Aborting Down Syndrome Babies!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Thanks to Screening and Abortion, We Are Heading Toward a 'Down Syndrome-Free World'

On the way to work I heard a story on the radio about Iceland screening fetuses for Down Syndrome. 100% of the babies that test positive are aborted. Iceland is bragging they will be Down Syndrome free in one generation. Most of Europe is falling suit.

Is this a good thing? Pro-lifers are outraged and going to warpath over this.

I am a little torn. On one hand, I would elect for an abort if any of my kids had Down Syndrome. Parents should be aware their future child will be born with a major detect. Conservatives are hypothetical. The burden of a Down syndrome child is enormous - financially and mentally. Yet conservatives say after we force you to go through with the birth you are now on your own. I also do think the world would be a better place without Down Syndrome. So I lean towards testing, detection and abortion.

However, I see a slippery slope. Voluntary abortion could lead to forced abortion if DS fetuses. It might not stop there. What about children with the gay gene. Liberals have told us for a while that gays are born that way it's in their genes. What happens when a genetic test, detects the gay gene? Would liberals be OK with aborting a future fag, simply because he has the gay gene? Point is, consider the slippery slope.

Regardless thereof I remain in support of aborting DS fetuses.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I watch a Down's child every now and then, happiest, sweetest and a real cutie. He doesn't know he's different....and shouldn't be murdered because he is
Then we'll send them all over to your house so you can take care of them.

I watch a Down's child every now and then, happiest, sweetest and a real cutie. He doesn't know he's different....and shouldn't be murdered because he is
What's the matter with having the parents of the child taking care of the child? I understand that libstains have no personal responsibility for anything but you should stay out of matters like these.

But don't dare raise my taxes to care for anyone, I'm not that invested in a healthy society. We have a global colonial empire military that comes first.

Thanks to Screening and Abortion, We Are Heading Toward a 'Down Syndrome-Free World'

On the way to work I heard a story on the radio about Iceland screening fetuses for Down Syndrome. 100% of the babies that test positive are aborted. Iceland is bragging they will be Down Syndrome free in one generation. Most of Europe is falling suit.

Is this a good thing? Pro-lifers are outraged and going to warpath over this.

I am a little torn. On one hand, I would elect for an abort if any of my kids had Down Syndrome. Parents should be aware their future child will be born with a major detect. Conservatives are hypothetical. The burden of a Down syndrome child is enormous - financially and mentally. Yet conservatives say after we force you to go through with the birth you are now on your own. I also do think the world would be a better place without Down Syndrome. So I lean towards testing, detection and abortion.

However, I see a slippery slope. Voluntary abortion could lead to forced abortion if DS fetuses. It might not stop there. What about children with the gay gene. Liberals have told us for a while that gays are born that way it's in their genes. What happens when a genetic test, detects the gay gene? Would liberals be OK with aborting a future fag, simply because he has the gay gene? Point is, consider the slippery slope.

Regardless thereof I remain in support of aborting DS fetuses.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Like all abortion, it should be pro choices.

Every now and then. How noble of you. Try it full time and then your opinion will be worth a damn.

What a sick thing to say.

Yeah probably a good idea, you'd murder the little tyke

They're cute from a distance aren't they.

What's wrong with not wanting a child with serious health and mental problems?

So if a child gets cancer we can just kill it? How about an accident that confines them to a bed or a wheelchair? Kill the little inconvenience?

a child that is already alive is not the same thing as an embryo

Nice dodge there, moron.

But seriously, if a child is sick with "serious health problems" just kill it right? Some already advocate euthanasia for older people who are sickly, let's expand it...c'mon let's do it OK?

So if a child gets cancer we can just kill it? How about an accident that confines them to a bed or a wheelchair? Kill the little inconvenience?

Nice dodge there, moron.

But seriously, if a child is sick with "serious health problems" just kill it right? Some already advocate euthanasia for older people who are sickly, let's expand it...c'mon let's do it OK?

I would say that if the kid is already born that it depends.

If the diagnosis is hopeless and the child will be in unbearable pain why would you want it make it suffer?

Nice dodge there, moron.

If the diagnosis is hopeless and the child will be in unbearable pain why would you want it make it suffer?

Downs babies are not in pain.

Try again

What's the matter with having the parents of the child taking care of the child? I understand that libstains have no personal responsibility for anything but you should stay out of matters like these.
In nature, those that can't survive on their own don't. Why do you want to go against nature?

Nice dodge there, moron.

Downs babies are not in pain.

Try again

this is not about killing children that are already born.
Aborting a child that would have serious health and mental problems is a perfectly rational choice

Forum List

Back