ACORN Officials ScrambleAfter Exposed as Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests

Accorn has nothing do with the Occupy Wall Street Movement. Stop Watching Fox News!

Did you mean this? :lmao:

Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.

NYCC also is installing surveillance cameras and recording devices at its Brooklyn offices, removing or packing away supplies bearing the name ACORN and handing out photos of Fox News staff with a stern warning not to talk to the media, the sources said.

Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

To emulate a peaceful, lawful protest, they would have to be peaceful and law abiding.

They aren't. They're building barricades (and that's not the minority), breaking and entering, using intimidation tactics on drivers and cops, blocking traffic.

That's the heart of it. If they want to "emulate" a peaceful, law abiding protest, then they have to behave in a peaceful and law abiding manner. And they don't.

"Occupy" is war terminology. And it implies the forceful taking over of something by the right of might.

I have to disagree with you on this. Most are law abiding. It's always been a small percentage of the protesters that have broken the rules based on the arrest reports (sans Brooklyn Bridge). It's clearly the analogy of a few bad apples ruining the whole bunch. I know people who have gone iOccupy Minneapolis, they are just normal folks, they had fun but they said there were a few vocal agitators that most ignored. I got the same feed back from a few who went to NY. The problem is that they just ignored them and didn't do a thing to stop them.

Rosa Parks broke the law too. Was she protesting or just too lazy to step to the back of the bus?

The GOP wants us to sit at the back and we won’t any longer.

Now they’re trying to discredit the protests that have the overwhelming support of Americans and has even taken off internationally.

From the New York Communities for Change Website. :D

Submitted by Jon Kest on 30 September 2011 - 3:26pm

It has been amazing watching #OccupyWallStreet grow over the past two weeks. As someone who has been involved in the social justice movement in New York for more than 30 years, it's a rare occasion that I get to watch a movement like this develop from the outside.

Over the past several years, while the big banks have destroyed our economy and working people have fought to make do with less and less, the richest one percent of Americans continue to take of more of the pie.

That's why I'm excited to announce that New York Communities for Change and many of our allies in community organizing and labor will be showing our support for #OccupyWallStreet next week.

No place is more symbolic of that gross inequity than Wall Street and there is no better symbol for what all of us are working to achieve than seeing Zuccotti Park full of people who are ready to say that the American people are not going to take it anymore.

The levels of inequity in this county, and in New York especially are out of hand-- and no one knows that more than the working families that make up the members of New York Communities for Change.

We've seen our Mayor and our Governor slash our social safety net in the name of austerity while turning their noses up at new sources of revenue such as renewing the Millionaire's

Tax and seeking claw backs for improperly used public subsidies. Even when elected officials like New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman take a stand against the big banks, corporations and the politicians in their pockets do everything they can do derail his efforts.

That's why NYCC members joined thousands of New Yorkers on May 12 to demand that Wall Street banks pay their fair share and it's why we'll be back on Wednesday October 5th to continue our stand against the big banks and show our support to the protesters who have been on Wall Street for days.

Why We're Joining #OccupyWallStreet | New York Communities for Change (NYCC)

To emulate a peaceful, lawful protest, they would have to be peaceful and law abiding.

They aren't. They're building barricades (and that's not the minority), breaking and entering, using intimidation tactics on drivers and cops, blocking traffic.

That's the heart of it. If they want to "emulate" a peaceful, law abiding protest, then they have to behave in a peaceful and law abiding manner. And they don't.

"Occupy" is war terminology. And it implies the forceful taking over of something by the right of might.

I have to disagree with you on this. Most are law abiding. It's always been a small percentage of the protesters that have broken the rules based on the arrest reports (sans Brooklyn Bridge). It's clearly the analogy of a few bad apples ruining the whole bunch. I know people who have gone iOccupy Minneapolis, they are just normal folks, they had fun but they said there were a few vocal agitators that most ignored. I got the same feed back from a few who went to NY. The problem is that they just ignored them and didn't do a thing to stop them.

Rosa Parks broke the law too. Was she protesting or just too lazy to step to the back of the bus?

The GOP wants us to sit at the back and we won’t any longer.

Now they’re trying to discredit the protests that have the overwhelming support of Americans and has even taken off internationally.

Not at all. Your Premise is false, and your Focus is off.

Nonviolent Civil Disobedience isn't really subject to interpretation. Do no harm, do no damage. It's not Rocket Science. You want to Rally, fine, no laws broken. You want to block or obstruct without causing harm, you know, you face Fine or arrest, you being at peace with that, so am I. You have no Right to Other Peoples Property, you have no right to deface, to instigate Riot or Insurrection. Keep it Noble, and I for one, will support your Right to Protest. You break Civility, you deserve the full force of the Law.

Wow am i surprised!!! (NOT)
And you do know we'll need to find another link....none of the libs are going to believe anything from Fox. I'll be surprised if we see any leftwing media report on this though!

Sure, here it is, Caroljo, with an excerpt below:

In this particular case, ACORN’s Boston office simply rebranded into New England United 4 Justice. Same crooked group with the same general mission and president, but a different name. Headed by Maude Hurd, the former president of ACORN and ACORN Housing, New England United 4 Justice promotes “social justice” for “low and moderate income families.” The group also seeks to educate the general public about social justice issues and the needs of poor and middle class families. This sort of rebranding has allowed ACORN to skirt a 2009 congressional ban on federal funding, consequence of its many transgressions. A few months ago a Judicial Watch investigation found the Obama Administration gave an ACORN reincarnation called Affordable Housing Centers of America (AHCOA) a $79,819 grant to “combat housing and lending discrimination.”

Same-old, same-old. Obama's HUD Violates ACORN funding ban.

Forum List

Back