Abortion

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by xBiophagex, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +437
    So you think dictionary.com has a hidden liberal agenda and that they're secretly pro-abortion.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I suppose you think conservapedia is a viable source as well.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +437
    Where is this legal precedent that says fetuses are covered?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  3. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,670
    People reside in prison today having been convicted of homicide in the deaths of unborns. One can only be convicted of homicide if one has killed a person.

In Roe, the court said:

No case law existed at the time establishing the personhood of unborns. The same is not true today. If you are unable to look up specific cases, just ask and I will be happy to provide some although 1 is all that is necessary to establish the suggestion of personhood.

4. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,670
    The issue wasn't the dictionary, it was the person cherry picking definitions that support her argument and pretending that the remaining defintions do not exist...and further ignoring what legal dictionaries say altogether in favor of a single entry from dictionary.com when that same dictionary defined child as a human fetus.

Arguing not only semantics, but cherry picked semantics is the most insubstantial form of argument.

5. PratchettFan

PratchettFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,706
    I deal with legal documents all the time. I have to interpret legal decisions and statutes all of the time. There is no such thing as an order of precedence in a legal document. Item 55 has just as much authority as item 1.

If you want to stick to the law, no problem. Abortion is not murder and it is legal. I'm glad we have finally put this entire issue to rest.

6. PratchettFan

PratchettFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,706
    And there you have it. You begin by making the blanket statement that the right to life is paramount. But when it starts to become evident that this position takes you places you do not wish to go, you start to modify that position. Modify and modify until it just takes you where you want to go. Moral convenience.

That is the problem with the "pro-life" movement. You're not pro-life.

7. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,020
    It's cherry picking and semantics to you because the definition disagrees with you.

A fetus is not a child, no matter how much you stomp your feet and declare otherwise.

8. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,196
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs]Psyco - Lighten up Francis - YouTube[/ame]

9. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,378
    Legally abortion is not murder, abortion is legal. Now what about who has to pay for it? After all a porterhouse steak is legal, I have a right to chow down on a porterhouse steak, do you have the obligation to pay for it.

Abortion is an elective procedure. It is a woman's right to choose. As an elective procedure she should have to pay for it like having a nose job or a boob job. Some abortions are medically necessary. Some breast surgeries are medically necessary. Abortions are no different.

10. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,670
    Janitors in a hospital handle medical equimpent all the time as well. That doesn't mean that they understand them. Make yourself familiar with the order of precedence.

By the Roe decision itself, the case for abortion on demand has collapsed as precedent has been established for the personhood of unborns. Glad that is settled.