ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael Brown's death violates law

ACLU Ferguson police report on Michael Brown s death violates law - Yahoo News

It looks like the Ferguson police department is more concerned about covering their ass than anything else, which suggests they are in the wrong and have a need for such a lack of transparency.
Heavily-redacted document omits key public information.

A police report on the death of Michael Brown is missing key information and violates Missouri open records laws, an ACLU attorney told Yahoo News on Friday.
The two-page document, which the Ferguson Police Department released only after pressure from journalists and civil liberties advocates, is largely redacted or left blank. The most egregious omissions are the victim’s name and a description of the offense – the fatal shooting of Brown.
“They are breaking the law,” said Tony Rothert, legal director of the ACLU of Missouri.

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying since the FPD started saying NOTHING about what happened.

This official report is a JOKE an only confirms my opinion that they are covering up a murder.

Note: The media DID NOT black out the report. The FPD did.

fpd.jpg

According to the article, this information has been requested and denied.

Well this is becoming a standard for Government. I wish they were more worried about our Federal government under Obama not releasing information asked for. Or losing emails just in time for an investigation...
That's why I don't take the ACLU seriously

OBAMA!!!!!!!
Yes, everything that's wrong on the effing planet is Obama's fault, don't ya know.

whoa, so much anger

It looks like the Ferguson police department is more concerned about covering their ass than anything else, which suggests they are in the wrong and have a need for such a lack of transparency.

\

A police report on the death of Michael Brown is missing key information and violates Missouri open records laws, an ACLU attorney told Yahoo News on Friday.
The two-page document, which the Ferguson Police Department released only after pressure from journalists and civil liberties advocates, is largely redacted or left blank. The most egregious omissions are the victim’s name and a description of the offense – the fatal shooting of Brown.
“They are breaking the law,” said Tony Rothert, legal director of the ACLU of Missouri.

My first inclination is that Officer Wilson was injured and did a sparse and maybe unintelligible police report before getting medical help. But that is no excuse. Some one should have assisted and then Wilson returned after seeking medical help to make sure of its accuracy. The Chief of Police, sensing its importance, should have followed up to check on the accuracy of the report.

Last edited:
lol, some libs are so sensitive and are reactionaries. it doesn't take much or you get one of these..........the dreaded X:lame2:
:laugh2:

According to the article, this information has been requested and denied.

Well this is becoming a standard for Government. I wish they were more worried about our Federal government under Obama not releasing information asked for. Or losing emails just in time for an investigation...
That's why I don't take the ACLU seriously

BINGO!!!..............we have a winner.

\

My first inclination is that Officer Wilson was injured and did a sparse and maybe unintelligible police report before getting medical help. But that is no excuse. Some one should have assisted and then Wilson returned after seeking medical help to make sure of its accuracy. The Chief of Police, sensing its importance, should have followed up to check on the accuracy of the report.
The assertion that he was injured is completely contradicted by video of him after the shooting. He shows absolutely no signs of any injury. None.

I don't know the open records act or POST in that state but do know the ACLU well as I have seen their work for 35 years in the courts.
You will not find a more consistent unbiased organization in America. They are strong in their defense of religious freedom UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. Specifically strong in fighting for the rights of churches to keep their tax exempt status and also ACLU fights against bans on public street preaching that many cities and municipalities enact. ACLU has fought for Klan and Black Panthers and Communists and you name it to march freely as long as they obey the law. Defenders of THE LAW, THE UNITED CONSTITUTION, have a good friend in the ACLU. Of course the religious right that put God above and before the law, have little to no respect for the law if it interferes with their religious or other biased beliefs.

I don't know the open records act or POST in that state but do know the ACLU well as I have seen their work for 35 years in the courts.
You will not find a more consistent unbiased organization in America. They are strong in their defense of religious freedom UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. Specifically strong in fighting for the rights of churches to keep their tax exempt status and also ACLU fights against bans on public street preaching that many cities and municipalities enact. ACLU has fought for Klan and Black Panthers and Communists and you name it to march freely as long as they obey the law. Defenders of THE LAW, THE UNITED CONSTITUTION, have a good friend in the ACLU. Of course the religious right that put God above and before the law, have little to no respect for the law if it interferes with their religious or other biased beliefs.

ok good that's your opinion. , but what does that have to do with this case?

That's not his opinion that is verifiable fact you uneducated ignorant moron.

That's not his opinion that is verifiable fact you uneducated ignorant moron.
It's easy to quote in this format Guno. Just click on 'reply' and it automatically quotes the post to which you are referring.

The cops are smart enough not to be 'hustled' into giving out vital evidence of Wilson innocence to race whores like Sharpton.
The GJ will not recommend any charges be brought.
All it's going to take is a report by an attending physician along with the x rays proving Wilson's eye socket was broken. Fucking game over!
Then all you LIB fuck-witts can crawl under your covers and wait for another occasion to rush to judgement and make yourselves look like idiots again.

ACLU rocks. When police demanded motorists's DNA samples they were all over it. But in their advocacy of our Bill of Rights, sometimes they come down on the side we like, sometimes they don't. But it's unfair to bash and criticize them for simply being fair and neutral.

(hides his ACLU card.) ;)

Agreed, the Skokie march is an example wherein the ACLU alienated many. The ACLU supported the Neo Nazis right to march, anyone not unhappy with some of the matters in which they are involved, and believing they are correct in others, may not know a lot about the ACLU.

Forum List

Back