ABC News and the biggest dumbass in America...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
My wife watches ABC News (yeah, yeah...)
So I am walking by the TV and I hear them talking about the new proposed regulations on mortgages. The no more than 36% debt ratio and 20% down required.
So (of course) ABC News is obviously against this. They show this guy talking about how "unfair" this is.

Are you sitting down?...

He goes on to say "seems to me this will limit peoples choices"..."especially first time buyers, they will be limited on what they can borrow, and they will have to rent longer to save for the down payment".

What freakin planet is this asswipe on? Did he miss..I don't know...THE LAST THREE YEARS of his life?

he will probably be appearing on MSNBC news next, and an editorial in the NYT.

Next time you catch your wife watching anything but FoxNews..

Slap the bitch...Its the only way she will learn

So I am walking by the TV and I hear them talking about the new proposed regulations on mortgages. The no more than 36% debt ratio and 20% down required.
So (of course) ABC News is obviously against this. They show this guy talking about how "unfair" this is.

Are you sitting down?...

He goes on to say "seems to me this will limit peoples choices"..."especially first time buyers, they will be limited on what they can borrow, and they will have to rent longer to save for the down payment".

What freakin planet is this asswipe on? Did he miss..I don't know...THE LAST THREE YEARS of his life?

he been brain washed, that all its about, period.This is always the moral hazard when one employs the 'buy votes by giving free shit to everyone ' yardstick.

...you see they SHOULD have a house...why? Because the Unicorns say so......they don't need a credit history, money down, a job...they have schmucks like us to pick pockets from. Oh and remember, our taxes are to low too. ;)

Are you sitting down?...

WOW..................that is some POWERFUL STUPID!
What kind of "outside the box" thinking is this?..................People should have some money before they buy a house?............They should only be able to borrow a certain percentage of the value of the house? ............They should have a JOB?

I didn't realize buying a house was a RIGHT. I thought I had to work for a few years, save up some money, live in a rental that was "below my pay grade", and then buy a house that I could actually afford.
Turns out I could have bought a $500k house right out of college! Man......I screwed that up!

Last edited:

Are you sitting down?...

The government should give everyone a house for free.

Long time ago, back in the '80's, I used to watch ABC news so much that when I was home late I had it taped and ready to catch up on. Then came the internet and talk radio...

Long time ago, back in the '80's, I used to watch ABC news so much that when I was home late I had it taped and ready to catch up on. Then came the internet and talk radio...

I really liked Peter Jennings. Maybe I was wrong, but I thought then the major networks were more even-centered than they are now.

I think those lending requirements are a good idea, although in a perfect world the banks would have set like requirements on their own and not been myopic about chasing quick money with shady practices.

From how I understand the situation, it would also be a good idea if banks weren't allowed to sell sub-prime mortgages or loans AND THEN split them into pieces and hide them in bundles of good loans... or at least should advertise on the bundle that there's some shit mixed in with the gold. Otherwise it seems deceptive.

I'll put this as eloquent as you deserve...fuck you.
Grown men wouldn't call any of their best friends wives a bitch even in jest...and the kind of morons who think it is funny is..well morons.

Grow up. If you think in anyway calling a mans wive a bitch is funny - it isn't. No one is laughing jackass.

Next time you catch your wife watching anything but FoxNews..

WOW,

Tough crowd today.

I thought it was funny, b/c is was supposed to be funny.

Now yall need to lighten up or Im gunna get some pipe hitten niggaz and have them go to work on ya. :lol:

aside from that.

This non-sense about making it easier to get a home loan is simply unfathomable.

It's like hitting your thumb with a hammer, then going to get a bigger hammer, instead of learning how to hold the nail.

Are you sitting down?...

Yes--all of my homes I had to come up with 20% down to buy a home. It's called saving money out of your pay in order to make that down payment.

In reality--prior to this--and the root cause of our Federal Government sponsored economic collapse--a person actually had more skin in the game if they rented. They would have at least lost their deposit.

Our Federal Government thought it would be a great idea to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country through Fannie Mae--Freddie Mac. While at the same time they were pressuring bankers to lower their lending standards. No down payment--sub prime mortgages--little or no verifiable income--and a lousy credit rating could still buy you a 400K new custom home. Why? Because they had 310 million American co-signers.

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - NYTimes.com

Forum List

Back