Actual Obama Accomplishment

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

And yet our total debt is now greater than our GDP
:eusa_hand:

Thanks to the Reagan-Bush tax cuts for the rich...

US-National-Debt-GDP.gif

Yet the only really sharp spike of increase happens during Roosevelt and Obama.

if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he landed.
:cuckoo:

This year 10,000 Americans a day will turn 65.

And it's all Obama's fault!

US-National-Debt-GDP.gif

Apparently you can't read a graph.

The Reagan and Bush tax cuts created most of the National Debt.

If anything Reagan and Bush did created the debt it was the spending, not the tax cuts. Why do people think tax cuts cause deficits? Do you also think cold causes heatstroke?

US-National-Debt-GDP.gif

I'm not attempting to argue that point, at this time.

I'm looking at the sharp and steep increase of that line since Obama took office.
Why hasn't he turned it the opposite direction?

Gee, amazing how the government doesn't have enough brains to figure out the difference between someone retiring and a discouraged worker, even after counting unemployment for decades.
The government has it figured out. It's the dishonest Investors Business Daily who pretend to be too stupid to know the difference between a retiree and a discouraged worker.

The U4 rate is the unemployment rate plus discouraged workers. The December 2011 U4 rate is 9.1% adjusted and 8.8% unadjusted.

Nice try, but they are using BLS numbers. If they got them wrong I am sure you can go to BLS.gov and point it out.
They are using one BLS number, the number of people leaving the work force, and then they dishonestly ASSume that everyone who leaves the work force is discouraged. IBD did not get that from BLS!!!!!

10,000 Boomers reach retirement age every day and almost 3 out of 4 of them retire.

I'm looking at the sharp and steep increase of that line since Obama took office.

Because the damage was so bad. al Qaeda attacked American symbols. Republicans have attacked the economic foundation of the country. The ramifications are much broader. The damage many thousands of times greater. The cost enormous.

Because the damage was so bad. al Qaeda attacked American symbols. Republicans have attacked the economic foundation of the country. The ramifications are much broader. The damage many thousands of times greater. The cost enormous.

And the cost of all this sharply increased under Obama?
:lol:

True, because of what Republicans put in place. Just the cost of the tens of thousands of young Americans maimed in Iraq will cost trillions. What do you think is the cost of taking care of a paraplegic or a quadriplegic over a lifetime from 25 years of age?

And remember, Bush and the Republicans hid the cost of both wars from the American people, the slimes. Because Obama added the true cost to his budget suddenly it was him that spent the money? That's both retarded and insane. Republicans left Obama holding the bag and now they blame the victim. Typical.

The government has it figured out. It's the dishonest Investors Business Daily who pretend to be too stupid to know the difference between a retiree and a discouraged worker.

The U4 rate is the unemployment rate plus discouraged workers. The December 2011 U4 rate is 9.1% adjusted and 8.8% unadjusted.

Nice try, but they are using BLS numbers. If they got them wrong I am sure you can go to BLS.gov and point it out.
They are using one BLS number, the number of people leaving the work force, and then they dishonestly ASSume that everyone who leaves the work force is discouraged. IBD did not get that from BLS!!!!!

10,000 Boomers reach retirement age every day and almost 3 out of 4 of them retire.

If you are correct that the BLS is to thickheaded to correct for that figure then I am sure you can find the corrected figure and post it.

True, because of what Republicans put in place. Just the cost of the tens of thousands of young Americans maimed in Iraq will cost trillions. What do you think is the cost of taking care of a paraplegic or a quadriplegic over a lifetime from 25 years of age?

And remember, Bush and the Republicans hid the cost of both wars from the American people, the slimes. Because Obama added the true cost to his budget suddenly it was him that spent the money? That's both retarded and insane. Republicans left Obama holding the bag and now they blame the victim. Typical.

That would make sense if most of the increase in spending under Obama went to health care and the VA. Unfortunately for you, it did not, those areas increased only moderately over the Bush era projected spending, yet the deficit skyrocketed anyway.

That would make sense if most of the increase in spending under Obama went to health care and the VA. Unfortunately for you, it did not, those areas increased only moderately over the Bush era projected spending, yet the deficit skyrocketed anyway.

The deficit spending saved the economy from another Great Depression.

Now that the economy is growing again, we can cut spending and pay off the debt.

Now that the economy is growing again, we can cut spending and pay off the debt.

No it didn't. And I can prove that using Keynes theories, unlike you, he thought deficit spending is a bad thing.

Funny how everyone is trying to blam Bush for the defict when the thread is about people who gave up on looking for work under Obama.

If you are correct that the BLS is to thickheaded to correct for that figure then I am sure you can find the corrected figure and post it.
Again, it is not the BLS that is thickheaded, it is your source IBD that is DISHONEST.

The BLS does give the unemployment rate that includes discouraged workers, it is the U-4 rate. The BLS U-4 rate for December is 9.1% seasonally adjusted and 8.8% unadjusted, which I have already posted earlier in this thread. IBD dishonestly fabricated a U-4 rate of 11% by counting retirees as discouraged workers. IBD are a bunch of CON$ervative liars.

From your IBD link in your OP:
According to the BLS, the "labor force participation rate" — the ratio of the number of people either working or looking for work compared with the entire working-age population — is now 64%, down from 65.7% when the recession ended in June 2009. That's the lowest level since women began entering the workforce in far greater numbers several decades ago.
If you adjust for this drop, the unemployment rate would be close to 11%, instead of the official 8.5%.

No it didn't. And I can prove that using Keynes theories, unlike you, he thought deficit spending is a bad thing.

Can you explain why so many Republicans who voted against the stimulus took the money and created thousands of jobs they took credit for. You sit in front of the Internet. It's easy to find out the truth. Once you find out the truth, get back to me. I want to know, too.

Again, it is not the BLS that is thickheaded, it is your source IBD that is DISHONEST.

The BLS does give the unemployment rate that includes discouraged workers, it is the U-4 rate. The BLS U-4 rate for December is 9.1% seasonally adjusted and 8.8% unadjusted, which I have already posted earlier in this thread. IBD dishonestly fabricated a U-4 rate of 11% by counting retirees as discouraged workers. IBD are a bunch of CON$ervative liars.

From your IBD link in your OP:
According to the BLS, the "labor force participation rate" — the ratio of the number of people either working or looking for work compared with the entire working-age population — is now 64%, down from 65.7% when the recession ended in June 2009. That's the lowest level since women began entering the workforce in far greater numbers several decades ago.
If you adjust for this drop, the unemployment rate would be close to 11%, instead of the official 8.5%.

Like I said, post the numbers. So far all you have done is claim that one set of numbers that has nothing to do with discouraged workers is down, not sure how that actually proves IBD is lying, even if it is true, but you insist it does.

Can you explain why so many Republicans who voted against the stimulus took the money and created thousands of jobs they took credit for. You sit in front of the Internet. It's easy to find out the truth. Once you find out the truth, get back to me. I want to know, too.

Because, just like the Democrats, they are politicians that are willing to lie to get reelected.

When are you going to learn that I have no problem putting down both sides because I am not a Democrat or a Republican?

He made 1,000,000 workers disappear. No one has ever managed to do that before in history.

Initial jobless claims unexpectedly jumped by 24,000 last week to 399,000 as more workers lost their jobs, the Labor Department said Thursday. At the same time, the economy continues to lose workers.

In the 30 months since the recession officially ended, nearly 1 million people have dropped out of the labor force — they aren't working, and they aren't looking — according to data from Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics. In the past two months, the labor force shrank by 170,000.

This is virtually unprecedented in past economic recoveries, at least since the BLS has kept detailed records. In the past nine recoveries, the labor force had climbed an average 3.5 million by this point, according to an IBD analysis of the BLS data.

"Given weak job prospects, many would-be workers dropped out of (or never entered) the labor force," noted Heidi Shierholz of the Economic Policy Institute in her analysis of the BLS jobs report issued last Friday. "That reduces the measured unemployment rate but does not represent real improvement."

Unprecedented, Tepid Recovery Under Obama Begs Question: Where Did All The Workers Go? - Investors.com

Recovery, get it? Recovery from Republican's disastrous policies. They have nothing new. So what is their plan now? That we all live in piano boxes? There aren't enough pianos.
The Recoveryless Recovery.

Obama 2012: Who You Gonna Believe, Me Or Your Own Lyin' Bank Account?

Forum List

Back