Adrenaline

For me, it was never about times I went looking for that rush, it was life smacking me in the face, hard.

I have gotten many phone calls telling me bad news.
Once my son was roller blading and he would fly on those skates and he would jump curbs, and one time, he missed and fell...landing on his face. It broke his jaw and busted his face something awful. I was at work and my older son called me and told me that my youngest son was bleeding from his mouth and I needed to hurry home. I was terrified.

Then one late evening, I had a visit from some police officers, telling me that my daughter had been kidnapped, by her boyfriend who was in jail- but he escaped and he went and grabbed her and they were on the run. The police came to me asking me for a photograph to distribute to surrounding counties. Her boyfriend said he would not be taken alive, again, I was terrified.

I actually have too many stories like this, so I'm leaving it at that.
I have been on roller coasters, and I don't like them. And I sometimes like taking risks, I've done some risky scary ass things.
But nothing is scarier than when a parent receives the news that there is something wrong with one of their children.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back