Abortion Trade Off/Compromise

43 states have some sort of ban on abortion - including deep-blue states
{ nfbw #481 to shvvtr #469 } My point was not that no states can place a ban on abortion. My point is that no state can force full term gestation on a woman when she has the means to travel to another state or get an abortion pill in the mail.

Last edited:
Marty,

I am making not straight forward. This is a compromise, I personally want to make it more liberal...

We could have a panel of doctors but this sometimes has to be done as an emergency. Other countries have seen mothers die while doctors try and find a lawyer. Again this is a compromise...

on your lastly point, I admitting nothing I just willing to listen and take your concerns and try and agree something that would be a compromise...

I think what can be agreed should be put in front of a US wide referendum... Possibly with preference vote on various options in law... A law before would be created that the out come of the vote would become law...
Good old fashioned will of the people...

US Wide is not going to work. Let the States figure it out.

Wanting to kill yourself is not an emergency, it's a mental health crisis, and if your only fix is aborting a 5 month old fetus than you have many other issues to deal with.

US Wide is not going to work. Let the States figure it out.

Wanting to kill yourself is not an emergency, it's a mental health crisis, and if your only fix is aborting a 5 month old fetus than you have many other issues to deal with.
So no compromise...

Have we figured out the problem... There is a lot there I didn't like but I was willing to compromise...

15 weeks is a compromise for me. I'd prefer 12.
But we could negotiate...

The reason I say we come up with options and let the people vote is because it means our discussions wouldn't be as important...

Example...
You could come up with a conservative view point
I come up with a more Liberal Viewpoint

And let the people vote on it..
Congress just agrees to accept the out come of the National Vote...

Could clear off a lot of various issues in one day...

But we could negotiate...

The reason I say we come up with options and let the people vote is because it means our discussions wouldn't be as important...

Example...
You could come up with a conservative view point
I come up with a more Liberal Viewpoint

And let the people vote on it..
Congress just agrees to accept the out come of the National Vote...

Could clear off a lot of various issues in one day...

This isn't a one size fits all issue for the country. That's why we wanted Roe gone.

A law passed by congress would be the same problem as Roe, unconstitutional and a poor fit for the issue at hand.

Forum List

Back