A Simple Question For Those Still Opposed to Same Sex Marriage

What I see harmful TheProgressivePatriot is
when the liberal and LGBT advocates go "too far" and deny access to and
knowledge of spiritual healing taught and practiced by Christians
that has been used to resolve, correct, cure and/or prevent causes of abuse,
including sexual abuse and relationship abuse that are the real issue both sides
are trying to address.
You are descending back into the land of the bizarre .. How the hell are the liberal and LGBT advocates doing any of that???!!!

including sexual abuse and relationship abuse that are the real issue both sides
are trying to address.
You are descending back into the land of the bizarre .. How the hell are the liberal and LGBT advocates doing any of that???!!!

Do you really try to read that mass of word salad Emily spews out?

by DENYING the choice, experiences and process that "ex gay" members of the LGBT community go through, such as by EXCLUDING the input and voices of "ex gays" and REJECTING the choice of reparative therapy,
"Ex Gays" have been shamed , abused , and tortured into conforming to a lifestyle that is not their true selves.

this ends up censoring the very healing therapies that are NECESSARY in the case of dangerous pedophile addicts. This cure is being denied because of backlash against Christians causing rejection of even the sound practices and solutions to even worse problems.

So that's why Christians argue this is either directly or indirectly
"enabling" abusive relations or addictions, because of rejecting and censoring spiritual healing as
valid and voluntary process that is natural and effective. Not fraudulent malpractice when it is done right.
It is the bigots who use religion as a weapon who need therapy

are trying to address.

Do you really try to read that mass of word salad Emily spews out?
Yes. It's fun ( and a challenge)

Your point about GOP hypocrisy is the reason I left the party. Same sex marriage, agree or disagree with it, is a settled issue. Abortion rights, agree or disagree with it, is a settled issue (sort of, still needs to be clarified ie late term, partial birth etc.). The religious faction of the party makes it impossible for true conservatives to be a member of the GOP, IMO.

As long as Obergefell was an act of judicial-legislation (addition of language to the US Constitution that didn't exist before) it is NOT a settled matter. An illegal decision in violation of the separation of powers is no more binding upon the States than a gum wrapper. Plus, have you not heard about the gays vs bakers and gays vs adoption agencies lawsuits? This ain't over till the fat lady sings my friend.

Did you know it's illegal to possess a contract that banishes children away from a necessity; one that holds them in psychological bondage away from either a mother or father for life? Did you know there is no language at all in the US Constitution protecting just some deviant sex behaviors (but not others like polygamists)? That quagmire Obergefell that you call "settled" is in no way at all legally binding. I'm looking for a southern state to push the issue once a conservative Court is in place. Enjoy Obergefell while you can.

See! You are the perfect example of why I left the Republican Party. You zealots spend political capital on settled issues, and then lose on issues that can still be won. We have folks like you to thank for BOcare, and the ever expanding entitlement spending. BTW- BOcare passed because of judicial activism.

If things are settled, why have a Supreme Court in the first place. Gay Marriage WAS settled, until it wasn't.

by DENYING the choice, experiences and process that "ex gay" members of the LGBT community go through, such as by EXCLUDING the input and voices of "ex gays" and REJECTING the choice of reparative therapy,
"Ex Gays" have been shamed , abused , and tortured into conforming to a lifestyle that is not their true selves.

And you know this how? What test did you use?

Test?? I can read. Something that apparently cannot do- a least not with comprehension

So-called “conversion therapy,” sometimes known as “reparative therapy,” is a range of dangerous and discredited practices that falsely claim to change a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Such practices have been rejected by every mainstre am medical and mental health organization for decades, but due to continuing discrimination and societal bias against LGBTQ people, some practitioners continue to conduct conversion therapy. Minors are especially vulnerable, and conversion therapy can lead to depression, anxiety, drug use, homelessness, and suicide The Lies and Dangers of "Conversion Therapy" | Human Rights Campaign

Test?? I can read. Something that apparently cannot do- a least not with comprehension

So-called “conversion therapy,” sometimes known as “reparative therapy,” is a range of dangerous and discredited practices that falsely claim to change a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Such practices have been rejected by every mainstre am medical and mental health organization for decades, but due to continuing discrimination and societal bias against LGBTQ people, some practitioners continue to conduct conversion therapy. Minors are especially vulnerable, and conversion therapy can lead to depression, anxiety, drug use, homelessness, and suicide The Lies and Dangers of "Conversion Therapy" | Human Rights Campaign

No, you claimed they were forced into a lifestyle that is not their true selves. What test did you determine to make that statement. Biologically speaking, after conversion they would be, in fact, living a lifestyle that is their true selves.

Mental issues could influence them prior to, and after, which I suspect is closer to the truth.

No, you claimed they were forced into a lifestyle that is not their true selves. What test did you determine to make that statement. Biologically speaking, after conversion they would be, in fact, living a lifestyle that is their true selves.

Mental issues could influence them prior to, and after, which I suspect is closer to the truth.
Because you say so?? Just an appeal to ignorance fallacy

, you claimed they were forced into a lifestyle that is not their true selves. What test did you determine to make that statement. Biologically speaking, after conversion they would be, in fact, living a lifestyle that is their true selves.

Well there's this, from the 2007 Mayo Clinic article: http://www.drryanhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

One of the most obvious examples of an environmental
factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming
an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child
This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”
or “abused-abusers phenomena.”

why the “abused abusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor,
in which the abused child is trying to gain a new
identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual
arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse
leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place

And this from 2005 Clinical Psychiatry News

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

, you claimed they were forced into a lifestyle that is not their true selves. What test did you determine to make that statement. Biologically speaking, after conversion they would be, in fact, living a lifestyle that is their true selves.

Well there's this, from the 2007 Mayo Clinic article: http://www.drryanhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

One of the most obvious examples of an environmental
factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming
an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child
This relationship is known as the “victim-to-abuser cycle”
or “abused-abusers phenomena.”

why the “abused abusers phenomena” occurs: identification with the aggressor,
in which the abused child is trying to gain a new
identity by becoming the abuser; an imprinted sexual
arousal pattern established by early abuse; early abuse
leading to hypersexual behavior; or a form of social learning took place

And this from 2005 Clinical Psychiatry News

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...
Still obsessed with child sexual abuse I see while failing to show that gay men are more likely to prey on children than straight men.

You mean the article that is not from the Mayo Clinic and doesn't mention anything about why homosexuals are homosexuals?

A simple question? Why did it take a dozen paragraphs to set it up?

For ANY law on the books, it is possible to imagine a set of circumstances where the application of it would be "unjust" or silly or counterproductive.

Why not suppose the kids have "bonded" with a homeless prostitute drug addict, or an illegal alien who's being deported tomorrow?

Just because you can imagine a scenario where a law doesn't work as planned does not mean that the basic legal, historical, moral, and economic underpinnings of a law have to the thrown out. The first choice in any broken family, death, or abandonment situation is to find a parent, and if not a parent then another relative. It works 95% of the time. Judges normally have the discretion to be creative when all the facts and circumstances point to it. In the scenario you have imagined, there will probably be a relative of one of the natural parents who is trying to get custody, that that relative would probably get preference over the house-mate.

Some homosexual couples (mainly women) can be great parents and some NORMAL couples can be terrible parents. So what's your point, exactly?
That is quite a rant to set up the question of "what is your point" when the point should be obvious. The children were harmed by the fact that the two women could not marry and that Angela could not adopt as a second parent? Clear now?

What I'm getting from this is that 1) you recognize that at least some Lesbians can be great parents 2) you're skeptical at best about gay men as parents 3) you're not to enthusiastic about same sex marriage or, at least, you wish to downplay the injustice and harm done by prohibiting it. Am I correct??
Marry, do not marry, why does anyone care? There are crappy hetero parents, there are crappy gay parents. Tax wise you take a bath for getting married.

Your point about GOP hypocrisy is the reason I left the party. Same sex marriage, agree or disagree with it, is a settled issue. Abortion rights, agree or disagree with it, is a settled issue (sort of, still needs to be clarified ie late term, partial birth etc.). The religious faction of the party makes it impossible for true conservatives to be a member of the GOP, IMO.

As long as Obergefell was an act of judicial-legislation (addition of language to the US Constitution that didn't exist before) it is NOT a settled matter. An illegal decision in violation of the separation of powers is no more binding upon the States than a gum wrapper. Plus, have you not heard about the gays vs bakers and gays vs adoption agencies lawsuits? This ain't over till the fat lady sings my friend.

Did you know it's illegal to possess a contract that banishes children away from a necessity; one that holds them in psychological bondage away from either a mother or father for life? Did you know there is no language at all in the US Constitution protecting just some deviant sex behaviors (but not others like polygamists)? That quagmire Obergefell that you call "settled" is in no way at all legally binding. I'm looking for a southern state to push the issue once a conservative Court is in place. Enjoy Obergefell while you can.

See! You are the perfect example of why I left the Republican Party. You zealots spend political capital on settled issues, and then lose on issues that can still be won. We have folks like you to thank for BOcare, and the ever expanding entitlement spending. BTW- BOcare passed because of judicial activism.

If things are settled, why have a Supreme Court in the first place. Gay Marriage WAS settled, until it wasn't.

Why should I have to explain this? The SCOTUS is who settled it.

It was "settled" illegally using judicial-legislation which is a violation of the separate of powers. Obergefell had no Constitutional backing. There is no language whatsoever addressing deviant sex behaviors. Obergefell's 5 Justices attempted to add language that doesn't exist to the US Constitution, which is disallowed.

It was "settled" illegally using judicial-legislation which is a violation of the separate of powers. Obergefell had no Constitutional backing. There is no language whatsoever addressing deviant sex behaviors. Obergefell's 5 Justices attempted to add language that doesn't exist to the US Constitution, which is disallowed.

So what? Bitch and moan that you don’t like the SCOTUS decision to what end? Who can overturn the scotus decision? They are the highest court and when they rule, its over. Grow up.

Forum List

Back