Sex
Drugs
Rock & Roll
Food
Internet
Alcohol
Gambling
The list goes on and on .....

I was recently away on holiday, relaxing with family and friends. One of my family members who came to stay with us a three days, commented multiple times about how much she missed Facebook and couldn't wait to get back to civilization and her computer. Another family member of mine who was away on her third day of vacation with her family, rang my cell phone. During our brief conversation, she informed me that she couldn't wait to get back to her computer and her contacts. It was my impression that she enjoys spending more time with anonymous online friends, than she does her real family. What is clear, is that both are suffering with different degrees of internet addiction.

What about you?
Do you have any addictions? Any you care to admit?

My cell. I panic if it's more than arms length. :redface:

The cell phone is a biggie for me too. Since the business has been mothballed, at least for awhile, I don't use it nearly as much as I used to, but I am extremely uncomfortable if I forget to charge it and the battery is down or I leave it at home.

I used to get addicted to TV games like Nintendo and computer games and would play them for hours, into the wee hours of the morning. I've sort of gotten a handle on that.

I don't know if I'm addicted to coffee and do without on mornings I just don't have time, but if it's there, I'm going to drink a lot of it.

Managed to quit smoking after being a heavy smoker for a lot of years.

I knew I was getting into trouble with alcohol so put the plug in that before I crossed that invisible line. I will still have an occasional glass of wine at dinner but do not drink alcohol socially anymore. Nobody seems to notice.

I am mildly addicted to USMB. At least I don't seem to avoid checking in several times a day. :)

I suffered from internet addiction. I'm happy to report that I've got THAT under control. I guess that's why I was so saddened to see my extended family members craving the internet when they were on vacation ... with their families!!!!! I have since gotten my priorities straight and wish I could have spent another week away with my family. But noooooooo ... reality had to call!

Anywho ... yeah ... cell phones. Sure, I'm addicted. In fact I'll be upgrading to a new one soon. :woohoo:

Forum List

Back