A Serious Question About Climate Change

If you had said CO2 was one factor in a complex system, instead of claiming it was simple,
I have already said that in this thread. I apologize for not ordering my comments in a way that does not offend your delicate sensibilities.

It is simple, insomuch as adding carbon to our carbon cycle results in a change. That change is warming, due to an increased greenhouse effect. That's a fact. You obviously agree and have run out of things to complain about. ;)

Pointing out your misrepresentation doesn't offend my sensibilities.
I didn't misrepresent anything. You took my comments out of context, which resulted in you misrepresenting them.. Even after I explained that this was the case, you continued doing it. because....troll. S'okay, that's kind of what this place is for, as far as I can tell.

If you had said CO2 was one factor in a complex system, instead of claiming it was simple,
I have already said that in this thread. I apologize for not ordering my comments in a way that does not offend your delicate sensibilities.

It is simple, insomuch as adding carbon to our carbon cycle results in a change. That change is warming, due to an increased greenhouse effect. That's a fact. You obviously agree and have run out of things to complain about. ;)

I didn't misrepresent anything. You took my comments out of context, which resulted in you misrepresenting them.. Even after I explained that this was the case, you continued doing it. because....troll. S'okay, that's kind of what this place is for, as far as I can tell.

I didn't misrepresent anything.

Sure you did.

You took my comments out of context

When I questioned you, you repeated it was simple.
So you lied....or you're stupid.

I didn't misrepresent anything.

Sure you did.

You took my comments out of context

When I questioned you, you repeated it was simple.
So you lied....or you're stupid.
Because it is simple, in the context of answering, "why does a small, added amount of carbon have an effect, when there are large sources of carbon already?".... a childlike question indeed. But here you are, a little attack poodle, nipping at the ankles of the guy who answered the question, and not nipping at the ankles of the the OP (who is proud of his ignorance, apparently).

It was a simple answer to a simple question that was -- wait for it, "Toddster" (fucking stupid yuppie nickname) -- the topic of the thread. The point of the OP. It's a very simple concept, indeed. More carbon in the carbon cycle results in a change, via the greenhouse effect, and that change is warming.

Just to get you all in a tizzy, I'll say it again: It's simple!

Well then you got to explain WHY all that Energy storage into the oceans was LEFT OUT of the primary analysis of the "energy balance" by Trenberth back 15 years ago.
In a nutshell, the scientists didn't look there. They admitted their mistake. Dude, have you been in a coma for the last 5 years?

Sorry dude, but I think I will leave you to it. There is something odd unsettling about your particular version of denial, or fraud. You spend HOURS prattling on about this topic, yet seem to be utterly and abjectly ignorant of even the most basic scientific developments of it. I can't quite tell if it is blatant dishonesty, or true, deep self-delusion, or a mixture of both.

But, as I always remind you: I am not going to waste my time litigating the veracity of accepted scientific theories with uneducated slobs on the internet. No offense... we are all ignorant of many things, you know.

Have a nice night!

Understood.. INSTEAD you'll be wasting your time PRETENDING that you know as much as I do and flaming anonymous jerks on the internet.. I think my way is far more sophisticated and refined. But it actually requires an investment of time to educate one's self. The flaming of anonymous posters on the internet requires ..... well nothing special..

Trolls are not fooling people when they huff in rages after getting their asses handed to them by folks MAKING that investment..

Very funny Frankie boi. Here is the latest, for December of last year. Readily available, but you did not want people to see the real situation.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_December_2017_v6.jpg

UAH Global Temperature Update for December, 2017: +0.41 deg. C « Roy Spencer, PhD
Climate change deniers just don't "get" the difference between climate and weather; thus they don't realize that it's the sum-total progressive increase of the range of annual temperatures that portends the consequences of which damn near all scientists who've studied climate change have warned. Moreover, deniers would place their fate and that of the planet and everyone one it in the hands of a very small minority of scientists who assert the "jury is still out" on anthropogenically caused climate change.

That outré approach to analysis, dilemma resolution and discourse is principally the same irrational one that one sees exhibited here on USMB and in other venues when in a discussion about general behavior and circumstances, some nitwit, with all the consideration of one suffering from "rhetorical Tourette's Syndrome," blurts out an exception exists, therefore the rule of behavior that has been identified must not be valid or applicable. The problem with that isn't that the individual uttered such nonsense, but rather that folks who think themselves bestowed with so much as half the sense God gave a goose dignify such remarks by responding to them with "sit down, shut up and use your time doing so to enlighten yourself on a host of matters, not the least of which is logical thought, that you've so far not bothered to master."

Climate change deniers just don't "get" the difference between climate and weather; thus they don't realize that it's the sum-total progressive increase of the range of annual temperatures that portends the consequences of which damn near all scientists who've studied climate change have warned.

That's common to the uneducated and the under-achievers on BOTH sides of this issue. Since in the end game, this whole CC issue BECOMES a societal/economic/political issue, any one not MAKING that investment to "understand what the science ACTUALLY SAYS" pollutes the decisions and solutions -- and we all lose when we allow all voices to be valued the same.

Unfortunately, this CC hysteria BECAME political, societal, economic WAY BEFORE the science matured. And the effort to sway public opinion took absolute precedence over educating the public.

Last edited:
This is the estimated amount of energy added to the Earth's biosphere from several sources:

From human causes.................18 TW
From Earth's core......................47 TW
From the Sun....................170,000 TW

So what might be the most likely place to look for the cause of Climate Change?

I know; COW FARTS!

agelada.png

roflmao
Human normal body temperature: 310 Kelvin
Human death due to overheating temperature: 316 Kelvin.

You can keep misunderstanding the physics of the atmosphere and the scientifically literate can keep laughing at you.

You can keep misunderstanding the physics of the atmosphere and the scientifically literate can keep laughing at you.
And you can keep on swallowing bullshit, but the Davos crowd is laughing at the gullible as they fly home in their jets, dude.

And you can keep on swallowing bullshit, but the Davos crowd is laughing at the gullible as they fly home in their jets, dude.
You are right. They are laughing all the way to the bank, and I'm sure your ilk will be handomely rewarded by them. By the time their bank collapses y'all will all be dead anyway.

Better hurry up building that wall. The desert refugees are on the way.

INSTEAD you'll be wasting your time PRETENDING that you know as much as I do
Irrelevant. You are an uneducated slob compared to the scientists in these fields. you have zero education in these fields and have published zero science. And, since your great "knowledge " of this topic leads to to be 100% wrong about it.... it appears you don't actually know shit.I n fact, it appears the things you know are all wrong.

Do you understand what that means? it means you actually know less than nothing about this topic. You actually have a negative amount of correct knowledge on this topic. A teacher would actually have to spend quite a bit of time and energy just to get you to a point where you know net nothing about this topic, like a newborn baby.

How fucking embarrassing,.

Irrelevant. You are an uneducated slob compared to the scientists in these fields. you have zero education in these fields and have published zero science. And, since your great "knowledge " of this topic leads to to be 100% wrong about it.... it appears you don't actually know shit.I n fact, it appears the things you know are all wrong.

Do you understand what that means? it means you actually know less than nothing about this topic. You actually have a negative amount of correct knowledge on this topic. A teacher would actually have to spend quite a bit of time and energy just to get you to a point where you know net nothing about this topic, like a newborn baby.

And you refute his post by no post? Dude you are the one that's embarrassing on here...not once on the subject of climate change have you post any links or opinions other then parrot talking points.

And you refute his post by no post?
Again, I am not going to debate accepted scientific theory with uneducated slobs on the internet. You are essentially correct, in that I am not going to legitimize their baseless crap with any detailed response. I may correct a few basic misunderstandings (for instance, how odd that someone so interested in this topic would not understand that scientists now know there was no pause in global warming...it's almost as if he is a dishonest charlatan, isnt it?), but that's about it.

If that bothers anyone...tough shit. Try to remember that the charlatans you are defending are parading around calling the people who both dedicated their lives to these fields AND taught these little liars everything they will ever know about these topics, incompetent and liars. Keep that in mond the next time one of them starts whining, mmmmkay?

And if you want to understand who is actually embarrassing himself.... Grab your car and take a road trip with one of these charlatans to a university. Head on over to the climate science department, or the geology department, or the oceanography department....then watch as these fools get laughed off of campus...

Last edited:
Yes they are. Laughing at the porcine old orange clown. Laughing that the USA could actually have that kind of fool as a leader.

And you refute his post by no post? Dude you are the one that's embarrassing on here...not once on the subject of climate change have you post any links or opinions other then parrot talking points.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Here is a link to the site of the largest scientific society on Earth, the American Institute of Physics. It has been posted for you many times, and you have never bothered to read it. In fact, you have never bothered to read anything by any scientist at all. You are nearly as ignorant as Frankie boi.

So how come you waste so much of our time and yours just personally attacking me? Seems like you should be able to nail every wrong assertion that I make. Yet you just whine and get personal..

The plain truth is -- we've establish long ago now -- that you don't have a FUCKING clue what all that great science actually says.. We've demonstrated that time and again. And all you got is slime people who don't worship the "plan" and the movement.

I will stick to the topics -- you should also. If you can...

Here is a link to the site of the largest scientific society on Earth, the American Institute of Physics. It has been posted for you many times, and you have never bothered to read it. In fact, you have never bothered to read anything by any scientist at all. You are nearly as ignorant as Frankie boi.

Really? What does it say the temperature anomaly is gonna be in 2100???

Really? What does it say the temperature anomaly is gonna be in 2100???
Well now, since you state that you have a scientific background, why don't you read what the physicists have to say? Afraid to?

Forum List

Back