ACLU sues ICE over policy of courthouse arrests of illegals

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This looks like a nuisance lawsuit from the ACLU just to make it tough for ICE to do its job.

ACLU Sues Feds over ICE Arrests in Oregon Courthouses

feb 11 2018 The American Civil Liberties Union in Oregon filed a lawsuit against the federal government this past week challenging the presence of immigration deportation officers at courthouses in the state.

Breitbart Texas reported on February 2 that the head of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issued a directive ordering ICE officers to target criminal aliens appearing in courthouses.

The ACLU, in the sanctuary state of Oregon, filed a federal lawsuit and asked that ICE officials be required to disclose how many immigrants have been questioned by immigration officers at or near Oregon’s state courthouses, reported The Oregonian. The American Civil Liberties Union is seeking records back to January 2017, just before President Trump took office on January 20.

The lawsuit also asks the judge to order ICE to reveal any policies about who is being targeted, any policy about wearing plainclothes, and policies about agents answering questions or refusing to identify themselves to those who they are detaining, reported the media organization based in Portland.

Thanks for the reminder. Time for me to send another donation to the ACLU. They do great work.

This looks like a nuisance lawsuit from the ACLU just to make it tough for ICE to do its job.

ACLU Sues Feds over ICE Arrests in Oregon Courthouses

feb 11 2018 The American Civil Liberties Union in Oregon filed a lawsuit against the federal government this past week challenging the presence of immigration deportation officers at courthouses in the state.

Breitbart Texas reported on February 2 that the head of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issued a directive ordering ICE officers to target criminal aliens appearing in courthouses.

The ACLU, in the sanctuary state of Oregon, filed a federal lawsuit and asked that ICE officials be required to disclose how many immigrants have been questioned by immigration officers at or near Oregon’s state courthouses, reported The Oregonian. The American Civil Liberties Union is seeking records back to January 2017, just before President Trump took office on January 20.

The lawsuit also asks the judge to order ICE to reveal any policies about who is being targeted, any policy about wearing plainclothes, and policies about agents answering questions or refusing to identify themselves to those who they are detaining, reported the media organization based in Portland.
All foreign nationals in the US should have a federal id. A fee or a fine is what our Commerce Clause should require.

• Banned
Thanks for the reminder. Time for me to send another donation to the ACLU. They do great work.

Yeah sure. After you spend your welfare check on booze and left wing hate mags, maybe you can send them a couple bucks. HAHAHA

Yup, and then there are people like you, cheering on people who make it hard to enforce the law. Your attitude towards our law enforcement officers is duly noted. I am getting the impression that our laws mean very little to you when there is a presidential administration you don't like out there enforcing them.

Yeah sure. After you spend your welfare check on booze and left wing hate mags, maybe you can send them a couple bucks. HAHAHA

How childish. This is the same bullshit I hate coming from liberals. Ad hominem. No wonder our political divide is growing wider...

Yup, and then there are people like you, cheering on people who make it hard to enforce the law. Your attitude towards our law enforcement officers is duly noted. I am getting the impression that our laws mean very little to you when there is a presidential administration you don't like out there enforcing them.

Any particular reason you think that, other than the right wing echo chamber that says liberals don't like laws?

I'm waiting for all the mayors and governors of sanctuary Cities and states to be brought up on charges.

They are violating section 1324 of title 8 of the US code which makes it a federal felony to encourage illegals to live in america. It's clear cut but still trump does not prosecute.

Schools that allow illegals to attend are also breaking the same law and their administrators should be charged too.

Forum List

Back