Adrenaline

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
What have you done/experienced that's jacked up your adrenaline?

My partial list includes,

In a car that rolled
Staring down the victim end of a gun
Skydiving
7.1 earthquake scant miles from the epicenter
Accidentally stirring up a wasp nest
Fist fight with a guy 100 lbs larger than me and he wasn't fat
Flipped boat (swimming) in a class 5 whitewater rapid
20 feet from a wild grizzly bear in the Sierra Nevada's
Angry lesbian with a knife coming after me in a bar
Facing down a home invader breaking into my house
Near drowning while body surfing
Accidentally ending up in communist Czechoslovakia during the height of the cold war
Loop the loop in a biplane
Hotel fire in the middle of the night
3 cops pointing guns at me in mistaken identity
Stepping on a rattlesnake
Lightening strike less than 30 feet from me

Damn, you should write a book. Can we hear more about the angry lesbian??:lol:

I was young and dumb.
I accidentally ended up in a gay bar and being young and dumb, I sorta started some trouble. The angry lesbian with a knife gave me a new appreciation for keeping ones mouth shut.

Climbing has always done it for me.

Double M, you've led one adrenaline filled life.

I landed a Piper Cherokee in one ferocious crosswind at JAX.
Thought I was gonna die.
Come to think of it, that whole trip was full of hair-raising feats LOL.

Driving through a blinding snowstorm, I passed a car coming from the opposite direction and realized we were each mistakenly in the wrong lane.

Been close to hit by lightning as well. When you can feel the charge and get knocked off your feet, you're too close. Faced down a mugger with a knife. Poor dumb SOB brought a knife to a gun fight. He's probably still beating feet.
I've done the mistaken identity thing too. No apology and they didn't even hold traffic while I picked up the stuff from my car they tossed in the street, looking for the loot from the bank I hadn't just robbed. The home invader thing got the juices flowing too.

Double M, you've led one adrenaline filled life.
Much of it by accident.

I landed a Piper Cherokee in one ferocious crosswind at JAX.
Thought I was gonna die.
Come to think of it, that whole trip was full of hair-raising feats LOL.
I would think anytime behind the controls of a small airplane is potential adrenaline.

Driving through a blinding snowstorm, I passed a car coming from the opposite direction and realized we were each mistakenly in the wrong lane.
Good thing you were both in the wrong lane at the same time.

Been close to hit by lightning as well. When you can feel the charge and get knocked off your feet, you're too close.
Yep, I felt electrocuted and got knocked to the ground also. Loud enough to mess with my hearing for a few hours.

Faced down a mugger with a knife. Poor dumb SOB brought a knife to a gun fight. He's probably still beating feet.
I've done the mistaken identity thing too. No apology and they didn't even hold traffic while I picked up the stuff from my car they tossed in the street, looking for the loot from the bank I hadn't just robbed. The home invader thing got the juices flowing too.
Mine was after my house had already been robbed the day before and my guns were stolen. I didn't know if the bastard was packing heat he'd already stolen from me.

I saved my brother from being hit by a speeding car... I had a premonition and caught my sister when she fell out of her "booster" feeding seat, however the largest adrenaline rush I have ever had was when my little bro was choking on a penny... He lived and is alive and well today (21) but when he was choking I was so scared.....

Being the oldest sucks......but it can save lives.

I get an adrenaline rush when my nieces and nephews cough wrong when they're eating.

The worst was being in a gunfight with bandits in Morocco, that was pretty hairy. The Pakistani attacking me in Darra was interesting as well. Jumping out of airplanes will do it for me every time as will a good climb (I'm with you there Ropey!) and I was vectored in after a 747 at LAX once, there was a crosswind that kept the wingtip vortex over the center of the runway, I was passing through 50 feet when the Cherokee I was piloting was upside down all of a sudden:eek: That wasn't too fun!

The slow motion car flying over your head and crashing thing was pretty good
I love earthquakes
Lightning about 20 feet away.... i was very young and felt more scared then pumped
Moving an 8 foot wedding cake across the room.
Roller coasters.
Gambling on being right...in finals. Knowing your unknowns in microbiology without the benefits of testing...and not having to prove them... or taking an F for guessing.

Been close to hit by lightning as well. When you can feel the charge and get knocked off your feet, you're too close.
Yep, I felt electrocuted and got knocked to the ground also. Loud enough to mess with my hearing for a few hours.

Faced down a mugger with a knife. Poor dumb SOB brought a knife to a gun fight. He's probably still beating feet.
Mine was after my house had already been robbed the day before and my guns were stolen. I didn't know if the bastard was packing heat he'd already stolen from me.

Mine was a guy that was breaking down the door to rape my wife. I came in the back door as he was splintering the front. I loaded a shot gun and told him that if he came through the door, he would die. Suddenly Patty wasn't quite as attractive to him.

Bar none, the wildest thing I ever did that got the adrenaline flowing was rides in fighter jets. I road in an F-4D at Nellis AFB, and got two rides in an F-16B, once at Nellis and once at MacDill AFB. If you don't PUKE, there's nothing else in the world like it, aside from maybe a ride in the space shuttle.

we lost our son when he was about 3 .....i will never forget the feeling when my husband told me he was going to look downstream.....i just stood in the yard and screamed...nor will i ever forget the feeling of joy when two men came down the road and said they found my son but my doberman was not letting anyone neAR my son....seems son and dog had gone for a walk...

when a man was trying to break into my house....my husband was gone...the man was beating on the doors and trying the windows....i hide my son in my walk in closet...told him we were playing e.t. and no matter what happened or what he heard it was just a movie...and he was to stay till i came back to get him.....i loaded both shotguns and sat on the bed...if the bedroom door opened....i was opening fire....luckily the doors and windows held...this was before you had cellphones or phone in ever room...

jumping off a 30 ft waterfall and not being able to swim

husband and i were at lake james...rented a little paddle thing....you know you paddle around the lake its mainly for kids and all...but it was a off season time and we were just messing around.....when i saw a speed boat a good ways a way....but for some reason i knew....i told my husband to start paddling ...he was making fun of me...and just kinda sunning himself like a lazy bitch....i was paddling as hard as i could....he was still making fun of me....i dont know it if was my voice or what...but i was screaming paddle.....i could see the boat getting closer.....he starts paddling to shut me up......and suddenly the boat driver sees us and slams away from us with a massive rooster and wake....the look on the drivers face told the tale...he didnt see us to the last minute....i saved our lives.....which i toss up on occasion

when i flipped the 4 wheeler end over end.....going up hill.....it began to go backwards and i gassed the hell out of it....it flipped...my husband who was on the back.....had the ..hell i dont know..survival instinct to put his feet on the running boards and kick the thing over us....

any time they call and tell me my son is at the er or on the way to the er...same with hubby and mom..

i am really not a risk taker...live tosses enough adrenaline rushes at me....i dont have to go looking for them...

I've never had an adrenaline rush about myself except for anxiety...

It's always been other people..

For example, my bother I and my ex when I was younger went to a former friends house 10-11 years ago (I was 20 or so) in gang haven in Chicago.... There was a drive by right across from us and we were just sitting in a car and my adrenaline spiked... I remember pulling my at the time girlfriend down and my brother while creating some sort of a shield....

I suppose I did have an adrenaline rush on a butterscotch candy I choked on when I was in the 3rd grade... I started running around the classroom and I was the "class clown" er funny guy at the time so everyone thought I was playing a prank but my teacher knew something wasn't right so she gave me the Heimlich Maneuver and that candy shot 12 feet out of my throat...... I've not had a butterscotch candy since.. I used to love them before that event....

I've nearly died about 10 times - it kinda makes you wonder...

Forum List

Back