Abbas refused peace offer and state in 2008

That is probably one of the biggest mistakes the Palestinians ever done, Olmert gave them a proposal beyond their wildest dreams and Abbas denied.

That is probably one of the biggest mistakes the Palestinians ever done, Olmert gave them a proposal beyond their wildest dreams and Abbas denied.

so many lives and so much destruction because of that No

LOL. You mean a Swiss cheese state with no sovereignty. Even George W. thought it was a raw deal for the Palestinians.

" Earlier in the day, Bush said Palestinians deserve better than a "Swiss cheese" state fitted around Israeli land and security bulwarks."

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2008Jan10/0,4675,BushMideast,00.html

Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

LOL. You mean a Swiss cheese state with no sovereignty. Even George W. thought it was a raw deal for the Palestinians.

" Earlier in the day, Bush said Palestinians deserve better than a "Swiss cheese" state fitted around Israeli land and security bulwarks."

FOXNews.com - Bush Offers Peacemaking Checklist - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Yeah, if those Zionists really wanted peace why didn't they turn over all their nukes, fighter jets, tanks & all other sophisticated weaponry to the noble peace loving, life loving Palestinians to protect Israel?

FOXNews.com - Bush Offers Peacemaking Checklist - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Yeah, if those Zionists really wanted peace why didn't they turn over all their nukes, fighter jets, tanks & all other sophisticated weaponry to the noble peace loving, life loving Palestinians to protect Israel?

So, you disagree with GWB's assessment of Olmert's offer.

Out of context and cherry picked again, making this a troll post once again

You forgot to credit your quote.

Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. ~ Ignorant Ass

"You forgot to credit your quote..."

That bothers you (well, pretending it does anyway) ….but Palestinian terrorists don’t ?

Actually, I don’t know where you’re coming from pt frightmore . No one is forcing you to answer questions or give your opinion on things – but you hang around here, so people TRY and ask you direct questions...

.....sometimes you like to do the dance (around serious questions) - Like: What about that picture I always post of the palestinian female suicide bomber ? A young woman--look what “THEY” [the Palestinian “rulers”] did to her, and what she did to herself…and the picture itself, holding her son…..the evilness that picture exudes….

None of it bothers you? you must have some 'feelings' towards it…just wondering what they were ?

if....all of it doesn't bother you....you're dead behind the eyes…
The Palestinians stopped suicide bombing years ago.

You need to update your propaganda.

Of course Israel continues to bomb homes killing entire families and calling it self defense. What is your opinion about that?

That bothers you (well, pretending it does anyway) ….but Palestinian terrorists don’t ?

Actually, I don’t know where you’re coming from pt frightmore . No one is forcing you to answer questions or give your opinion on things – but you hang around here, so people TRY and ask you direct questions...

.....sometimes you like to do the dance (around serious questions) - Like: What about that picture I always post of the palestinian female suicide bomber ? A young woman--look what “THEY” [the Palestinian “rulers”] did to her, and what she did to herself…and the picture itself, holding her son…..the evilness that picture exudes….

None of it bothers you? you must have some 'feelings' towards it…just wondering what they were ?

Of course Israel continues to bomb homes killing entire families and calling it self defense. What is your opinion about that?

Thank you.

I guess the wall is working eh? But that doesn't stop the Palestinians from committing other terror acts like shooting rockets or digging terror tunnels, now does it?

I guess the wall is working eh? But that doesn't stop the Palestinians from committing other terror acts like shooting rockets or digging terror tunnels, now does it?
The Palestinians stopped suicide bombing as a policy around 2006. The wall was a long way to being finished and it is still not finished. The wall is not between Israel and the West Bank. Hamas, and other factions, have people inside Israel.

So that is just a load of Israeli bullshit.

The so called terror tunnels were 100% used against invading Israeli troops. That is not terrorism.

Just another load of Israeli bullshit.

I don't think so. If you go beyond the title and read WHY he rejected it:

Abbas made his comments in an interview on Israel’s Channel 10, which has been broadcasting a three-part series on the peace talks of 2000 and 2008. According to both Abbas and Ehud Olmert, Israel’s Prime Minister in 2008, Olmert presented Abbas in September of that year with a map that delineated the borders of the future State of Palestine. Abbas said that he “rejected it out of hand” because he claimed not to be an expert on maps, and because Olmert’s domestic scandals meant that he would shortly leave office (Olmert was later convicted of corruption). While both Olmert and other Palestinian leaders have previously said that Abbas turned down a peace proposal, this is the first time that the Palestinian Authority president has admitted as such.
It was all clandestine and required an immediate decision, and I seriously doubt Olmert could have delivered on it. Do you think he could have?

Israeli West Bank barrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Effectiveness
Suicide bombings have decreased since the construction of the barrier.[6][41] Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, Hamas, and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad have been less able to conduct attacks in Israel, which have decreased in areas where the barrier has been completed.[42][43]

The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Israel Security Agency report that in 2002, there were 452 fatalities from terrorist attacks. Before the completion of the first continuous segment (July 2003) from the beginning of the Second Intifada, 73 Palestinian suicide bombings were carried out from the West Bank, killing 293 Israelis and injuring over 1,900. After the completion of the first continuous segment through the end of 2006, there were only 12 attacks based in the West Bank, killing 64 people and wounding 445.[5] Terrorist attacks declined in 2007[5] and 2008[44] to 9 in 2010.[45]

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs predicts that completion of the barrier will continue to prevent terrorist attacks[46] since "[a]n absolute halt in terrorist activities has been noticed in the West Bank areas where the fence has been constructed."[42]

Israeli officials (including the head of the Shin Bet) quoted in the newspaper Maariv have said that in the areas where the barrier was complete, the number of hostile infiltrations has decreased to almost zero. Maariv also stated that Palestinian militants, including a senior member of Islamic Jihad, had confirmed that the barrier made it much harder to conduct attacks inside Israel. Since the completion of the fence in the area of Tulkarm and Qalqilyah in June 2003, there have been no successful attacks from those areas. All attacks were intercepted or the suicide bombers detonated prematurely.[47] In a March 23, 2008 interview, Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Ramadan Shalah complained to the Qatari newspaper Al-Sharq that the separation barrier "limits the ability of the resistance to arrive deep within [Israeli territory] to carry out suicide bombing attacks, but the resistance has not surrendered or become helpless, and is looking for other ways to cope with the requirements of every stage" of the intifada.[48]

The Palestinians stopped suicide bombing as a policy around 2006. The wall was a long way to being finished and it is still not finished. The wall is not between Israel and the West Bank. Hamas, and other factions, have people inside Israel.

So that is just a load of Israeli bullshit.

The so called terror tunnels were 100% used against invading Israeli troops. That is not terrorism.

Just another load of Israeli bullshit.

Palestinians stopped suicide bombing because Israelis stopped them by building a wall. Palestinian terrorists are no different than the savage terrorists in France today.

Effectiveness
Suicide bombings have decreased since the construction of the barrier.[6][41] Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, Hamas, and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad have been less able to conduct attacks in Israel, which have decreased in areas where the barrier has been completed.[42][43]

The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Israel Security Agency report that in 2002, there were 452 fatalities from terrorist attacks. Before the completion of the first continuous segment (July 2003) from the beginning of the Second Intifada, 73 Palestinian suicide bombings were carried out from the West Bank, killing 293 Israelis and injuring over 1,900. After the completion of the first continuous segment through the end of 2006, there were only 12 attacks based in the West Bank, killing 64 people and wounding 445.[5] Terrorist attacks declined in 2007[5] and 2008[44] to 9 in 2010.[45]

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs predicts that completion of the barrier will continue to prevent terrorist attacks[46] since "[a]n absolute halt in terrorist activities has been noticed in the West Bank areas where the fence has been constructed."[42]

Israeli officials (including the head of the Shin Bet) quoted in the newspaper Maariv have said that in the areas where the barrier was complete, the number of hostile infiltrations has decreased to almost zero. Maariv also stated that Palestinian militants, including a senior member of Islamic Jihad, had confirmed that the barrier made it much harder to conduct attacks inside Israel. Since the completion of the fence in the area of Tulkarm and Qalqilyah in June 2003, there have been no successful attacks from those areas. All attacks were intercepted or the suicide bombers detonated prematurely.[47] In a March 23, 2008 interview, Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Ramadan Shalah complained to the Qatari newspaper Al-Sharq that the separation barrier "limits the ability of the resistance to arrive deep within [Israeli territory] to carry out suicide bombing attacks, but the resistance has not surrendered or become helpless, and is looking for other ways to cope with the requirements of every stage" of the intifada.[48]

Abbas made his comments in an interview on Israel’s Channel 10, which has been broadcasting a three-part series on the peace talks of 2000 and 2008. According to both Abbas and Ehud Olmert, Israel’s Prime Minister in 2008, Olmert presented Abbas in September of that year with a map that delineated the borders of the future State of Palestine. Abbas said that he “rejected it out of hand” because he claimed not to be an expert on maps, and because Olmert’s domestic scandals meant that he would shortly leave office (Olmert was later convicted of corruption). While both Olmert and other Palestinian leaders have previously said that Abbas turned down a peace proposal, this is the first time that the Palestinian Authority president has admitted as such.
It was all clandestine and required an immediate decision, and I seriously doubt Olmert could have delivered on it. Do you think he could have?
In fact this is what Abbas says, but in reality he didn't provide an answer and said he have to think about it(publicly)
He also had no reason to negotiate and demand while not being able to understand the value of the terms and maps, I'm no expert with maps myself (kidding, I am) but basically it was 99%(Or so) of the WB that was offered to the PA.
Also note that Israel never would break such agreement and it could only play in favor of Abbas to accept such an agreement.
Nothing prevented Abbas from denying it (Unless of course it's no good for the Palestinians) shortly after.

Don't be mistaken, this is nothing but a political spin.

In fact this is what Abbas says, but in reality he didn't provide an answer and said he have to think about it(publicly)
He also had no reason to negotiate and demand while not being able to understand the value of the terms and maps, I'm no expert with maps myself (kidding, I am) but basically it was 99%(Or so) of the WB that was offered to the PA.
Also note that Israel never would break such agreement and it could only play in favor of Abbas to accept such an agreement.
Nothing prevented Abbas from denying it (Unless of course it's no good for the Palestinians) shortly after.

I don't know much about your political system - could Olmert have unilaterally have delivered? Given how controversial the issue is within Israel, and Olmert was very weak at the time with the scandals - could he have? Can a PM unilaterally do this (or, did it have the support of the parlement...?)

I don't know much about your political system - could Olmert have unilaterally have delivered? Given how controversial the issue is within Israel, and Olmert was very weak at the time with the scandals - could he have? Can a PM unilaterally do this (or, did it have the support of the parlement...?)
He proposed having the coalition on his side, Ehud Olmert inherited Ariel Sharon, even a null proposal by Israel's PM was expected to be honored, and don't forget Bush.
I Believe this is nothing but another political spin for the reason Abbas could poses the greatest card against Israel of all times, but he feared Israel would honor the agreement, and so it would be expected of the Palestinians, otherwise what reason in the world would stop him from signing the agreement just like many agreements the Palestinians signed and didn't honor later on? Think about it - what would've happen and what is the outcome.
Try see it that way-
Lets assume both sides signed the historical agreement.. then if;
- Israel would break it - Abbas/Palestinians wins.
- Israel would honor it - Abbas [SUPPOSEDLY] wins/ Palestinians wins.
- Palestinians deny it - He get to save himself by throwing it all on Israel.

Annapolis+Conference.jpg

Forum List

Back