ACA Enrollments Begin Today!

Glad to hear it, I happy that people that want healthcare can buy it and we are now given a choice.

Do you know anyone who does not want healthcare?

I see plenty of folk who do not want others to have healthcare.

I hope all who want healthcare get healthcare. I pay a $600 plus a month premium, have an $1800 deductible, $20 co-pay, and 80/20 after that.

It's a terrible deal for the consumer and if a person is forced to buy it and doesn't want it, I am good with their choice, none of my business. Now, if you think that is not wanting someone to have healthcare, I can't stop your stupidity.

I won't bother reposting healthcare systems analyses if you're not going to pay attention. We pay more than any other society and we get shitter outcomes precisely because of how our system works. Yes, our healthcare is terrible deal for the consumer, consumers are commodities, our system is wealth extractive. It's just business. Americans pay more for healthcare than anyone else on the planet.

I'm not quite sure what "stupid" means in this society to most, but I learned long ago to avoid packs and group think.

which has nothing to do with my post. Thanks.

Perhaps you should consider reading your post again.

Glad to hear it, I happy that people that want healthcare can buy it and we are now given a choice.

I hope all who want healthcare get healthcare. I pay a $600 plus a month premium, have an $1800 deductible, $20 co-pay, and 80/20 after that.

It's a terrible deal for the consumer and if a person is forced to buy it and doesn't want it, I am good with their choice, none of my business. Now, if you think that is not wanting someone to have healthcare, I can't stop your stupidity.

it is your business because the cost of those that aren't covered gets recouped thru your premiums. you think those indigent are taken care of because hospitals do it outa the goodness of their hearts? & if you are going thru the ACA, any jump in premiums is because of the instability of the guarantee that bighealthcare is supposta get for their high risk corridors going back to 2015 & marco rubio's poison pill he put in the omnibus bill.

It cost either way. Whether the hospital gets reimbursed on the back end and raises their prices or insurance covers it on the front and raises premiums. A heart transplant would cost the same no matter if the person himself, insurance or the hospital paid and in many cases medical procedures are less when insurance isn't involved.
Insurance policy
How an industry shifted from protecting patients to seeking profit
How health insurance changed from protecting patients to seeking profit

Yes....the ACA.....Obamacare.....lives on. The number of options for consumers is greater than ever and the premiums have either gone down YOY or have remained flat....depending on where you live.

Need health insurance? Check out www.healthcare.gov and find a plan that meets your needs!

You guys want the people who screwed up social security ,the vets healtH care, college tuition costs and countless other shit to now dole out health care for all ...including the entire south and central americas populations that manage to get here

What could possibly go wrong

Will Low social credit scores will see an automatic cut to your aspirin rations

the premiums have either gone down YOY or have remained flat.
BULL SHIT!

COSTS TO THE GOVERNMENT HAVE DOUBLED...

Who the fuck do you think pays those costs?
It would be easy to pay for universal health care if the wealthy paid their fair share of taxes. Duh.

Define "fair share"

Half the country pays zero.
Yeah. The wealthiest pay zero. The wealthiest 1 percent of American households own 40 percent of the country's wealth. They don't pay taxes on a fair scale with the average working or middle class person because they get a shitload of tax deductions. Why are they rich? They make their fortunes off the backs of the average Joe. We make them rich and then we pay the most per income in taxes. Why do you people defend the ultra wealthy? Why does anyone need any more money than 1 or 2 billion $?
No they are rich because they are good with money. It doesn’t make them evil. Why? Because they earn it and they created 1000s of jobs. Don’t vilify the wealthy. That’s a communist action.

Yes....the ACA.....Obamacare.....lives on. The number of options for consumers is greater than ever and the premiums have either gone down YOY or have remained flat....depending on where you live.

Need health insurance? Check out www.healthcare.gov and find a plan that meets your needs!

I know people that get cut premiums however the deductible is to high for them to use it unless it is life or death.

Beats not having it. They get yearly checkups and other preventive care. Low cost or no cost colonoscopies, breast exams,
flu shots and other vaccinations....that is all required now.

And when it IS life or death....it prevents bankruptcy.

To some it beats not having it, to other the cost is something they can't afford. The only other thing on the list is vaccinations, I don't need them at my age.

you developed an immunity to the flu? every year? with every strain?

wow................. you rock!

I know people that get cut premiums however the deductible is to high for them to use it unless it is life or death.

Beats not having it. They get yearly checkups and other preventive care. Low cost or no cost colonoscopies, breast exams,
flu shots and other vaccinations....that is all required now.

And when it IS life or death....it prevents bankruptcy.

To some it beats not having it, to other the cost is something they can't afford. The only other thing on the list is vaccinations, I don't need them at my age.

Dude. The kids who live down the street from your grandkids needs them. Unless you want that kid to infect other kids.

Didn't we have free vaccines before ACA?

no.

it is your business because the cost of those that aren't covered gets recouped thru your premiums. you think those indigent are taken care of because hospitals do it outa the goodness of their hearts? & if you are going thru the ACA, any jump in premiums is because of the instability of the guarantee that bighealthcare is supposta get for their high risk corridors going back to 2015 & marco rubio's poison pill he put in the omnibus bill.

It cost either way. Whether the hospital gets reimbursed on the back end and raises their prices or insurance covers it on the front and raises premiums. A heart transplant would cost the same no matter if the person himself, insurance or the hospital paid and in many cases medical procedures are less when insurance isn't involved.

the cost is profit driven. take the profit motive out & the cost gets shaved from the start.

the cost is profit driven. take the profit motive out & the cost gets shaved from the start.
The cost is DEEP POCKETS DRIVEN. As long as the Godvernment pays the bills, prices will increase to match the deep pockets

Last edited:

The administrative costs of corporate state insurance swamps that of Medicare for zero value added. It is grifted off the top.

The cost is DEEP POCKETS DRIVEN. As long as the Godvernment pays the Bill's, prices will increase to match the deep pockets

The Godvernment is you, you pay. Less. Americans pay more than ANYONE now. So corporations can profit.

The cost is DEEP POCKETS DRIVEN. As long as the Godvernment pays the Bill's, prices will increase to match the deep pockets

wait - what? the gov'ment ain't paying these greedy bastards - they are getting it from YOUR pockets. happy enlightenment!!!

Axios: Health care executive compensation - 2018

the vast majority of the TOP 20 countries easily surpasses the US have universal healthcare.

They have surpassed nothing. People are dying waiting for a government controlled doctor to see them, regardless of the severity of the heart problem or wounds or disease. There is no free healthcare. Go to any hospital in Sweden and see if they will treat you soon and for free. The money for all this free health care comes from taxes that come right out of the citizen's pay checks. It is the opposite of free. It is mandatory and enforced.

There are no doctors in private practice. The gov. regulates them to death. It is no longer profitable to put in the grueling schooling, cost, internships, residencies, for so little in return. The countries you listed have no choice but to ration the doctors they still have. The people in those countries are sick of being taxed to the max and lack of health care and are turning back to private insurance companies, who receive preferential treatment.
They are warning us not to make the same mistake:

A recent study that examined over 5,800 Swedish patients on a wait list for heart surgery found that the long wait has consequences far worse than pain, anxiety or monetary cost. In this study, the median wait time was found to be 55 days. While on the waiting list, 77 patients died. The authors’ statistical analysis led them to conclude that the “risk of death increases significantly with waiting time.” Another study found a mean wait time of 55 days for heart surgery in Sweden and a similar rate of mortality for those on the waiting list. Finally, a study in the Swedish medical journal Lakartidningen found that reducing waiting times reduced the heart surgery mortality rate from seven percent to just under three percent.
Sweden's Single-Payer Health System Provides a Warning to Other Nations, by David Hogberg, Ph.D.

Tax the rich and the rich leave. France tried it already. The rich left. The middle class is now the soul provider for all the free shit. Learn from them.

Swedes and their children wait their turns. Some die waiting, some just get seriously worse before it's their turn. Learn from them.

Don't be stupid. Be informed.

Last edited:

wait - what? the gov'ment ain't paying these greedy bastards - they are getting it from YOUR pockets. happy enlightenment!!!

Axios: Health care executive compensation - 2018
Some folks choke in their own indoctrination.

the vast majority of the TOP 20 countries easily surpasses the US have universal healthcare.

They have surpassed nothing. People are dying waiting for a government controlled doctor to see them, regardless of the severity of the heart problem or wounds or disease. There is no free healthcare. Go to any hospital in Sweden and see if they will treat you soon and for free. The money for all this free health care comes out of the citizen's pay checks. There are no doctors in private practice. The gov. regulates them to death. It is no longer profitable to put in the grueling schooling, cost, internships, residencies, for so little in return. The countries you listed have no choice but to ration the doctors they still have. The people in those countries are sick of being taxed to the max and are turning back to private insurance companies, who receive preferential treatment.
They are warning us not to make the same mistake:

A recent study that examined over 5,800 Swedish patients on a wait list for heart surgery found that the long wait has consequences far worse than pain, anxiety or monetary cost. In this study, the median wait time was found to be 55 days. While on the waiting list, 77 patients died. The authors’ statistical analysis led them to conclude that the “risk of death increases significantly with waiting time.” Another study found a mean wait time of 55 days for heart surgery in Sweden and a similar rate of mortality for those on the waiting list. Finally, a study in the Swedish medical journal Lakartidningen found that reducing waiting times reduced the heart surgery mortality rate from seven percent to just under three percent.
Sweden's Single-Payer Health System Provides a Warning to Other Nations, by David Hogberg, Ph.D.

Tax the rich and the rich leave. France tried it already. The rich left. The middle class is now the soul provider for all the free shit. Learn from them.

Swedes and their children wait their turns. Some die waiting, some just get seriously worse before it's their turn. Learn from them.

Don't be stupid. Be informed.

Yes, let's:

Ranking 37th — Measuring the Performance of the U.S. Health Care System
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0910064

World Health Organization’s Ranking of the World’s Health Systems
Some people fancy all health care debates to be a case of Canadian Health Care vs. American. Not so. According to the World Health Organization’s ranking of the world’s health systems, neither Canada nor the USA ranks in the top 25.

Improving the Canadian Healthcare System does not mean we must emulate the American system, but it may mean that perhaps we can learn from countries that rank better than both Canada and the USA at keeping their citizens healthy.
World Health Organization's Ranking of the World's Health Systems

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World
The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.

The Commonwealth Fund report compares the U.S. with 10 other nations: France, Australia, Germany, Canada, Sweden, New Zealand, Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the U.K. were all judged to be superior based on various factors. These include quality of care, access to doctors and equity throughout the country. Results of the study rely on data from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the World Health Organization and interviews from physicians and patients.
U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World

HOW BAD IS U.S. HEALTH CARE? AMONG HIGH-INCOME NATIONS, IT’S THE WORST, STUDY SAYS
As Republicans struggle to agree on a replacement for the Affordable Care Act, the Commonwealth Fund has rated the U.S. health care system as the worst among the 11 developed nations it analyzed as part of an evaluation conducted every three years. The think tank also rated the U.S. health care system as the worst-performing of the nations analyzed when the last evaluation was released in 2014.
The U.S. health care system has been rated the worst (by far) among high-income nations

How does the quality of the U.S. healthcare system compare to other countries?
Bench-marking U.S. quality measures against those of similarly large and wealthy countries is one way to assess how successful the U.S. has been at improving care for its population, and to learn from systems that often produce better outcomes. The OECD has compiled data on dozens of outcomes and process measures. Across a number of these measures, the U.S. lags behind similarly wealthy OECD countries (those that are similarly large and wealthy based on GDP and GDP per capita).In some cases, such as the rates of all-cause mortality, premature death, death amenable to healthcare, and disease burden, the U.S. is also not improving as quickly as other countries, which means the gap is growing.
https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/#item-start

Health care should be driven by politics instead!

let's see, i'd rather THIS be politically driven:

Preventive Care
You and your family may be eligible for some important preventive services at no additional cost to you.

If your plan is subject to the new requirements, you may not have to pay a copayment, co-insurance, or deductible to receive recommended preventive health services, such as screenings, vaccinations, and counseling.

For example, depending on your age, you may have access — at no cost — to preventive services such as:

Preventive Care

than this:
The House has voted 54 times in four years on Obamacare. Here’s the full list.
ByEd O'Keefe
Reporter
March 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM EDT

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-four-years-on-obamacare-heres-the-full-list/

or this:

Trump Administration Asks Court To Strike Down Entire ACA
Katie Keith
March 26, 2019

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20190326.572950/full/

you sure you know what you are talking about?

In many advanced nations with real healthcare, for profit health insurance is illegal.

Not sure that has anything to do with my statement. I never said otherwise.

Health care should be driven by politics instead!

let's see, i'd rather THIS be politically driven:

Preventive Care
You and your family may be eligible for some important preventive services at no additional cost to you.

If your plan is subject to the new requirements, you may not have to pay a copayment, co-insurance, or deductible to receive recommended preventive health services, such as screenings, vaccinations, and counseling.

For example, depending on your age, you may have access — at no cost — to preventive services such as:

Preventive Care

than this:
The House has voted 54 times in four years on Obamacare. Here’s the full list.
ByEd O'Keefe
Reporter
March 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM EDT

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-four-years-on-obamacare-heres-the-full-list/

or this:

Trump Administration Asks Court To Strike Down Entire ACA
Katie Keith
March 26, 2019

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20190326.572950/full/

you sure you know what you are talking about?

We all recall Don's campaign promises on healthcare. Don had 2 year with majorities in both houses. Any legislation at all on healthcare? Well maybe on immigration then?

I won't bother reposting healthcare systems analyses if you're not going to pay attention. We pay more than any other society and we get shitter outcomes precisely because of how our system works. Yes, our healthcare is terrible deal for the consumer, consumers are commodities, our system is wealth extractive. It's just business. Americans pay more for healthcare than anyone else on the planet.

I'm not quite sure what "stupid" means in this society to most, but I learned long ago to avoid packs and group think.

which has nothing to do with my post. Thanks.

Perhaps you should consider reading your post again.
You Infered that I don’t want others to have health insurance, I stated nothing to the affect.

Forum List

Back