A third of the world could live in places as hot as the Sahara desert by 2070, World Economic Forum warns

1589744197206.png

Invest in spice production now. Got it!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Yes we must learn the lessons of The Sahara and not repeat the horrible human caused climate change that turned a lush tropical paradise into the world's biggest desert.
Also idiotic. First, we are talking about temperature, not aridity. Second, While, for example, huge forest fires can have different causes, one of them can be the actions of mankind. Same for climate change.

its the end of the world if we dont do something, my friends!

LOL!

We don't have to do jackshit. The sun is going into a solar minimum according to all the knowledgeable climate scientists. We are going to have a mini ice age just like we do quite frequently. Two or three decades of some pretty damn cold weather. Just like we had here in central Florida last week when we had lows in the 40s. That is January cold in May for Florida.

No need to worry.

Yes we must learn the lessons of The Sahara and not repeat the horrible human caused climate change that turned a lush tropical paradise into the world's biggest desert.
Which means that the climate change that caused the Sahara was probably caused by those evil monkeys the Democrats descended from...

The movement of tectonic plates that created the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps also sparked the drying of the Sahara some 7 million years ago, according to the latest computer simulations of Earth’s ancient climate.

The Earth has a 4.6-billion-year history. However, Homo sapiens (modern humans) only evolved between 400,000 and 250,000 years ago. Humans evolved from the family hominid (great apes) that have existed on Earth for around 20 million years.

2070??? My weather guy can't even tell me with any accuracy what the weather will be next week let alone in 50 years....
How stupid. This is climate, not weather.
Ahhh bologna that's the stupidest excuse there is...if you can read a weather map for 40 years from now you should be an expert at next weeks.....

There seems to be a serious misconception about why deserts are deserts ... theses are areas of descending air ... air rises along the equator and 60º latitude ... air falls at 30º latitude and the poles ... as air descends, it's relative humidity falls and thus we have very dry conditions at the surface ... both along the "horse latitudes" (or desert belts) and at the poles ...

Got that? ... falling air causes the deserts to be DRY ... and YES, Antarctica is a desert, hardly ever snows or rains there ...

Next, dry air warms and cools faster than wet air ... it has to do with the heat capacity values, air is small, water vapor is large ... thus the DRY air causes temperatures to rise higher during the day and DRY air causes temperatures to fall lower at night ...

Remember that cause-and-effect chain ... descending air causes the air to dry out, which in turn causes high daytime temperatures ... in that order and no other ...

Folks in the USA east of the Rockies know perfectly well that RHs are rarely below 10% ... usually above 50% even at the daily peak temperature ... that stops temperatures from getting too high ... yeah, I'd rather be in Barstow, CA with 115ºF and 5% RH than Atlanta, GA with 90ºF and 90% RH ... there's nothing about global warming that changes relative humidity ... in 70 years, and under the same dynamic meteorological conditions, Barstow will be 117ºF @ the same 5% RH and Atlanta will be 91ºF @ the same 90% RH ...

Unless 1/3 the world's population moves to the Sahara, this 1/3 won't experience Sahara-like conditions ... CNBC should stick to business news reporting ...

its the end of the world if we dont do something, my friends!

Did anyone here bother to read the "science" paper?

By the way I started a thread on this very thing almost TWO WEEKS ago, there you can read why I consider the paper as garbage and stupid:

My May 4, 2020 thread,

Climate Claim: By 2070 Average Temperatures be “Unsuitable for Human Life to Flourish”

LINK

Forum List

Back