A simple question...

It's not the GOPs responsibility to create jobs. Heck, it's not the governments.

What the GOP needs to do is what they were elected to do: Cut the deficit. And this 4% is a drop in the bucket. We need real cuts. We need our budget balanced and we need to stop spending money we don't have. Until we fix this problem, we will continue to have economic instability because any intelligent person realizes that the government being overextended and broke does not bode well for the economy.

Q: What was God's purpose before He created the universe?

Yes it is Congress's job.
economic recovery is what is most vital. Cutting the deficit comes second. The recovery is very real, with unemployment now at 8.8, but it is fragile. Cutting discretionary spending and scoring cheap political points against unions would do nothing in the long run but destroy the recovery. Where is the logic in depriving people of their productivity, by destroying education and infrastructure? Also, where is the logic in countering the deficit without raising taxes? If I am in debt x number of dollars, how is not making any money going to help me?

No one is trying to deprive union members of their productivity, for what it is worth, or score cheap political points against them, but the fact that they are partially responsible for the ecomic condition we are now in, and having the power to shut down our government, makes them dangerous to the welfare of us all. How you think reining in the power of the teachers' and other government unions will destroy education and infrastructure is a mystery, because they are the ones who are contributing to the economic death of America. How will it adversely affect teachers if there is no union to keep them in a job no matter how poor their performance? How will non-union road builders and other contractors affect the building of the infrastructure? On the contrary, employees who must produce good effects are good for America, not unionists who are able to retain their sinecures no matter whether they are productive or not.

These clowns in Washington aren't going to do shit. They talk the talk, but they'll never walk the walk. Anyone who truly wants to reduce the deficit will realize two things. First, cuts need to be made in SS, Medicare, and military spending. In order to make legitimate cuts into SS and Mediare, the retirement age must be raised and it must be done in a fairly aggressive manner. Secondly, taxes must be raised. Tax cuts are not going to help create that many new jobs if the deficit continues to grow and leads us into much higher inflation along with even more debt. So until our elected officials start discussing what really needs to be done, they are all just full of shit, Republicans and Democrats alike.

What about aid to parasitic countries like Israel?

Yes it is Congress's job.
economic recovery is what is most vital. Cutting the deficit comes second. The recovery is very real, with unemployment now at 8.8, but it is fragile. Cutting discretionary spending and scoring cheap political points against unions would do nothing in the long run but destroy the recovery. Where is the logic in depriving people of their productivity, by destroying education and infrastructure? Also, where is the logic in countering the deficit without raising taxes? If I am in debt x number of dollars, how is not making any money going to help me?

It's impossible to estimate the length and breadth of the ignorance that supports this opinion.

Right now, to support the kind of logic that you employ, the Feds are burrowing from our children and grandchildren and their children, 40% of the budget. Bush was a big spender, but his lack of control is dwarfed by the current bunch. How much of your household budget do you have to burrow to support your activities?

As a country, we were swindled into spending about a Trillion Dollars on the Failed Stimulus. If this does not illustrate the vacuum within the emptiness of your thinking, nothing will.
It's impossible to estimate the length and breadth of the ignorance that supports this opinion.

Right now, to support the kind of logic that you employ, the Feds are burrowing(sic...'Bagger-style) from our children and grandchildren and their children, 40% of the budget.

As a country, we were swindled into spending who-knows-HOW-much on The DICK; Cheney's
WAR FOR PROFIT!!!!!

If this does not illustrate the vacuum within the emptiness of your thinking, nothing will!!!

"I think what’s happening over there is an orgy of greed here with contractors," says North Dakota Sen. Byron Dorgan.

He is the chairman of the Democratic Party Policy Committee, and says Custer Battles is small potatoes compared to behemoths like Halliburton and its subsidiary, Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR), who have collected half of all the money awarded to contractors in Iraq, and, according to Department of Defense auditors, have over-billed taxpayers more than a billion dollars.

Dorgan’s committee has held hearings and heard testimony that Halliburton has overcharged for meals, and fuel and gouged taxpayers on items like hand towels."

You "conservatives" FUCKED-UP!!

'FE$$-UP!!!!!

jcash.jpg

Is Che Guevara your hero?

"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." John Maynard Keynes
Bingo!!!!!

"I spent 33 years and 4 months in active service as a member of our country's most agile military force--the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. I suspected I was part of a racket all the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service."

Quote: Originally Posted by midcan5
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." John Maynard Keynes

If Keynes said this, he was sadly lacking in grammar knowledge.

The GOP has no plan to make things better.

That's not the agenda.

That isnt obvious?

The fact that anyone is waiting for a politician to make things better demonstrates a complete lack of understandinf of economics and is a large part of the problem that is afflicting this nation.

Politicians could stimulate the economy by doing away with many of their laws, rules, regulations etc., that are now holding back the businesses that are leaving to go to overseas countries and that are waiting for a good reason to expand and start building and hiring that hasn't been in evidence for a long time due to the criminals in congress who will get on their knees for any amount of corrupt money.

What is the GOP plan for creating jobs, exactly? I have never met anyone, or heard/read any commentator or politician, who can explain this.
This doesn't bode well for denying Obama a second term.

If you believe that the GOP really wants to do what they talk about doing, which is to cut spending,
then the GOP's plan is to eliminate jobs, not create jobs. Quite simply put, Government is the country's biggest single investor. Government money creates jobs - not just government jobs, but private sector jobs.

The government has no money. All the wealth in the treasury is the property of the people, not the government; to get money, the government has to use strong-arm tactics to rob the people of their property, and then dole it back out to their favorites. We, as Americans, need to understand this.

If you don't think the government creates jobs, count up how many people work in the defense industry funded by government contracts...for starters...

You think about where that money comes from.

Of course now, and for a long time, actually, the government has been borrowing billions to create those jobs. The GOP wants to spend less, or at least they say they do,

and that's fine, but the single biggest consequence of the government spending less will be job elimination.

What school of economics did you attend, old sport, to think like that?

Any Republican who tells you that they want to cut spending to create jobs and get the economy moving is simply talking nonsense, but,

of course they have to talk nonsense like that because a job elimination agenda, i.e., the GOP's agenda, isn't exactly a political winner.

You have an amazing lack of knowledge and/or common sense.

That's not the agenda.

That isnt obvious?

The fact that anyone is waiting for a politician to make things better demonstrates a complete lack of understandinf of economics and is a large part of the problem that is afflicting this nation.

Then you agree with me, that the GOP agenda, if you believe it, is to eliminate hundreds of thousands of American jobs - both public and private sector - that are directly or indirectly dependent on government spending,

in order to balance the budget.

Why aren't the Republicans saying that then? Why are they lying to us?

They are greedy politicians, that's why.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!

YouTube - iraq for sale part 1

$ $ $ $

images

Provide for us the clause in the Constitution where in the Federal Government is granted the power to create JOBS.
Shouldn't you be asking The DICK; Cheney where HE found it????

:eusa_eh:

Mr. Shaman, I am just curious about why you want to display such a large and varied signature in here. Is it so people will recognize that it is your post and be able to pass it by, or is it because it makes you feel more important than a regular sized sig?

Last edited:
omg you are a horrid one shaman. Not all conservative-minded individuals turn into pussies, thank you very much. Whereas i could easily agree with what you post, your generalizations make you appear quite the ass.

you are spot on!

What is the GOP plan for creating jobs, exactly? I have never met anyone, or heard/read any commentator or politician, who can explain this.

If you believe that the GOP really wants to do what they talk about doing, which is to cut spending,
then the GOP's plan is to eliminate jobs, not create jobs. Quite simply put, Government is the country's biggest single investor. Government money creates jobs - not just government jobs, but private sector jobs.

The government has no money. All the wealth in the treasury is the property of the people, not the government; to get money, the government has to use strong-arm tactics to rob the people of their property, and then dole it back out to their favorites. We, as Americans, need to understand this.

If you don't think the government creates jobs, count up how many people work in the defense industry funded by government contracts...for starters...

Of course now, and for a long time, actually, the government has been borrowing billions to create those jobs. The GOP wants to spend less, or at least they say they do,

and that's fine, but the single biggest consequence of the government spending less will be job elimination.

Any Republican who tells you that they want to cut spending to create jobs and get the economy moving is simply talking nonsense, but,

of course they have to talk nonsense like that because a job elimination agenda, i.e., the GOP's agenda, isn't exactly a political winner.

What did I say that wasn't factual? Why don't you start with that, something simple. You're not ready to leave the shallow end.

we're going to have America declared a "christian nation"

and then state that ONLY christians are CITIZENS

and only CITIZENS have rights

then we'll fire all the liberals (who hate god) and atheists and muslims and wiccans...etc

and ONLY hire conservative christians!

once we get of the America haters there will be plenty of jobs for us REAL Americans
:eek:

You were being sarcastic, right?

That's not the agenda.

That isnt obvious?

.....Especially after all the effort those politicians put-into creating tax-benefits for those folks who wanted to move their businesses outside the U.S.!!

holy shit.....i was able to read that.....did you finally run out of colors?....

HD... I'm not completely sure but his posts are quite interesting once I read them a couple of times and process them past the hypertext. Apparently he supports illegal drugs more than he agrees with conservatives. Of course, he, himself, seems more in the middle than liberal. He'll be along shortly to set my take on it all straight, though, surely. Him and his obvious ego.

HD... I'm not completely sure but his posts are quite interesting once I read them a couple of times and process them past the hypertext. Apparently he supports illegal drugs more than he agrees with conservatives. Of course, he, himself, seems more in the middle than liberal. He'll be along shortly to set my take on it all straight, though, surely. Him and his obvious ego.

well he has been told and asked by people from all sides here to lay off the monstrous text and colors because so many think its fairly annoying and many say they scroll past him.....but he just keeps going....and what i have managed to get out of his "posts".....the ones that look "normal"......he is pretty dam Liberal....i would say one of the FAR Left club Members.....he aint no Sallow,or Jillian....thats for sure....

Last edited:

What did I say that wasn't factual? Why don't you start with that, something simple. You're not ready to leave the shallow end.

Does it boost your ego to make statements like that, old sport?

Forum List

Back