Abortion Polls and Hidden Conservatism

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Always a thought provoking topic, and one that will not go away!

I have written a great deal about the solid conservative majority in America. Most conservatives seem to think that Americans describe themselves as “conservative” when in fact they are not – but polling data on the public policy question of abortion shows that this is not true. In fact, this data strongly suggests what I have long suspected: many Americans decline to call themselves “conservative” when in fact they are conservative. When we grasp the madness and wickedness of leftism, this makes sense. No sane or moral person could ascribe to that that toxic misology.

What do people mean when they call themselves “conservative”? Most polls that dig deeper into the character of this conservatism – i.e., by breaking the broad category of “conservative” into “fiscal” and “social” – relate that more Americans call themselves “fiscal conservative” than “social conservative.”

What issues do “social conservative” respondents care about the most? The litmus-test issue for the last four decades has been abortion. So if “social conservative” is the smaller group of conservatives, and if abortion is the single most important issue to these conservatives, and if my proposition that America is overwhelmingly conservative is false, then an analysis of abortion polling should show that social conservatives are a minority of Americans. But that is not the case at all.

The disjunction in understanding comes when we allow the leftist establishment, which controls the connective tissue of the public mind, to form each question, to interpret each response, and to present as conclusions what pleases its bigotries – a condition of which all conservatives who think must surely be aware. We ought to expect this in polling about abortion, and this is just what we find......

Articles: Abortion Polls and Hidden Conservatism

Always a thought provoking topic, and one that will not go away!

I have written a great deal about the solid conservative majority in America. Most conservatives seem to think that Americans describe themselves as “conservative” when in fact they are not – but polling data on the public policy question of abortion shows that this is not true. In fact, this data strongly suggests what I have long suspected: many Americans decline to call themselves “conservative” when in fact they are conservative. When we grasp the madness and wickedness of leftism, this makes sense. No sane or moral person could ascribe to that that toxic misology.

What do people mean when they call themselves “conservative”? Most polls that dig deeper into the character of this conservatism – i.e., by breaking the broad category of “conservative” into “fiscal” and “social” – relate that more Americans call themselves “fiscal conservative” than “social conservative.”

What issues do “social conservative” respondents care about the most? The litmus-test issue for the last four decades has been abortion. So if “social conservative” is the smaller group of conservatives, and if abortion is the single most important issue to these conservatives, and if my proposition that America is overwhelmingly conservative is false, then an analysis of abortion polling should show that social conservatives are a minority of Americans. But that is not the case at all.

The disjunction in understanding comes when we allow the leftist establishment, which controls the connective tissue of the public mind, to form each question, to interpret each response, and to present as conclusions what pleases its bigotries – a condition of which all conservatives who think must surely be aware. We ought to expect this in polling about abortion, and this is just what we find......

Articles: Abortion Polls and Hidden Conservatism

Who ever penned that article is an idiot and most likely a liberal.

Forum List

Back