About ACORN...

Ame®icano;1715504 said:
Millions they already received over past years and billions they suppose to receive from stimulus package. Don't you remember?
Actually, they've gotten government grants that are used in very narrow ways to help poor people.

But if you know of any skimming off the top, please post your evidence.

you do understand that they PAY THEMSELVES to help the "poor".
Yes...but not out of the money they receive for grants.

Questionable activity does not only mean 'skimming off the top'.... this bogus organization is multi faced and tries to hide it's illegitimate activities behind their 'community work'... it has been shown with multiple investigations and indictments that this is indeed a very shady organization with perverse practices that is drawing monies from our tax system and government

What millions and billions have they bilked the system for?
I'm guessing he/she used "billions" as an exaggeration for affect. But let's be honest, they have taken millions from the system, and despite their continued irresponsibility, they will continued to be funded because people like you are afraid to hold them accountable for anything negative.
Really? You're an asshole, but thanks for stating your opinion.
LOL, great retort.

You keep fighting that honorable "scared white person" fight. Go get 'em tiger!

Ame®icano;1715504 said:
What millions and billions have they bilked the system for?

Millions they already received over past years and billions they suppose to receive from stimulus package. Don't you remember?
Actually, they've gotten government grants that are used in very narrow ways to help poor people.

But if you know of any skimming off the top, please post your evidence.

Dilloduck already answered to you on this.

Earlier I posted the link where ACORN, despite of all illegal activities involved in, sues government over "unconstitutional" defunding.

As we all know, the Congress voted ( H.R. 3221) to prohibit ACORN from receiving federal grants, and funds, along with any other organizations that have been indicted for a violation of any law governing the administration of an election for public office, including voter registration.

Now ACORN is saying that Congress bill is unconstitutional because of the bill of attainder clause while hiding behind a paper wall of nonprofit corporate protections to conceal a criminal activities such as voter registration fraud and money laundering. They also used money raised for charitable purposes for lobbying and political activity.

In other words, they broke the law and therefore they are not eligible to receive any more funding. I would not just cut them from future funding, I would make them pay back those $50+ millions they have already received and used improperly. But that's me...

Questionable activity does not only mean 'skimming off the top'.... this bogus organization is multi faced and tries to hide it's illegitimate activities behind their 'community work'... it has been shown with multiple investigations and indictments that this is indeed a very shady organization with perverse practices that is drawing monies from our tax system and government

Ravi's position is probably that they are entitled for funding. I would even make the arguement that funding them in the first place creates a negative effect as it establishes the afore mentioned assumption of entitlement.

I agree that Congress cannot pass a bill to specificlly shut down the organization. However, Congress is fully within its right to designate who will recieve funding and who will be defunded due to law violation. Will Congress action shut them down due to lack of fundings, I don't know. They should've think about it before they decided to violate the law. They got caught red-handed in illegal activities and now they're playing the victim.

Yes...but not out of the money they receive for grants.

and where does that money come from ?
Donations.

I'm still waiting for Americano to provide some proof...I guess I shall wait in vain.

Read my last two posts. Beside, didn't they prove on a video that they are experts of skimming of the books? Do you know why their offices are raided by FBI?

Forum List

Back