AARP objects to Obama invoking group's support during debate

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
AARP objects to Obama invoking group's support during debate | Fox News

The AARP, which put itself in the middle of the health care debate by endorsing ObamaCare, now is telling President Obama to keep the group out of his political talking points.

The nation's leading senior advocacy organization objected after the president during Wednesday's debate twice mentioned the AARP while defending his health care plan and attacking Mitt Romney's plans for Medicare.

"While we respect the rights of each campaign to make its case to voters, AARP has never consented to the use of its name by any candidate or political campaign. AARP is a nonpartisan organization and we do not endorse political candidates nor coordinate with any candidate or political party," the group said.

But the AARP, while having gotten involved in the health care debate, stressed that it is trying not to take sides in the presidential race itself.

Like rats leaving a sinking ship:lol:

"AARP is a nonpartisan organization..."

Like hell they are.

Exactly. Too little, too late. When they sent my card, I stuffed all the paper in their return envelope and wrote that due to their support of Obamacare I didn't want to hear from them again. I must say though, the federal government could take lessons from AARP. The Social Security Administration can't even figure out when people are DEAD... but AARP, can find you no matter where you live on the day you turn 50. :lol:

AARP hung itself out to dry long ago and deserve exactly what they're seeing. Decreased membership.

Forum List

Back