A Woke Liberal Awakens

Reading his essay, one can feel the pain of this Liberal, he is finally accepting reality.
But.....there is more for him to learn....

10. “We wanted our kids to learn in classrooms that resembled the city where we lived. We didn’t want them to grow up entirely inside our bubble—mostly white, highly and expensively educated—where 4-year-olds who hear 21,000 words a day acquire the unearned confidence of insular advantage and feel, even unconsciously, that they’re better than other people’s kids.

Public schools are a public good. Our city’s are among the most racially and economically segregated in America. The gaps in proficiency that separate white and Asian from black and Latino students in math and English are immense and growing. Some advocates argue that creating more integrated schools would reduce those gaps. Whether or not the data conclusively prove it, to be half-conscious in America is to know that schools of concentrated poverty are likely to doom the children who attend them.”
When the Culture War Comes for the Kids

Now....a teachable moment:

11. I would be remiss to leave Packer’s soliloquy in praise of public schools, and his Liberal hand-wringing about the aid said schools would give the poor and underprivileged, without pointing out that no Liberal can respond to these facts: Personal responsibility tells the story.

These five factors determine how a student will do….not the public school, not teachers, not more school funding.
The number of days absent from school

The number of hours spent watching TV

The number of pages read for homework

Quantity and quality of reading material in the home

The presence of two parents in the home.

A Liberal with awareness, one who actually thinks, dang does that even exist?

Read what this Liberal journalist writes before you indict all of 'em.

He is painfully admitting the truth about Progressives/Liberals/Democrats

My guess is you've been hearing, at least as long as I have, how libs are smarter than everyone else. Only to find out that most just BS better than others. Now is this liberal journalist the one that has actually seen the light? Don't know, don't care, I'm just tired of the BS.

T.....he can't be the only one waking up.

LOL, that's true, although if USMB is any indication he may be the only one.

True....we do seem to have a bumper crop of imbeciles.
But it's impolite to call 'em imbeciles so we call 'em "Democrats." They seem to like that. ;)

Reading his essay, one can feel the pain of this Liberal, he is finally accepting reality.

10. “We wanted our kids to learn in classrooms that resembled the city where we lived. We didn’t want them to grow up entirely inside our bubble—mostly white, highly and expensively educated—where 4-year-olds who hear 21,000 words a day acquire the unearned confidence of insular advantage and feel, even unconsciously, that they’re better than other people’s kids.

Public schools are a public good. Our city’s are among the most racially and economically segregated in America. The gaps in proficiency that separate white and Asian from black and Latino students in math and English are immense and growing. Some advocates argue that creating more integrated schools would reduce those gaps. Whether or not the data conclusively prove it, to be half-conscious in America is to know that schools of concentrated poverty are likely to doom the children who attend them.”

11. I would be remiss to leave Packer’s soliloquy in praise of public schools, and his Liberal hand-wringing about the aid said schools would give the poor and underprivileged, without pointing out that no Liberal can respond to these facts: Personal responsibility tells the story.

These five factors determine how a student will do….not the public school, not teachers, not more school funding.

The trouble is they don't learn. When fed up with the damage their AOCs do they may move to a new town or state but then - like locusts - repeat the process that led to their discontent. It's not possible to undo the arrogance, sanctimony, and hypocrisy that underpin every "progressive's" vain, half-assed ideology.

I am again reminded of the 14 yr Seattle resident who, after helping to elect a "progressive" found her sanctimony to be more than he could bear and moved, leaving behind his fellow "progressive" comrades (and his rational neighbors) to live in the mess he created. His lament was first posted here over 1 year ago:

After 14 years, I’ve had it. I’m leaving Seattle

My guess is you've been hearing, at least as long as I have, how libs are smarter than everyone else. Only to find out that most just BS better than others. Now is this liberal journalist the one that has actually seen the light? Don't know, don't care, I'm just tired of the BS.

But it's impolite to call 'em imbeciles so we call 'em "Democrats." They seem to like that. ;)

upload_2019-9-19_15-0-44.png

The trouble is they don't learn. When fed up with the damage their AOCs do they may move to a new town or state but then - like locusts - repeat the process that led to their discontent. It's not possible to undo the arrogance, sanctimony, and hypocrisy that underpin every "progressive's" vain, half-assed ideology.

I am again reminded of the 14 yr Seattle resident who, after helping to elect a "progressive" found her sanctimony to be more than he could bear and moved, leaving behind his fellow "progressive" comrades (and his rational neighbors) to live in the mess he created. His lament was first posted here over 1 year ago:

After 14 years, I’ve had it. I’m leaving Seattle

I was pleased to see Packer's article.....but looking for a total turnaround is unlikely to be rewarded.

OK.....In the next post I'll mention the indelibility of Liberalism.

You'll agree.

12. Our Liberal pal Packer explains how blessed he is the have dark-skinned friends. In public school, his son had a friend, Marcus….

“His parents were working-class immigrants from the Caribbean. His father drove a sanitation truck, and his mother was a nanny …. Marcus was exactly the kind of kid for whom a good elementary school could mean the chance of a lifetime. His family and ours were separated by race, class, and the dozen city blocks that spell the difference between a neighborhood with tree-lined streets, regular garbage collection, and upscale cupcake shops, and a neighborhood with aboveground power lines and occasional shootings. If not for the school, we would never have known Marcus’s family.

…my wife was walking with them in a neighborhood of townhouses near the school, and Marcus suddenly exclaimed, “Can you imagine having a backyard?” We had a backyard.

They almost always played at our house, seldom at Marcus’s, which was much smaller… the glaring inequality in the boys’ lives.” When the Culture War Comes for the Kids

Oooo….the horror!!! The white guilt….open those veins!!!

13. For edification…”One reason applicants may be lining up to become a sanitation worker is the pay. The starting salary is low, $33,746, but when you factor in overtime, it averages $47,371 in the first year. And after 5½ years, the salary jumps to an average of $88,616 dollars. That’s not bad, considering the average annual pay for New York City transit workers is $77,991, New York City teachers is $68,151 dollars and New York City Parks Department employees is $50,042.

…there is ample opportunity for overtime pay, since sanitation workers also operate the city’s 2,300 snowplows. “When we have a big snowfall, we move into 12-hour shifts, and so they earn a lot of overtime,” she said. “Last winter was extraordinarily harsh, and people who might on average have made, say, $75,000 a year were averaging more like $95,000.” Sanitation gold: NYC garbage collection jobs in huge demand

I don’t know what a nanny makes, but I’m thinking they could afford a house with a backyard.

Sometimes I can’t stomach Liberals.

14. “Sloooowly I turned….step by step….”

From Abbot and Costello….but here the truth about Progressivism starts coming out….

“The school’s pedagogy emphasized learning through doing. Reading instruction didn’t start until the end of first grade; in math, kids were taught various strategies for multiplication and division, but the times tables were their parents’ problem. Instead of worksheets and tests, there were field trips to the shoreline and the Noguchi sculpture museum. “Project-based learning” had our son working for weeks on a clay model of a Chinese nobleman’s tomb tower during a unit on ancient China.

Even as we continued to volunteer, my wife and I never stopped wondering if we had cheated our son of a better education. We got antsy with the endless craft projects, the utter indifference to spelling.

…the mix of races and classes gave him something even more precious: an unselfconscious belief that no one was better than anyone else, that he was everyone’s equal and everyone was his. In this way the school succeeded in its highest purpose.” When the Culture War Comes for the Kids

WHAT?????

That’s what school is for???????

14. “Sloooowly I turned….step by step….”

From Abbot and Costello….but here the truth about Progressivism starts coming out….

“The school’s pedagogy emphasized learning through doing. Reading instruction didn’t start until the end of first grade; in math, kids were taught various strategies for multiplication and division, but the times tables were their parents’ problem. Instead of worksheets and tests, there were field trips to the shoreline and the Noguchi sculpture museum. “Project-based learning” had our son working for weeks on a clay model of a Chinese nobleman’s tomb tower during a unit on ancient China.

Even as we continued to volunteer, my wife and I never stopped wondering if we had cheated our son of a better education. We got antsy with the endless craft projects, the utter indifference to spelling.

…the mix of races and classes gave him something even more precious: an unselfconscious belief that no one was better than anyone else, that he was everyone’s equal and everyone was his. In this way the school succeeded in its highest purpose.” When the Culture War Comes for the Kids

WHAT?????

That’s what school is for???????

Ah, yes, the purpose of education. . . .

Social Justice according to Marx! 'It is Our Most Important Work': Why Social Justice in School Matters

Meet Mr. Ethnic Studies.

Jesse Hagopian teaches ethnic studies and is the adviser to the Black Student Union at Garfield High School in Seattle. Hagopian established the Black Education Matters Student Activist Award after he sued the City of Seattle for being pepper sprayed in the face by a police officer on Martin Luther King Jr. Day in 2015. Recipients of the award demonstrate exceptional leadership in struggles against racism—especially with an understanding of the intersections between sexism, homophobia, transphobia, Islamophobia, class exploitation, and other forms of oppression—within their school or community. Since 2015, nine Seattle Public Schools students and one youth organization have been honored with the award.​

Apparently Mr. Ethnic Studies is teaching children how to engage in illegal demonstrations: seize control of city streets, menace drivers, ignore lawful orders to clear the street, sue the city and make it impossible for the police to secure and enforce the people's rightful access to the public byways. Leftist reports of this degenerate's behavior in the incident go on about a Martin Luther King day outing, but actually the street takeover was lead by BLM, a movement based on a pack of lies.

The bias reporting tells you all you need to know.

Meet Ms. Collective Consciousness.

“I had never thought of myself as an activist just by doing what I love: serving students, their families, and the community I work with,” says Sacramento Spanish teacher Elizabeth Villanueva, who has changed the lives of her students by fostering social justice in her classroom and in the community.​

She started an after-school program that teaches illegal aliens to subvert the law and steal resources from American citizens.

Meet Ms. Rape Culture.

As a teacher and program director for the academy, Viray Santos serves more than a hundred sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a team of teachers. Student projects and actions range from supporting undocumented students to challenging the rape culture. All of the projects, events, pieces of writing, and the curriculum reflect topics that interest and impact the students.

“I think it is essential that we not only give our students content knowledge and hard skills, but we also instill compassion and a sense of accountability to their local and global communities. As educators, we have the responsibility to help young people realize their value and power. It is our responsibility to teach them how to look at the world critically, challenge systems of oppression and discrimination, understand how they can be agents of transformation, and inspire them to take action.”​

Last edited:
15. And here is where sentient individuals realize that when Progressives are in charge, ideology to the death is more important than the real mission of the institution:

“…almost every bathroom in the school, from kindergarten through fifth grade, had become gender-neutral. …All that biology entailed—curiosity, fear, shame, aggression, pubescence, the thing between the legs—was erased or wished away.

The school didn’t inform parents of this sudden end to an age-old custom, as if there were nothing to discuss. Parents only heard about it when children started arriving home desperate to get to the bathroom after holding it in all day. Girls told their parents mortifying stories of having a boy kick open their stall door. Boys described being afraid to use the urinals.

When parents found out about the elimination of boys’ and girls’ bathrooms, they showed up en masse at a PTA meeting. The parents in one camp declared that the school had betrayed their trust, and a woman threatened to pull her daughter out of the school. The parents in the other camp argued that gender labels—and not just on the bathroom doors—led to bullying and that the real problem was the patriarchy. One called for the elimination of urinals” When the Culture War Comes for the Kids

Well, Liberals….do you sacrifice your children for this insane ideology???

15. And here is where sentient individuals realize that when Progressives are in charge, ideology to the death is more important than the real mission of the institution:

“…almost every bathroom in the school, from kindergarten through fifth grade, had become gender-neutral. …All that biology entailed—curiosity, fear, shame, aggression, pubescence, the thing between the legs—was erased or wished away.

The school didn’t inform parents of this sudden end to an age-old custom, as if there were nothing to discuss. Parents only heard about it when children started arriving home desperate to get to the bathroom after holding it in all day. Girls told their parents mortifying stories of having a boy kick open their stall door. Boys described being afraid to use the urinals.

When parents found out about the elimination of boys’ and girls’ bathrooms, they showed up en masse at a PTA meeting. The parents in one camp declared that the school had betrayed their trust, and a woman threatened to pull her daughter out of the school. The parents in the other camp argued that gender labels—and not just on the bathroom doors—led to bullying and that the real problem was the patriarchy. One called for the elimination of urinals” When the Culture War Comes for the Kids

Well, Liberals….do you sacrifice your children for this insane ideology???

Chilling is the operative word that came to mind as I read the article. Another perfect example of a progressive nitwit who decries the excesses of neo-progressivism as if progressivism were not inherently evil in the first place. Worse, this fool reinforces the doom and gloom in his own children. How I despise such men. Is there anything more pathetic than a feminist man?

The bathroom crisis hit our school the same year our son took the standardized tests. A girl in second grade had switched to using male pronouns, adopted the initial Q as a first name, and begun dressing in boys’ clothes. Q also used the boys’ bathroom, which led to problems with other boys. Q’s mother spoke to the principal, who, with her staff, looked for an answer. They could have met the very real needs of students like Q by creating a single-stall bathroom—the one in the second-floor clinic would have served the purpose. Instead, the school decided to get rid of boys’ and girls’ bathrooms altogether. If, as the city’s Department of Education now instructed, schools had to allow students to use the bathroom of their self-identified gender, then getting rid of the labels would clear away all the confusion around the bathroom question. A practical problem was solved in conformity with a new idea about identity.

Chilling.

It was also kind of heartbreaking. As children, they didn’t think to challenge the new adult rules, the new adult ideas of justice. Instead, they found a way around this difficulty that the grown-ups had introduced into their lives. It was a quiet plea to be left alone.

Chilling.

The principal, who seemed to care more about the testing opt-out movement than the bathroom issue, explained her financial constraints and urged the formation of a parent-teacher committee to resolve the matter. After six months of stalemate, the Department of Education intervened: One bathroom would be gender-neutral.

Chilling.

It makes race, which is a dubious and sinister social construct, an essence that defines individuals regardless of agency or circumstance—as when Representative Ayanna Pressley said, “We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice; we don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice.”

Chilling.

Our daughter said that she hated being a child, because she felt helpless to do anything. The day after the inauguration, my wife took her to the Women’s March in Midtown Manhattan. She made a sign that said we have power too, and at the march she sang the one protest song she knew, “We Shall Overcome.” For days afterward she marched around the house shouting, “Show me what democracy looks like!”

Chilling.

Our son was less given to joining a cause and shaking his fist. Being older, he also understood the difficulty of the issues better, and they depressed him, because he knew that children really could do very little. He’d been painfully aware of climate change throughout elementary school—first grade was devoted to recycling and sustainability, and in third grade, during a unit on Africa, he learned that every wild animal he loved was facing extinction. “What are humans good for besides destroying the planet?” he asked. Our daughter wasn’t immune to the heavy mood—she came home from school one day and expressed a wish not to be white so that she wouldn’t have slavery on her conscience. It did not seem like a moral victory for our children to grow up hating their species and themselves.

We decided to cut down on the political talk around them. It wasn’t that we wanted to hide the truth or give false comfort—they wouldn’t have let us even if we’d tried. We just wanted them to have their childhood without bearing the entire weight of the world, including the new president we had allowed into office. We owed our children a thousand apologies. The future looked awful, and somehow we expected them to fix it. Did they really have to face this while they were still in elementary school?

What an absolute fool this man is!

Then the fool writes this:

I can imagine the retort—the rebuke to everything I’ve written here: Your privilege has spared them. There’s no answer to that—which is why it’s a potent weapon—except to say that identity alone should neither uphold nor invalidate an idea, or we’ve lost the Enlightenment to pure tribalism. Adults who draft young children into their cause might think they’re empowering them and shaping them into virtuous people (a friend calls the Instagram photos parents post of their woke kids “selflessies”). In reality the adults are making themselves feel more righteous, indulging another form of narcissistic pride, expiating their guilt, and shifting the load of their own anxious battles onto children who can’t carry the burden, because they lack the intellectual apparatus and political power. Our goal shouldn’t be to tell children what to think. The point is to teach them how to think so they can grow up to find their own answers.

Your privilege?! That's the take away here? Teach them how to think, he says. Find their own answers, he says; you know, to the nonexistent problems he helped put into their heads! No self-awareness at all.

16. Here’s where reality hit our Liberal pal in the kisser….

“…things began to change.

At the heart of the new progressivism was indignation, sometimes rage, about ongoing injustice against groups of Americans who had always been relegated to the outskirts of power and dignity. An incident—a police shooting of an unarmed black man; news reports of predatory sexual behavior by a Hollywood mogul; a pro quarterback who took to kneeling during the national anthem—would light a fire that would spread overnight and keep on burning because it was fed by anger at injustices deeper and older than the inflaming incident. Over time the new mood took on the substance and hard edges of a radically egalitarian ideology.

… its biggest influence came in realms more inchoate than policy: the private spaces where we think and imagine and talk and write, and the public spaces where institutions shape the contours of our culture and guard its perimeter.

Educators argued that the tests were structurally biased, even racist, because nonwhite students had the lowest scores.

Instead of giving grades, teachers at our school wrote long, detailed, often deeply knowledgeable reports on each student. But we wanted to know how well our son was learning against an external standard.

Banishing tests seemed like a way to let everyone off the hook. This was the price of dismissing meritocracy.

The tests had become secondary. This was a political argument.

Our son was among the 15 or so students who took the tests. A 95 percent opt-out rate was a resounding success. It rivaled election results in Turkmenistan.” When the Culture War Comes for the Kids

The Democrat Party is now running on full-blown anti-white racism, socialism, infanticide, opposition to free speech, substituting illegal alien voters for the American citizenry, and anti-Semitism… the knuckle-dragging, atavistic pagan party.

The results of handing power to this sort of cult can be seen in this Progressive school….

That would be America if they win.

17. America was founder to secure the unalienable rights of the individual, and protect same from the power of the majority, the collective.

In the following, our Liberal pal uses the term ‘identity,’ and this refers to membership in a group, a collective. And that is the aim of Democrats/Liberals/Progressives…..to erase the individual and pretend only the collective exists and has rights.

“the battleground of the new progressivism is identity. That’s the historical source of exclusion and injustice that demands redress. In the past five years, identity has set off a burst of exploration and recrimination and creation in every domain, from television to cooking. “Identity is the topic at the absolute center of our conversations about music,” The New York Times Magazine declared in 2017, in the introduction to a special issue consisting of 25 essays on popular songs. “For better or worse, it’s all identity now.”

…progressive politics meant thinking in groups. When our son was in third or fourth grade, students began to form groups that met to discuss issues based on identity—race, sexuality, disability. I understood the solidarity that could come from these meetings, but I also worried that they might entrench differences …”

Is this why we send our children to government school, to be recruited into groups with their thoughts restricted to perceived grievances of the group???

For Progressives it is.

What happens when you are a Liberal with awareness, one who actually thinks, and you become aware of what your party has become?

You write an expose, hoping to shake other Liberals into consciousness.

1.“The Atlantic reporter’s liberalism comes face-to-face with the radical left’s transformation of American public education.

2. Few journalists are as respected by, and respectable to, liberals as The Atlantic’s George Packer…His latest piece for The Atlantic, “When the Culture War Comes for the Kids,” is essential reading…. it relates, in Packer’s haunted and sympathetic style, the experience of having a child enrolled in a New York City school system corrupted by politics. For anyone who believes in individualism, the freedoms of speech and conscience, and the equal dignity of human beings, the experience sounds like a nightmare.

3. … his son had made it off the wait list at their preferred public school. … “It was a liberal white family’s dream.” He, his wife, and his son became invested in the institution. “The school’s approach — …. caught his imagination, while the mix of races and classes gave him something even more precious: an unselfconscious belief that no one was better than anyone else, that he was everyone’s equal and everyone was his.”

Then, Packer says, “Things began to change.”

4. …left-wing cultural politics developed toward the close of the Obama presidency.
“At the heart of the new progressivism was indignation, sometimes rage, about ongoing injustice against groups of Americans who had always been relegated to the outskirts of power and dignity.”
Theories of intersectionality and of “diversity, equity, and inclusion” seeped into business, politics, media, and education. “Its biggest influence came in realms more inchoate than policy: the private spaces where we think and imagine and talk and write, and the public spaces where institutions shape the contours of our culture and guard its perimeter.”

The new progressivism, … “It was as a father, at our son’s school, that I first understood the meaning of the new progressivism, and what I disliked about it,” he writes."
George Packer NYC Public Schools Story: Liberalism Meets Radicals’ Transformation of American Education | National Review

This Liberal was smart enough to understand the insanity that has taken over the Progressive/Democrat Party.

Seems many are just too ignorant, or cowardly to admit the truth.
What happens when you are a Conservative with awareness, one who actually thinks, and you become aware of what Trump and your party has become?

Evidently, you try to divert by trying to paint the opposing party in a bad light as an effort to hide the stupidity, dishonesty and outright corruption of your own party.

Nice try but There is nothing you can lie about that will not pale to the shit Donald Trump has doneof which you approve.

Packing his pockets with government money, stealing children,. making air dirtier, water more polluted, creating a future for your own children that will be more difficult, skyrocket the deficit, and lie many times every day.

A Liberal with awareness, one who actually thinks, dang does that even exist?

As evident by those red hats they wear.

What happens when you are a Liberal with awareness, one who actually thinks, and you become aware of what your party has become?

1.“The Atlantic reporter’s liberalism comes face-to-face with the radical left’s transformation of American public education.

2. Few journalists are as respected by, and respectable to, liberals as The Atlantic’s George Packer…His latest piece for The Atlantic, “When the Culture War Comes for the Kids,” is essential reading…. it relates, in Packer’s haunted and sympathetic style, the experience of having a child enrolled in a New York City school system corrupted by politics. For anyone who believes in individualism, the freedoms of speech and conscience, and the equal dignity of human beings, the experience sounds like a nightmare.

3. … his son had made it off the wait list at their preferred public school. … “It was a liberal white family’s dream.” He, his wife, and his son became invested in the institution. “The school’s approach — …. caught his imagination, while the mix of races and classes gave him something even more precious: an unselfconscious belief that no one was better than anyone else, that he was everyone’s equal and everyone was his.”

4. …left-wing cultural politics developed toward the close of the Obama presidency.
“At the heart of the new progressivism was indignation, sometimes rage, about ongoing injustice against groups of Americans who had always been relegated to the outskirts of power and dignity.”
Theories of intersectionality and of “diversity, equity, and inclusion” seeped into business, politics, media, and education. “Its biggest influence came in realms more inchoate than policy: the private spaces where we think and imagine and talk and write, and the public spaces where institutions shape the contours of our culture and guard its perimeter.”

The new progressivism, … “It was as a father, at our son’s school, that I first understood the meaning of the new progressivism, and what I disliked about it,” he writes."
George Packer NYC Public Schools Story: Liberalism Meets Radicals’ Transformation of American Education | National Review

This Liberal was smart enough to understand the insanity that has taken over the Progressive/Democrat Party.

This from a people who let Donald Trump take over their party?
Please.

I'm sorry but this is just to ridiculous.

1) You assfucks let a con man liar, woman assaulter, business cheat, accused rapist, Trasher of veterans, bigot, racist, and reality show host take over your party. You have zero ground to talk about anything, person, or group taking over the Democrat party.

2) Your idea of education is teaching that God created everything, science is a joke, homosexuals are sinners, you have no control over your body, Muslims are evil. corporate greed rules, deficits don't matter, and God gave us the Earth to rape, pillage & plunder.

Every one of your posts are nothing but an effort to change the subject & divert attention to the disgusting, America killing asshole you put in the While House.

What happens when you are a Conservative with awareness, one who actually thinks, and you become aware of what Trump and your party has become?

Evidently, you try to divert by trying to paint the opposing party in a bad light as an effort to hide the stupidity, dishonesty and outright corruption of your own party.

Nice try but There is nothing you can lie about that will not pale to the shit Donald Trump has doneof which you approve.

Packing his pockets with government money, stealing children,. making air dirtier, water more polluted, creating a future for your own children that will be more difficult, skyrocket the deficit, and lie many times every day.

"What happens when you are a Conservative with awareness, one who actually thinks, and you become aware of what Trump and your party has become?"

I love when RealDumb posts, as he is the stereotype of the indoctrinated government school grad.

Watch this:

The Democrat Party is now running on full-blown anti-white racism, socialism, infanticide, opposition to free speech, substituting illegal alien voters for the American citizenry, and anti-Semitism… the knuckle-dragging, atavistic pagan party.

I can document every claim I made above.

"you become aware of what Trump and your party has become?"

How about you provide a comparable statement about what the GOP has become....and be able to document same.

You mean those "scary" red hats...dumbass.

KNPQP2NC4RAA5I6TIDQET3FLUQ.jpg

Forum List

Back