SEN. Rand Paul on Paul Ryan's Obamacare lite: Speaker trying to pull the wool over the eyes of Prez

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
SEN. RAND PAUL ON PAUL RYAN’S OBAMACARE LITE: SPEAKER ‘TRYING TO PULL THE WOOL OVER THE EYES OF THE PRESIDENT’
The House Freedom Caucus was publicly against this strategy before Ryan even rolled it out
upload_2017-3-9_7-51-57.png

Sen. Rand Paul on Paul Ryan’s Obamacare Lite: Speaker ‘Trying to Pull the Wool Over the eyes of the President’
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well like i've said to many who are hung up on throwing blame onto the Republicans and ore Democrats
" Both sides are playing you" both sides play the same game and that is why they hate Trump he is not wanting to play their games.
This is why Rand Paul doesn't want in their game those who don't want to play the establishments game are taunted .

I like Rand Paul. I really do. He was the republican I wanted to win the nomination. He actually cares about the COTUS and the People.
But he doesn't have much room to talk about healthcare laws. He has been saying for months he would release his plan "next week" or something similar.
He needs to put up or shut up.

GOP framework for Obamacare replacement is short on details

The GOP proposal starts with a transition period out of Obamacare and into a new plan. It would encourage people to have insurance coverage with the help of advanceable, refundable tax credits adjusted for age. It would encourage small group health plans and provide $25 billion in incentives to states to set up high-risk insurance pools — more funding than was available to failed state high-risk pools in the past, according to senior House Republican aides.

The tax benefit for employer sponsored insurance would be capped — at a high but undefined level according to an aide — to discourage plans that enable indiscriminate health care spending, offering an alternative to Obamacare’s Cadillac tax, which Congress has suspended.

In place of Obamacare’s individual mandate, the plan would prohibit insurance companies from denying patients coverage or charging them more because of pre-existing conditions — but only if they keep continuous insurance coverage, although they could switch plans or carriers. It would also allow young adults to stay on their parents’ health plans until age 26 — one of the most popular pieces of Obamacare.

Insurers would be allowed to sell across state lines and medical liability laws would be reformed. States would get block grants to administer Medicaid with caps on how much could be spent per person, with accommodations for high-cost patients. A premium support plan — similar to the one Ryan outlined several years ago when he was the House Budget Committee chairman — would be introduced to Medicare.

“Directionally, this could be promising,” said Gail Wilensky, who ran Medicare under former President George H.W. Bush. “I doubt that you’re going to have people now supportive of the ACA who say, I now want this instead. But it gives people who are not happy with the ACA — which is a lot — [reason to think] this may be promising.”

Ryan has always framed his policy task forces — health care is one of six — as starting points to inform voters of the direction a GOP-led Washington would head. A senior House Republican leadership aide compared this to the white paper released by former Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus in November 2008, “which did not have any numbers in terms of subsidies or tax increases either,” which eventually became the Affordable Care Act.

“It is laying the groundwork for what the Congress and House Republicans would do next year through the committee work to put specifics behind the legislative proposals,” the aide said.

I like Rand Paul. I really do. He was the republican I wanted to win the nomination. He actually cares about the COTUS and the People.
But he doesn't have much room to talk about healthcare laws. He has been saying for months he would release his plan "next week" or something similar.
He needs to put up or shut up.

As with everyone else, he has to get permission from big pharma, the "health" insurance industry, Wall Street, and Goldman Sachs first.

GOP framework for Obamacare replacement is short on details

The GOP proposal starts with a transition period out of Obamacare and into a new plan. It would encourage people to have insurance coverage with the help of advanceable, refundable tax credits adjusted for age. It would encourage small group health plans and provide $25 billion in incentives to states to set up high-risk insurance pools — more funding than was available to failed state high-risk pools in the past, according to senior House Republican aides.

The tax benefit for employer sponsored insurance would be capped — at a high but undefined level according to an aide — to discourage plans that enable indiscriminate health care spending, offering an alternative to Obamacare’s Cadillac tax, which Congress has suspended.

In place of Obamacare’s individual mandate, the plan would prohibit insurance companies from denying patients coverage or charging them more because of pre-existing conditions — but only if they keep continuous insurance coverage, although they could switch plans or carriers. It would also allow young adults to stay on their parents’ health plans until age 26 — one of the most popular pieces of Obamacare.

Insurers would be allowed to sell across state lines and medical liability laws would be reformed. States would get block grants to administer Medicaid with caps on how much could be spent per person, with accommodations for high-cost patients. A premium support plan — similar to the one Ryan outlined several years ago when he was the House Budget Committee chairman — would be introduced to Medicare.

“Directionally, this could be promising,” said Gail Wilensky, who ran Medicare under former President George H.W. Bush. “I doubt that you’re going to have people now supportive of the ACA who say, I now want this instead. But it gives people who are not happy with the ACA — which is a lot — [reason to think] this may be promising.”

Ryan has always framed his policy task forces — health care is one of six — as starting points to inform voters of the direction a GOP-led Washington would head. A senior House Republican leadership aide compared this to the white paper released by former Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus in November 2008, “which did not have any numbers in terms of subsidies or tax increases either,” which eventually became the Affordable Care Act.

“It is laying the groundwork for what the Congress and House Republicans would do next year through the committee work to put specifics behind the legislative proposals,” the aide said.

The ACA actually came out of the Heritage Foundation, not Max Baucus' ass, although to be fair, Baucus' aim, as is Ryan's, was to serve corporate power, not the people. Look forward to "the greatest nation the world has ever known" clinging to the shittiest and most expensive healthcare system amongst advanced post industrial nations, it's just who we are. But boy, you should see our military.

Forum List

Back