syshshhshshs.jpg

Unreal

The entire western world needs a reset alright

ggt f ty.jpeg

View attachment 602931

Unreal

The entire western world needs a reset alright

View attachment 602934

OK. You got my interest on this one. MAYBE a conspiracy theory in SOME aspects, MAYBE could be used as a weapon. NON-LETHAL -- but nasty side effects. NOT gonna cause internal tissue damage or face burns -- but AIMING IT as short ranges WILL HURT.

Many police departments across the US have used Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) systems to aid in directing crowds and dispersing protesters, such as in the Lafayette Square protests on June 2, 2020. LRAD systems are a type of Acoustic Hailing Device (AHD), used to send messages over long distances. LRAD systems produce much higher sound levels (volume) than normal loudspeakers or megaphones.

Over shorter distances, LRAD signals are loud enough to cause pain in the ears of people in their path. LRAD systems have recently been used by police as “sonic weapons” to break up crowds. At first blush, the use of noise rather than physical force might seem like a safe, non-lethal way to move and direct crowds, but if used improperly they can cause permanent hearing damage. This is not only an issue for the intended targets; it also poses a significant threat to public safety officers working nearby.

LRAD military-grade systems were remodeled and remarketed as Acoustic Hailing Devices for civilian environments in the early 2000s. This is when municipal police departments in the United States began to acquire and use LRAD technology. For the first five years of police use in the US, LRAD systems communicated ‘unlawful assembly’ and other orders to crowds in major cities. LRAD use at this time did not come under public scrutiny because the devices were used in voice command mode at safe distances. By 2009 LRAD systems were being used at close distances in alarm mode (warning: LOUD) as non-lethal weapons for protester dispersal outside the G20 summit in Pittsburgh. Another instance of LRAD alarms being used in close quarters appears in a 2014 video (warning: LOUD). This close-in LRAD alarm deployment targeted people who were protesting the killing of Eric Garner.

In June of 2020, Richard Danforth (CEO of Genasys Inc., a manufacturer of LRAD systems) was quoted saying

“The crowd noise generated by large, and sometimes volatile protests, overwhelms bullhorns and vehicle public address systems rendering them essentially useless … LRAD voice broadcast systems enable new methods of policing that protect the public and law enforcement officers by promoting safer initial interactions. Using LRAD systems to communicate from safe standoff distances provides more time for mutual assessment, interaction and de-escalation.”

In practice, rather than simply communicating with protesters, LRAD systems can also be used to generate ear-splitting tones designed to cause pain and disperse crowds. In this way, the weaponized use of LRAD alarm mode poses safety issues for both users and receivers.

LRAD-Distributor-455x640-8804922.jpg

If it's misused and causes hearing damage -- those cities are GONNA PAY... But being in the mosh pit at a Rock concert isn't much different and is LONGER exposure.

Last edited:
OK. You got my interest on this one. MAYBE a conspiracy theory in SOME aspects, MAYBE could be used as a weapon. NON-LETHAL -- but nasty side effects. NOT gonna cause internal tissue damage or face burns -- but AIMING IT as short ranges WILL HURT.

Many police departments across the US have used Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) systems to aid in directing crowds and dispersing protesters, such as in the Lafayette Square protests on June 2, 2020. LRAD systems are a type of Acoustic Hailing Device (AHD), used to send messages over long distances. LRAD systems produce much higher sound levels (volume) than normal loudspeakers or megaphones.

Over shorter distances, LRAD signals are loud enough to cause pain in the ears of people in their path. LRAD systems have recently been used by police as “sonic weapons” to break up crowds. At first blush, the use of noise rather than physical force might seem like a safe, non-lethal way to move and direct crowds, but if used improperly they can cause permanent hearing damage. This is not only an issue for the intended targets; it also poses a significant threat to public safety officers working nearby.

LRAD military-grade systems were remodeled and remarketed as Acoustic Hailing Devices for civilian environments in the early 2000s. This is when municipal police departments in the United States began to acquire and use LRAD technology. For the first five years of police use in the US, LRAD systems communicated ‘unlawful assembly’ and other orders to crowds in major cities. LRAD use at this time did not come under public scrutiny because the devices were used in voice command mode at safe distances. By 2009 LRAD systems were being used at close distances in alarm mode (warning: LOUD) as non-lethal weapons for protester dispersal outside the G20 summit in Pittsburgh. Another instance of LRAD alarms being used in close quarters appears in a 2014 video (warning: LOUD). This close-in LRAD alarm deployment targeted people who were protesting the killing of Eric Garner.

In June of 2020, Richard Danforth (CEO of Genasys Inc., a manufacturer of LRAD systems) was quoted saying

“The crowd noise generated by large, and sometimes volatile protests, overwhelms bullhorns and vehicle public address systems rendering them essentially useless … LRAD voice broadcast systems enable new methods of policing that protect the public and law enforcement officers by promoting safer initial interactions. Using LRAD systems to communicate from safe standoff distances provides more time for mutual assessment, interaction and de-escalation.”

In practice, rather than simply communicating with protesters, LRAD systems can also be used to generate ear-splitting tones designed to cause pain and disperse crowds. In this way, the weaponized use of LRAD alarm mode poses safety issues for both users and receivers.

LRAD-Distributor-455x640-8804922.jpg

If it's misused and causes hearing damage -- those cities are GONNA PAY... But being in the mosh pit at a Rock concert isn't much different and is LONGER exposure.
I've also read about them before...over the years . Always read the same thing ...non lethal an safe ...
That girls picture ....I always thought they couldn't cause that much damage .
Thiers probably a setting to make people's heads explode like in scanners

Pop

Fuck that prison colony Australia. They're like Canada, except it doesn't snow.
I like the Active Denial System better for crowd control. Both will work to deny a crowd and area but the ADS probably has a lower chance of longer term harm, if all you are want them to do is get a way from a building, critical infrastructure or key terrain point. ADS will raise your exposed skin temperature to 111 degrees Fahrenheit in about 3 seconds. You won't want to stay there and certainly will not be in rock throwing range.
The LRAD might be more utilitarian as it can be used for very clear crowd announcement communication over a greater range than a standard loudspeaker, besides being able to change modes to the crowd control mode. I will say about long term damage likelihood, you have to be seriously stupid to keep standing of that thing directed at you. It is not like a single zap is going to do anything but make you want to leave. It has been used for crowd control in this country. Do you remember hearing of long term effects? I don't.

I've also read about them before...over the years . Always read the same thing ...non lethal an safe ...
That girls picture ....I always thought they couldn't cause that much damage .
Thiers probably a setting to make people's heads explode like in scanners

Pop

Here's where I'm skeptical about your "conspiracy dude" video. YES --- that acoustic design firm link I gave is CONCERNED about misuse. But that police abuse would have to be HIGHLY INTENTIONAL.

Because I looked up a powerful version and it consumes 250Watts. I've had speaker cabs on stage behind me more powerful than that. High schoolers roll out the parking lot with that kind of acoustic power in the trunk.

THE DANGER IS -- how it's focused. It's not "laser" focused, it's just way narrower than any other acoustic broadcast device.

SO -- TO HURT someone bad -- they'd have to be almost immobilized, too stupid to survive or the police would have to track them like I do sporting clays.

Because you can walk 3 or 8 steps and get out of MOST of the power. No heads exploding, no "facial burns" -- but it CAN cause hearing loss/issues and possibly some eye damage as well.

It also might be able to do the heimlich manuveur on you if they use low enough tones. LOL....

I like the Active Denial System better for crowd control. Both will work to deny a crowd and area but the ADS probably has a lower chance of longer term harm, if all you are want them to do is get a way from a building, critical infrastructure or key terrain point. ADS will raise your exposed skin temperature to 111 degrees Fahrenheit in about 3 seconds. You won't want to stay there and certainly will not be in rock throwing range.
The LRAD might be more utilitarian as it can be used for very clear crowd announcement communication over a greater range than a standard loudspeaker, besides being able to change modes to the crowd control mode. I will say about long term damage likelihood, you have to be seriously stupid to keep standing of that thing directed at you. It is not like a single zap is going to do anything but make you want to leave. It has been used for crowd control in this country. Do you remember hearing of long term effects? I don't.

agree. Link I posted said that effects from demonstrations in 2020/2021 have been noted. Dont know how many. DOnt know if it's in court.

Put this in a lower "side effect" class than blinding people (cops) with lasers at demonstrations.

BLM has enough money now to BUY a bunch of these and RETALIATE. OOOOPSSS. Look what I just did.

agree. Link I posted said that effects from demonstrations in 2020/2021 have been noted. Dont know how many. DOnt know if it's in court.

Put this in a lower "side effect" class than blinding people (cops) with lasers at demonstrations.

BLM has enough money now to BUY a bunch of these and RETALIATE. OOOOPSSS. Look what I just did.
So they're just using memorex

Pop

The tazer was supposedly super safe to

Cops should never use laser. Permanent eye damage does not take long. I am told that is true, even in wavelengths you cannot see.
Most of these are mounted on stands or on vehicles, probably because of power requirement. Not likely to be something carried in a crowd, but you could sure keep the crowd well away from a courthouse or car lot, without damage to building or vehicles.

Wisdom dictates that one stays away from protests.
A wise person avoids protests like the plague.

Stay home, read a book, surf the net, watch tv etc...and the ray guns won't get you.

Cops should never use laser. Permanent eye damage does not take long. I am told that is true, even in wavelengths you cannot see.
Most of these are mounted on stands or on vehicles, probably because of power requirement. Not likely to be something carried in a crowd, but you could sure keep the crowd well away from a courthouse or car lot, without damage to building or vehicles.

Was actually referring to hundreds of law enforcement who were temporarily or seriously blinded by lasers in from the crowd. Got so bad in those summer riots that the POLICE started "drawing fire" with their own spiffier. supposedly safer green lasers..

Around the country, we are seeing demonstrations against police brutality turn violent and even deadly. One tactic used by rioters is to laze law enforcement officers and even their horses with commercial off the shelf laser pointers which may injure the eye or cause blindness for the recipient of the laser energy.

Seattle PD has used the MAWL device as an aiming laser for several years and knew that nearby BE Meyers & Co had developed an eye-safe laser dazzler.

Quite simply, the GLARE HELIOS worked. Not only did it distract the laser attackers from focusing their beams on the line officers and instead focus on the SPD Officer using he system, it diverted the attention of the crowd. Every individual that was targeted with the GLARE HELIOS either left the area immediately after being engaged, became ineffective, or was detained by detectives on their way out after being identified.

+++++++++++++++++

Apparently, whether we like or not -- tech is creating a complex battlefield on our OWN STREETS...

Was actually referring to hundreds of law enforcement who were temporarily or seriously blinded by lasers in from the crowd. Got so bad in those summer riots that the POLICE started "drawing fire" with their own spiffier. supposedly safer green lasers..

Around the country, we are seeing demonstrations against police brutality turn violent and even deadly. One tactic used by rioters is to laze law enforcement officers and even their horses with commercial off the shelf laser pointers which may injure the eye or cause blindness for the recipient of the laser energy.

Seattle PD has used the MAWL device as an aiming laser for several years and knew that nearby BE Meyers & Co had developed an eye-safe laser dazzler.

Quite simply, the GLARE HELIOS worked. Not only did it distract the laser attackers from focusing their beams on the line officers and instead focus on the SPD Officer using he system, it diverted the attention of the crowd. Every individual that was targeted with the GLARE HELIOS either left the area immediately after being engaged, became ineffective, or was detained by detectives on their way out after being identified.

+++++++++++++++++

Apparently, whether we like or not -- tech is creating a complex battlefield on our OWN STREETS...
Absolutely correct. I somehow thought you were talking about cops using them. Oops.

Forum List

Back