Abortion and how men are getting screwed.

Oh. On page one.

So why are you still here? *discussing* without taking a stance? How does that work?

What is your legal expertise, Prof?

If he doesn't want a kid he can terminate his parental rights and won't be legally obligated.

That's true....

But what if he doesn't WANT his child murdered? Sounds like everyone is thinking the man NEVER wants to have that child, but that's not true. If the woman doesn't want it, but the man does....what then?

Abortion is not ‘murder,’ no matter how many time you repeat that lie.

You are so wrong.

Oh. On page one.

So why are you still here? *discussing* without taking a stance? How does that work?

No people quote me and ask a question, I answer it.

Abortion is legal, I don't need a law degree to tell that information.

People can petition a court to terminate their parental rights.

Don't need a law degree to pass on that information either.

:cool:

I know. This is where drifter chimes in with how legal it is.

Doesn't matter. It's still a human rights violation, and it leads to other human rights violations and atrocities.

If he doesn't want a kid he can terminate his parental rights and won't be legally obligated.

Ah..there was this brilliant post...which is patently untrue.....was this your opinion? Or just a lie?

It is not untrue anyone can petition the court to have their parental rights terminated.

If it is granted like it is in some cases of adoption, that person has no legal or financial obligation to the child.

Oh. On page one.

Yes, we all know abortion is legal. You need to step up your game. You're stuck in a rut, einstein.

People can petition a court to terminate their parental rights. But that is by no means a guarantee that their parental rights will actually be terminated. Nobody would ever owe child support if that were true.

What is your purpose here? Just to utter inane untruths?

Ah..there was this brilliant post...which is patently untrue.....was this your opinion? Or just a lie?

It is not untrue anyone can petition the court to have their parental rights terminated.

If it is granted like it is in some cases of adoption, that person has no legal or financial obligation to the child.

Good grief shut up already. That horse is freaking dead.

Good grief shut up already. That horse is freaking dead.

Don't reply to me asking questions then.

I will proceed to answer others posts as I see fit to.

This thread is for everyone.

Oh. On page one.

Yes, we all know abortion is legal. You need to step up your game. You're stuck in a rut, einstein.

People can petition a court to terminate their parental rights. But that is by no means a guarantee that their parental rights will actually be terminated. Nobody would ever owe child support if that were true.

What is your purpose here? Just to utter inane untruths?

Here you go again.

You ask and I answer then you ask the same question ina different way and I answer.

The purpose was to answer the original posters question, which had nothing to do with what you have tried to derail the thread into.

What QUESTIONS did you ask? I wasn't aware I was responding to any question.

Why don't you answer mine? What is your purpose in this thread, if you have no opinion?

Because men don't get pregnant, that's why. They have no say in whether the woman has an abortion, because he isn't pregnant, and the pregnancy doesn't involve his body. She gets to make the decision.

which organ exactly does a fetus constitute in a woman's body....

What QUESTIONS did you ask? I wasn't aware I was responding to any question.

Why don't you answer mine? What is your purpose in this thread, if you have no opinion?

I did answer you.

I gave legal information to the original poster.

Other people including you quoted and asked questions and I replied.

In your case you mind read and then mis state what you think others think even though they haven't stated such.

You don't know what I think about the whether someone should abort or terminate parental rights.

You know that I have answered the original question with legal options that are available.

If you don't like it then don't make up things I never said.

My orginal post was all about U.S. law. Women claim "It's my body" but shouldn't men be able to claim "Well it's my fetus" since they are finanically obligated? Or emotionally devoted to it and want no abortion no matter what the woman says. Whether men want to keep it or not should be their legal option also don't you think?
I want to say that I would never abort a child, I am absolutely pro-life. I just want to discuss the one sided laws on this issue. In my opinion men have lost equality here and they're getting screwed.

My orginal post was all about U.S. law. Women claim "It's my body" but shouldn't men be able to claim "Well it's my fetus" since they are finanically obligated? Or emotionally devoted to it and want no abortion no matter what the woman says. Whether men want to keep it or not should be their legal option also don't you think?
I want to say that I would never abort a child, I am absolutely pro-life. I just want to discuss the one sided laws on this issue. In my opinion men have lost equality here and they're getting screwed.

(My bold)

Well, if the pregnancy is discovered early enough, the blastocyte can be harvested for either implantation in another uterus, or flash frozen for later implantation. The technology isn't absolutely foolproof, but it gets better with time. That is one way that a prospective father could have his rights in the fetus - if the prospective mother & the court agree.

The second point is harder to discuss. What "equality" have men lost? They never could/did carry the fetus to term - so that hasn't changed. Did they previously have a voice in whether the pregnant woman carried to term? I don't think so - & so that hasn't changed either. So what are we talking about - what does "lost equality" actually mean?

(My bold)

Well, if the pregnancy is discovered early enough, the blastocyte can be harvested for either implantation in another uterus, or flash frozen for later implantation. The technology isn't absolutely foolproof, but it gets better with time. That is one way that a prospective father could have his rights in the fetus - if the prospective mother & the court agree.

The second point is harder to discuss. What "equality" have men lost? They never could/did carry the fetus to term - so that hasn't changed. Did they previously have a voice in whether the pregnant woman carried to term? I don't think so - & so that hasn't changed either. So what are we talking about - what does "lost equality" actually mean?

It's simple, at this point the woman has all the options, the man has none. Why should the man not have the option of relinquishing all moral and financial responsibility, just as the woman can through abortion, if he has no desire to be a father?

Last edited:

(My bold)

It's simple, at this point the woman has all the options, the man has none. Why should the man not have the option of relinquishing all moral and financial responsibility, just as the woman can through abortion, if he has no desire to be a father?

(My bold)

The "options" are two: Carry the fetus to term, or not. The man's options are similar: Possibly impregnate a woman, or not. The mechanics are v. well understood - standard coitus, when the woman is fertile, may result in a pregnancy.

Couples that want sex without pregnancy have recourse to condoms, birth control pills, various spermicides, cervical caps, abstinence, & a couple more options that may be against the T&C of the board. (This is a family board?) Anyway, the options are pretty well understood, assuming that the couple isn't a couple of children.

I'll pass over "moral" responsibility, the case you're talking about is apparently simply a male who wants the pleasure without the responsibility. The "financial" responsibility - the State has an interest in assuring the stability of childrearing - that's where new citizens come from. & the State has a vested interest in its own continuity.

& thus the State WILL intervene to assure that the father (& occasionally the mother) pays child support. That discussion is either earlier in this thread or another related one. The State has always had this interest - but just as technology now allows women to avoid pregnancy, so too the State can now actively pursue "deadbeat dads" & ID them, & pursue them for child support. That's one of the prices we pay for "civilization", I suppose.

You can't just "light out for the Territories" any more, to coin a phrase. Welcome to the blessed 2013, Anno Dominae.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back