Ad casts McCain as strong, patriotic leader

Well, in retrospect, all the little kiddies under 18 are also participating in the American Idol vote, but still, you could probably make the argument that more people CARE about A.I. than they do about the state of our government and country. And that's probably worse, because voting ALONE is not the answer to our current problems anyway. People need to get off their asses and take action now, it's THAT SERIOUS.

Walk up to someone on the street and ask them a few questions about what's going on in this country and most can only generalize. They're in their world and nothing else matters. Sad, actually.

As someone living close to the border, it's extremely evident that our border laws are not working. And our tax dollars pay an overwhelming amount to house and feed illegals that we have detained. It's really out of control. Any president who is willing to suck in more illegals by providing amnesty is not someone I consider to be strong and patriotic.

How about daily beatings by the Vietnamese for five and half years? Twenty years of honorable service in the navy? Do these count toward strong and patriotic? What exactly is your litmus test test for strong and patriotic?

I don't fully agree with McCain's policy on immigration, but at least he has a policy. Besides, he has stated time and again that border security is the first priority. Also, everyone here speaks as if the Kennedy-McCain Bill would immediatley make all illegals legal and the heavens would part and the blessings of america would be bestowed upon the illegals in form of free 7-11's and motels. That is not the case. Read the damn bill. There is a 13 year waiting period and criteria to meet during those 13 years.

Paulitics,

I agree with most of what you said, however, America did not choose McCain. You but the percentage of voters that did not vote for McCain with the number of Americans that don't vote, you've got an overwhelming majority of people who didn't vote for McCain. The way I look at it, if McCain wins a state with 30-40 percent of the vote, that means 60-70 percent of the voters did not want him.

No, that means a large percent were apathetic and don't care. Therefore their opinions don't matter. If that large a portion did not want him, then they should have gotten their happy asses out and voted.

How about daily beatings by the Vietnamese for five and half years? Twenty years of honorable service in the navy? Do these count toward strong and patriotic? What exactly is your litmus test test for strong and patriotic?

I don't fully agree with McCain's policy on immigration, but at least he has a policy. Besides, he has stated time and again that border security is the first priority. Also, everyone here speaks as if the Kennedy-McCain Bill would immediatley make all illegals legal and the heavens would part and the blessings of america would be bestowed upon the illegals in form of free 7-11's and motels. That is not the case. Read the damn bill. There is a 13 year waiting period and criteria to meet during those 13 years.

McCain has some very good qualities that are deserving of respect. Those qualities do not, however, make him appropriate to run the country. He doesn't know the difference between Shi'a and Sunni. He knows nothing about economic policy at a time when we're facing a recession. I figure those two shortcomings mean he should have other jobs, but not the presidency. And again, that has nothing to do with disrespecting his service and fortitude.

McCain has some very good qualities that are deserving of respect. Those qualities do not, however, make him appropriate to run the country. He doesn't know the difference between Shi'a and Sunni. He knows nothing about economic policy at a time when we're facing a recession. I figure those two shortcomings mean he should have other jobs, but not the presidency. And again, that has nothing to do with disrespecting his service and fortitude.

I can respect your position in not supporting him. But the issue was "strong and patriotic."

I can respect your position in not supporting him. But the issue was "strong and patriotic."

I know. But I felt it important to address the things you said about him in terms of his run for the presidency. FWIW, if it weren't for the fact that he'll have to appoint supreme court justices, I wouldn't dislike McCain as president. But I couldn't in good conscience trust someone with that responsibility who thinks it's okay to speak at Bob Jones U and get cozy with psycho preachers.....

Now, in terms of your initial point, I agree. There's nothing that indicates his being in favor of pure amnesty. Personally, I don't think it's a weakness to look at the problem realistically.

Why dont you guys tell us your solution and then tell us how much it will cost?

There are real reasons to include a path to citizenship for those already here.

What you all want is some emotion based result which is inhumain and will cost this country billions.

Your comment showcases your ignorance.

There ALREADY IS a path to citizenship.

If anyone's got an emotion-based argument, it would be you. My argument is documented US law that is not being enforced.

Yours is based on baseless financial fearmongering and an emotional appeal to your version of "humanity."

Very few are involved in crime.

They come because we provide them jobs which allow them to feed entire extended families in their homelands.

We provide them no legal way in to do the jobs we allow them to come over and do.

There is like an 18 year waiting list to get in and do it legally.

Our own laws and insistance of not enforcing what laws we do have has caused this whole situation.

Now tell me your solution and how much its going to cost the tax payer?

Wrong. Each and every illegal alien within the borders of the US has committed at least one crime -- that of illegally being here.

The soultion is simple. Enforce the laws we have, and you're wasting your breath on that "how much is it going to cost the taxpayer?" junk.

How much is it costing the taxpayer NOW? Y'know, the ones who are being bled dry to prop up a social infrastructure that is not being financially supported by illegals? THAT one.

How much is it going to cost the taxpayer when after being handed citizenship without earning it, their appeal to employers just disappeared because they have to b e paid minimum wage and those employers fire them and hire the next bunch of illegals?

How much does it cost to support the newest bottom rung on the ladder of unemployed leeches you CAN'T get rid of because YOU made them legal?

Get real.

Simple solution. Arrest every illegal alien we catch and DEPORT them with a flag on their file so if they return we lock them up and charge the country they came from for their jail expenses till we can deport their sorry asses again.

Fine every company that illegally hires illegals, including as nannies and gardeners. As the law stipulates. Round up all the illegals at these companies and make the Company pay to deport them back to their country of origin.

Secure the Southern Border. With walls and fences and ARMED patrols. Put in jail every runner that brings in illegals and if they are not natural born citizens strip their citizenship and deport them to their country of origin when they are done in jail.

Shut down any company that routinely violates the law in regards illegals working for them. Shut down the jobs and eventually the illegals will get the message there is NO work for them here.

As for our problems with certain work forces and need for jobs... if your healthy and on welfare guess what the State should be doing with your ass? Put all the illegals in jail to work for prison pay till we deport their asses back home.

You're appealing to emotion. Whatever the litmus test, twenty years of service does not automatically make one patriotic, nor even strong. I've run into a few on these boards I would consider neither, but claim to have 20 years of service.

McCain's time in the military and time as a POW are what they are. I demean them in no way. I question his politics NOW.

A policy that is detrimental to this Nation. Now DO note the difference between calling McCain unpatriotic, which I did not, and not considering his political vision as the manifestation of patriotism, as the article implies.

I know. But I felt it important to address the things you said about him in terms of his run for the presidency. FWIW, if it weren't for the fact that he'll have to appoint supreme court justices, I wouldn't dislike McCain as president. But I couldn't in good conscience trust someone with that responsibility who thinks it's okay to speak at Bob Jones U and get cozy with psycho preachers.....

:wtf:

You seem okay with getting cozy with Marxist wannabe leaders and psycho, divisive preachers ...

Oh, but I forgot ... those are conspiracy theories, right?:cuckoo:

Now, in terms of your initial point, I agree. There's nothing that indicates his being in favor of pure amnesty. Personally, I don't think it's a weakness to look at the problem realistically.

Then address it realistically, and the impact on the economy you are so worried about McCain not knowing anything about.

As if Obama does ....

You're appealing to emotion. Whatever the litmus test, twenty years of service does not automatically make one patriotic, nor even strong. I've run into a few on these boards I would consider neither, but claim to have 20 years of service.

McCain's time in the military and time as a POW are what they are. I demean them in no way. I question his politics NOW.

A policy that is detrimental to this Nation. Now DO note the difference between calling McCain unpatriotic, which I did not, and not considering his political vision as the manifestation of patriotism, as the article implies.

Semantics.

I have a hard time seeing anyone willing to sell out the sovereignty of the US border as "strong and patriotic."

This says that you would have a hard time seeing McCain as patriotic or strong.

So basically your one issue is the only thing that matters. I get it know.

This says that you would have a hard time seeing McCain as patriotic or strong.

So basically your one issue is the only thing that matters. I get it know.

Rubbish. He's selling himself as strong and patriotic based on his politics, and using his military service and time as a POW to reinforce it.

But it IS all about semantics since it IS about political idealism which IS what the Presidential election is all about which IS relative to one's position on the political spectrum.

By literal definition I'm not saying McCain is not a patriot. I don't consider his views on illegal immigration patriotic in regard to what is best for this nation.

But it isn't about a single issue. I believe he said the economy is find and his solution is to watch it? he must not pay his own bills.

Oh, and everything's fine Iraq. No specifics.

"Strong" is about semantics as well. One could not be a POW for as long as he was, where he was and not be a strong person internally. That does not in any way equate to a strong leader. And if there's one thing I have PLENTY of personal experience with, it's stong, lukewarm and weak leaders.

Who exactly is he going to lead where? He thinks he's going to get bipartisan support from the Dems in Congress? Like Bush did? First time he says no that honeymoon'll be over just like it was with Bush.

he needs to sell himself as what he is ... the candidate the media chose for the GOP.

THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR AMNESTY......................have you folks never heard of AZTLAN.....................SOMEBODY better wake the fuck up.........you seem to be babbling over moot, TREATY SIGNED POINTS!!!!!! :eusa_drool: :eusa_think:

Is it only a matter that the SHIT HOLE TRAITORS WHOM WE CALL LEADERS HAVE FORGOTTEN TO TELL US?????:eusa_drool: :eusa_think:

Is that why they're ALL SITTING AROUND WITH THEIR THUMBS UP THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES??????:rolleyes:

Was the movie Red Dawn actually a FUTURE CAST???????

http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-text/aztlan.html

http://www.americanpatrol.com/RECONQUISTA/aztlanwarmap.html

http://tommywonk.blogspot.com/2006/05/can-you-find-aztlan-on-map.html

Patriotism you say.......DEFINE IT and is it now actually spelled SUBVERSION?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Last time I checked, the media doesn't vote.

Now, that's a rather silly rebuttal, don't you think?

The media is where most people figure out who they're going to vote for. The media doesn't need to physically select the candidate for us, they psychologically select candidates by shaping your opinions for you.

I'm sure most of us on here do a little better, and at least check into other sources for information. But the majority of Americans are politically influenced ENTIRELY by the MSM.

I know you're trying really hard to find a way to accept what's been given to you by the GOP, but why try? You don't have to just find a way to be ok with yourself inside for voting for McCain. You can go out and lobby your community and beyond, and while we still have so much time left until the election, and the convention even, you can do your part in getting the masses to say NO.

I think you know deep down inside that McCain doesn't represent you at all as a conservative. There are plenty of others like you, myself and Gunny included. You don't have to have the if you can't beat em, join em mentality. You don't just have to cast your vote. Please don't cast your vote just to beat the other party, either. That gets this country nowhere. We're given 2 candidates to choose from, and either one is always going to be a benefit to the establishment, because the establishment knows we vote only to "win", so that way, they get their way no matter what the outcome.

There's better choices, onthefence. You know it, too.

Now, that's a rather silly rebuttal, don't you think?

The media is where most people figure out who they're going to vote for. The media doesn't need to physically select the candidate for us, they psychologically select candidates by shaping your opinions for you.

I'm sure most of us on here do a little better, and at least check into other sources for information. But the majority of Americans are politically influenced ENTIRELY by the MSM.

I know you're trying really hard to find a way to accept what's been given to you by the GOP, but why try? You don't have to just find a way to be ok with yourself inside for voting for McCain. You can go out and lobby your community and beyond, and while we still have so much time left until the election, and the convention even, you can do your part in getting the masses to say NO.

I think you know deep down inside that McCain doesn't represent you at all as a conservative. There are plenty of others like you, myself and Gunny included. You don't have to have the if you can't beat em, join em mentality. You don't just have to cast your vote. Please don't cast your vote just to beat the other party, either. That gets this country nowhere. We're given 2 candidates to choose from, and either one is always going to be a benefit to the establishment, because the establishment knows we vote only to "win", so that way, they get their way no matter what the outcome.

There's better choices, onthefence. You know it, too.

You assume that I was given McCain. I supported McCain in 2000. support him now. I have had the rare chance to sit down and speak person to person with him and I was blown away. He s a leader and encapsulates everything That I consider a conservative to be. I believe in the GOP of Goldwater. McCain is a Goldwater conservative. Remember that Goldwater said, "One day the members of my own party will consider me to be liberal." McCain is the right choice, the only choice, and has been since 2000.

Oh and deep down, I think you know that Limbaugh and Hannity are full of shit.

Forum List

Back