Ad casts McCain as strong, patriotic leader

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Gunny, Mar 30, 2008.

1. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Well, as far as taxpayers go, there's certainly tax money that is spent out there that is spent for far more rediculous reasons than improving and enforcing immigration laws. And as far as money goes...the government has been notorious for printing up more money when they need it. That's why the value of our dollar has decreased.

2. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Paulitics,

I agree with most of what you said, however, America did not choose McCain. You but the percentage of voters that did not vote for McCain with the number of Americans that don't vote, you've got an overwhelming majority of people who didn't vote for McCain. The way I look at it, if McCain wins a state with 30-40 percent of the vote, that means 60-70 percent of the voters did not want him.

3. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    While I have no plan on voting for Mccain and hope he doesn't stoop too low for the evangelical vote I'm pretty sure he will pounce on the mid east like a cougar at a frat party and validate enough conservatives to get them to grudgingly accept the illegal alien issue. The Lieberman connection couldn't be more obvious if he were busted using the Israeli flag like a lubed masterbatory sock. However, I have no doubt that Mccain is a patriot and experienced and would make a better leader than george bush ever was.

That being said, yes, there are many, MANY ways to secure the border as long as border security is worthwhile enough to circumvent the "it costs too much so lets keep the floodgates open" reaction. While, I'm convinced we will see another round of '86 style reagan solutions to illegal immigration i'd start with encouraging the minuteman patrol, tap retired seniors and create RV park "watch stations", build a wall where ncessary and patrol where a wall doesn't seem to work, get draconian about deporting illegals (especially those who use fake documents as personal ID), etc etc..

hell, if push came to shove we annex 100 miles of Mexico and create the 51st state, deport illegals to this state and let their path to citizenship start there.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    So eloquently put...:iagree:

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,329
    Well, by America I meant the ones who voted for him. I'd say probably 80% of the ones who voted for him only did so because the media said so, and they knew everyone else would too.

God forbid you vote for someone else, even though they "can't win". That's WHY they can't win. Because everyone thinks they can't and would rather vote for "a winner". What exactly is "a winner"? Someone the media SAYS is a winner?

Everytime the media talked about Ron Paul...EVERY SINGLE TIME...they made sure to mention that he was "a long shot", "a dark horse", etc. EVERY TIME. So that's probably where the idea that "he can't win" came from.

I campaigned for Ron Paul all season. 50% of the people I reached when I canvassed said they liked him, but didn't want to vote for him because "he can't win". How pathetic. That was the word from all over the country from everyone who campaigned for Paul. People are afraid to vote for anyone that isn't already basically pre-selected. Voters in this country are fucking robots anymore.

Until we step up and tell the media we'll pick our OWN candidate, we're always going to get the short end of the stick.

6. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Agreed, a good friend of mine is a Paul supporter. Quite a few here in the South. The media plays a huge role, unfortunately. If everyone would just vote for who they wanted, we'd be alot better off. We had people here vote (Rep.) voting for hillary so that McCain could beat her in the general election. Rediculous and unethical if you ask me.

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,329
    Right. People like that don't care about the country, they care about the party, and beating the OTHER party. And actually, they don't even care about THAT, because McCain is a shit-stain on the Republican Party. It's just a fucking GAME to most voters.

Our government isn't a sports game between two teams, it's serious fucking business. If I didn't believe in liberty the way I do, I'd say people like that should have their voting rights taken away. But then I'd be no better than the next fascist authoritarian piece of shit.

8. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    If I'm correct, I think more people tune in to vote for American Idol, isn't that aburd?!!

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,329
    Well, in retrospect, all the little kiddies under 18 are also participating in the American Idol vote, but still, you could probably make the argument that more people CARE about A.I. than they do about the state of our government and country. And that's probably worse, because voting ALONE is not the answer to our current problems anyway. People need to get off their asses and take action now, it's THAT SERIOUS.

10. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    true, I didn't think about that. I agree with what you say, unfortunately, our election system is jacked to begin with. Superdelegates, the way states devide their delegates differently, etc...