030-3.jpg

yes yes we are getting to the walk:

the shrinking wood pile....we have enough wood for 3 normal winters

014-2.jpg

jake is up for adventure:

015-3.jpg

clark is beginning to be very vocal about walking in deep snow:

017-2.jpg

Thanks for sharing!! Great pictures. You do bee hives - you probably have the best pure honey in the county! Damn I can remember when ... and the combs were good to chew on, too.

you can still chew the combs but most beekeepers are trying to keep the wax combs....takes a lot of bee energy to replace them...plus people always ask about comb honey but then they dont buy it....we produce an excellent honey

Nice. I drove out to the Lake (Erie). I wish I would have taken my camera. The shoreline is ice and piles of blown snow but you can still see the water about a quarter of a mile out.
Funny how many people are out there looking at the lake this time of year.

you can still chew the combs but most beekeepers are trying to keep the wax combs....takes a lot of bee energy to replace them...plus people always ask about comb honey but then they dont buy it....we produce an excellent honey

I'll bet!! Would love to be able to get some of it.

bones, you've inspired me. I have to go to SC next week for a trade show (guns). May make a week out of it. Couple of nights in SC, then I'll pack up and head to NC to get in some fishing. Probably work my way from Charlotte, down to Brevard, then over to Robbinsville and back home.

Great pics! Nothing like NC in the snow!

Nice pics, bones. About your bees... One of the young kids that lives nearby has had a couple of hives here on our farm for a couple of years. Last year the bees in both the hives all died. Also from a couple of other hives he has stuck here and there. Something about a bee virus going around. Have you lost any bees due to this virus thing?

Forum List

Back