Abandoned Cars In Houston

Hossfly

ZIONIST
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2008
Ft Worth,TX
Part of the 30,000 cars at the Houston Royal Purple Raceway awaiting insurance adjustments. 1/2 million cars damaged in Houston.

upload_2017-10-9_14-2-10.png

Insurance companies consider flood cars to be salvage and most will not insure them.

If you happen to get a good deal, and buy a flood on the cheap and then repair it. Even after clearing state inspection, you will still have "rebuilt or "salvage" on the title. Which will make reselling it in the future more difficult. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
Insurance companies consider flood cars to be salvage and many will not insure them.

If you happen to get a good deal, and buy a flood on the cheap and then repair it. Even after clearing state inspection, you will still have "rebuilt or "salvage" on the title. Which will make reselling it in the future more difficult. ..... :cool:

My wife bought a new car after Hurricane Hugo in 1989. It had been shipped to a Charlotte dealership after the storm from a Charleston, SC dealership. There were information ads about how to look for water damaged autos and when she started having ignition problems, I took it to my mechanic and he showed me where all the damage was hidden. I put in a claim with my insurance company and the Mazda dealer in Charleston had to replace the car. They were selling a whole lot full of damaged autos. I never did find out if they were fined or punished.

The main trouble with flood cars is if the water was deep enough to get under the dash board.

Then you are looking at a future of never ending electrical problems. .... :cool:

The main trouble with flood cars is if the water was deep enough to get under the dash board.

Then you are looking at a future of never ending electrical problems. .... :cool:

Or you could just buy a Fiat, and you don't need no steenking flood.

Last edited:
Fresh water flooding is bad but s
Insurance companies consider flood cars to be salvage and many will not insure them.

My wife bought a new car after Hurricane Hugo in 1989. It had been shipped to a Charlotte dealership after the storm from a Charleston, SC dealership. There were information ads about how to look for water damaged autos and when she started having ignition problems, I took it to my mechanic and he showed me where all the damage was hidden. I put in a claim with my insurance company and the Mazda dealer in Charleston had to replace the car. They were selling a whole lot full of damaged autos. I never did find out if they were fined or punished.
Fresh water flooding is bad but salt water is worse. One of your main computers is under your seat.

Fresh water flooding is bad but salt water is worse. One of your main computers is under your seat.

Yours certainly is. And I understand it runs on 214 volts or something.

Yours certainly is. And I understand it runs on 214 volts or something.

emot20.gif

Forum List

Back