either side of the fence

MyName said:
Fair enough :)

excuse my sounding flip and whatnot in the previous posts.
Im finding out how NOT fun it is to have to be parent when the teenage girl doesnt respond to friendly and understanding and so forth.

Growing up......Its not easy on either side of the fence

They all want mommy and daddy to be their "buddy" till the shit hits the fan. Then they start screaming "why didn't you TELL me?"

Merlin1047 said:
They all want mommy and daddy to be their "buddy" till the shit hits the fan. Then they start screaming "why didn't you TELL me?"

heh - true so very true

Forum List

Back