About closing dup threads

I note that MindWars, as a matter of practice, often includes, in his OPs, a screen dump showing that he did a search for extant threads on the topic, and found none. Yet he still manages, from time to time, to create threads that are duplicates of extant threads.

Trump sucks threads merged

Anything anti Trump? Have at it!!?

Piss poor moderation....with a tad of personal bias mixed in..... sounds much like CNN and MSNBC

I have been recently reading/posting to a thread about witness intimidation that is tangentially related to the impeachment hearing. I personally don't believe it should be merged with the hearing thread; however tangentially related threads often get picked up in these mass merges.

All of the fake 'Impeachment' scam threads needs to be sent to the Badlands; it isn't real news, and every thread started by Democrats with TDS is spam. They should read real books on criminal activity in politics, like Ball Of Collusion and the Obama administration's shakedowns of foreign countries, like the $145 million laid on Hillary Clinton by the Russians for the nice uranium deal she and the Democrats got for Putin, just to name one, relatively minor Quid Pro Quo that has real evidence, unlike the Democratic Party's 'Resistance' treason.

It would be helpful to readers if when a thread is closed as a consequence of an existing thread on the same topic that a link to the existing topic be included with the thread closure statement.

That is all. Thanks!

Or better yet, you can search for a duplicate thread first so we don't have to waste our time closing it or expecting us to do your work for you. Thanks

You notice how they always try to dance away from this, here's a guy trying to blame the OP for moderation's failing.

The OP is absolutely correct, I couldn't count the number of times I see something that looked interesting only to find "closed- multiple threads on this already". Yeah? WHERE ARE THEY? Seems to me if you've merged threads, you must know where they are. But no, let's blame the clientele, there's a good plan.

:290968001256257790-final:

It's very political which threads get closed and which aren't.
Apparently you haven't started a thread that already had 3 or 4 other threads on the topic, or were worded such that your title and their title didn't jive, but the issue was the same. I have, and I learned to spend a little time trying to be sure no one has started a thread about the same subject. Win some lose some, but at least occasionally you realize there's already a thread ready for you to post your 2Cents worth. :)

I will try to check, but it gets hard in all the forums and headlines people will make up.

Normally If i see a duplicate thread of mine, i will just bump theirs ( i dont want them to feel bad, because most posters are not flamers)
If each of us tried a little harder, we'd probably save the mods a couple of hours a day doing stuff we don't know about but that they can get tired of doing to much of the same mistakes people make. With the couple of hours, they might get to post their 2Cents worth too. :)

I am normally on at night and try to help kat when I can.(she is the third shift girl)
Snitches get stitches

It's very political which threads get closed and which aren't.
Apparently you haven't started a thread that already had 3 or 4 other threads on the topic, or were worded such that your title and their title didn't jive, but the issue was the same. I have, and I learned to spend a little time trying to be sure no one has started a thread about the same subject. Win some lose some, but at least occasionally you realize there's already a thread ready for you to post your 2Cents worth. :)

I will try to check, but it gets hard in all the forums and headlines people will make up.

Normally If i see a duplicate thread of mine, i will just bump theirs ( i dont want them to feel bad, because most posters are not flamers)
If each of us tried a little harder, we'd probably save the mods a couple of hours a day doing stuff we don't know about but that they can get tired of doing to much of the same mistakes people make. With the couple of hours, they might get to post their 2Cents worth too. :)

I am normally on at night and try to help kat when I can.(she is the third shift girl)
Snitches get stitches

But liquor is quicker

apologies to Ogden Nash

The OP is absolutely correct, I couldn't count the number of times I see something that looked interesting only to find "closed- multiple threads on this already". Yeah? WHERE ARE THEY? Seems to me if you've merged threads, you must know where they are. But no, let's blame the clientele, there's a good plan.

Exactly! Thank You! That's all I was asking for.

Exactly! Thank You! That's all I was asking for.

It stems from the illusion of "because this is in MY sensory experience, therefore it's in everybody's". Which is pretty mindless.

Forum List

Back