A Scientist Visits Kentucky's Creation Museum

logically you would both be wrong....light is not time, therefore if moving faster than light you would not be separate from time, you would be separate from light.....

you would also likely be dead, as the first bug you got in your teeth on your motorcycle at 186k mps would snap your neck..........
Not FASTER but near to light speed and no, you are incorrect. The passage of time is directly related to relative velocity. The closer you get to the speed of light, the slower time passes. At the speed of light, time ceases to exists entirely.
ummm....no......if I exist and experience time and light, I may experience the light at point B, then move to point A and experience the light there.....if I move from point B to point A so quickly that the light I experienced at point B has not arrived with me, I still experience the the movement from B to A, the light which was at point B and the light which I find at point A......those three experiences are all separated by time......
No, you don't (though beating your own light there is impossible with our current understanding of physics).

Again, time is directly related to relative velocity. You experience time differently than someone that is in motion relative to each other. It gets a lot more complex than that (as your current vantage point is ALWAYS at rest baring gravitational and acceleration effects) but that is the gist of it. The idea that time is constant or uniform is completely incorrect and only ingrained as a given because people do not generally see or experience forces large enough to generate any relativistic effects.
the error that causes your misunderstanding is the assumption that we need to refer to a particular beam of light.....if I experience light at point A, then move somewhat faster than light "downstream" from the lightsource, it may take a second or more for that particular light beam to reach me, but I still experience that second of time passing......there is light at point B, its merely not the same light as we experienced at point A until that particular beam of light catches up with us......
Again, no you don't.

Really, look up time dilatation. You do not experience time (or travel for that matter) when moving at the speed of light. You must understand that you would not recognize the distance traveled either as, from your frame of reference, the two points would occupy the same location. Time literally stops and that means on the vector that you are traveling on, distance does as well. Time dilatation is a well tested and proven effect - time changes based on speed

You must understand that you would not recognize the distance traveled either as, from your frame of reference, the two points would occupy the same location.
an obvious absurdity......is this merely another way of saying you moved so fast you couldn't sense it?..........the two points are never in the same location, your body would move between the two points, regardless of how fast it occurs.......lets look at it this way.....is there a physical difference between moving one light year away at the speed of light and moving ten light years away at ten times the speed of light?.......
did both movements take a year or did they happen without experiencing time.......are both destinations the same point or is one nine light years away from the other?......

You must understand that you would not recognize the distance traveled either as, from your frame of reference, the two points would occupy the same location.
an obvious absurdity......is this merely another way of saying you moved so fast you couldn't sense it?..........the two points are never in the same location, your body would move between the two points, regardless of how fast it occurs.......lets look at it this way.....is there a physical difference between moving one light year away at the speed of light and moving ten light years away at ten times the speed of light?.......
did both movements take a year or did they happen without experiencing time.......are both destinations the same point or is one nine light years away from the other?......
It is obvious that you have no understanding of physics and don't seem to want to bother actually understanding any of this. Go get some education on the subject and come back. Your assumptions are based entirely on observations from a VERY narrow and limited perspective. You would be amazed at how the universe actually works.

It shows him briefly walking through some of the exhibits and interviewing one of the Museum's "scientists."

The "scientist" in the video says when he finds contradictory evidence to his beliefs he assumes that the evidence is incorrect. Is that science? Is this place bad for proponents of creationism and intelligent design? Should children be exposed to a place run by people who want to teach them that it's not only okay, but that it is important to ignore evidence?

teapartysamurai

The man in the white shirt is incapable of coming to a right conclusion because he simply refuses to believe God's Word on the story of creation. To be clear the Bible also states that a thousand years are as a day to the LORD. This was not mentioned but it does factor in. In response to the person here who asked how can you make something out of nothing? Is there anything too difficult for God? Once again, science has proven that something can be created out of the energy of the spoken word. There were a group of scientists who did this research - Quantum physics - proving that the spoken word is energy and energy has the power to create - albeit invisible to the human eye. While some may understand many things about the "universe" one must factor in that they would never be capable of "creating a universe" - creating an atom - creating a planet - yet God did. So with respect to the fact that we are human beings with finite minds - that God's ways are higher than our ways - I believe the right response for the man in white with his hands on his hips acting as if he is an authority on the matter - should realize that God resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble. God reveals Himself to the humble but to the proud - He won't do it. God is the Creator of heaven and earth and of man - who was formed from the earth and whose body returns back to the dust upon leaving this earth - we were created in His image and in His likeness and anyone who has met someone with an after life experience - where they were for a brief moment dead - has heard the story of a person seeing their body on the operating table - wondering what was going on - etc.

With that said, we are a trichotomy made in the Image of God - the Father, The Holy Spirit, The Word - Jesus Christ who is God and was with God in the beginning - See John Chapter 1 - and so we are a spirit that lives in a body has a soul and our soul is the seat of the will and emotions.

This once again proves that the creation story in Genesis Chapter 1 is true. The reason the scientist giving him the tour can see the truth is that he has been born again - his spirit is alive and able to commune with the LORD and the eyes of his "understanding" are not darkened as the atheist in the white shirt.

That is just a few comments I thought I would share with you on what I took away from the video. The man in the white shirt is guaranteed eternal ignorance on the matter if he insists on dismissing the Creator who created it all. He must examine the evidence which is found throughout the Word of God and he can only do that by the Holy Spirit who is the author of the Scriptures. It is the Holy Spirit that teaches all things and this man will never be able to comprehend that which is of the Spirit of God with his carnal mind. It simply is not possible.

For those of you here - who are not born again Christians - it isn't possible for you either. The carnal man cannot discern the things of God. It simply is not possible. Ye must be born again. Romans 10: 9,10.

Last edited:
Your assumptions are based entirely on observations from a VERY narrow and limited perspective.
reality has a tendency to work that way......sorry it bothers you.....given the fact that everything you've argued is based upon speculation rather than science it appears your balls have gotten a bit large for you to carry around.......

It is obvious that you have no understanding of physics Go get some education on the subject and come back.
and its obvious you don't have an answer to my question...I suggest YOU get some education on it until you know how to respond......

lets try a simple one FA....if time stands still for the object traveling, why do they measure how far its gone in light-years?........

lets try a simple one FA....if time stands still for the object traveling, why do they measure how far its gone in light-years?........
I am not sure why I bother but..

That passage of time is not measured from the photons frame of reference (as the photon is not experiencing time) but rather from YOUR frame of reference. The light is not experiencing those years, you are.

That passage of time is not measured from the photons frame of reference (as the photon is not experiencing time) but rather from YOUR frame of reference. The light is not experiencing those years, you are.
?????.....if I travel at exactly the speed of light for ten seconds, the light and I experience ten seconds.......if I travel ten times the speed of light for one second then stand still for nine seconds till the light catches up to me the light and I still both experience ten seconds, we just don't do it together......in neither case does time stand still as you earlier claimed.....

?????.....if I travel at exactly the speed of light for ten seconds, the light and I experience ten seconds.......if I travel ten times the speed of light for one second then stand still for nine seconds till the light catches up to me the light and I still both experience ten seconds, we just don't do it together......in neither case does time stand still as you earlier claimed.....
Which is why I said I didn't know why I bothered. You do not and refuse to, understand relativity or its implications. I will not bother anymore. As I stated before, come back when you bother to understand even slightly what Einstein was getting at. I am quite sure his that Einstein had a better grasp on how the universe works than you do.

lol...sorry dude, I didn't realize you had no clue what you were talking about.......if you had simply read my questions the answers would have been obvious.....unfortunately, you were so anxious to prove how smart you were you neglected to realize you weren't...........

lol...sorry dude, I didn't realize you had no clue what you were talking about.......if you had simply read my questions the answers would have been obvious.....unfortunately, you were so anxious to prove how smart you were you neglected to realize you weren't...........
I did answer your questions. I am not anxious to prove anything. I was hoping to have a good conversation on physics though - it is a subject I quite enjoy. Unfortunately, few people do.

I did answer your questions. I am not anxious to prove anything. I was hoping to have a good conversation on physics though - it is a subject I quite enjoy. Unfortunately, few people do.
lol dude....you said "You do not experience time (or travel for that matter) when moving at the speed of light".......apparently you think that when you travel at the speed of light you don't actually move....that would explain why you're not getting anywhere.......

lol dude....you said "You do not experience time (or travel for that matter) when moving at the speed of light".......apparently you think that when you travel at the speed of light you don't actually move....that would explain why you're not getting anywhere.......
And I am supported by the actual science.

I am sorry that you do not want to address the very basis of relativity but you cannot have a conversation on near-light speeds without it.

I am sorry that you do not want to address the very basis of relativity but you cannot have a conversation on near-light speeds without it.
you have science that supports the claim that you can travel at the speed of light but go no where and no time passes?......I don't think so......

you have science that supports the claim that you can travel at the speed of light but go no where and no time passes?......I don't think so......
You would think incorrectly then. There is plenty of science that has been done on this subject and many experiments.

First, I have stated MANY TIMES that travel at the speed of light is literally impossible under our current understanding of physics. You are the one that demands this must be framed in actual light speed and not relativistic speeds. I do have science that backs time dilation (and the fact that at light speed time does not exist) though and DECADES of research has shown this theory is correct time and time again.

A link has ALREADY been provided. A link that describe the concept of time dilation that you apparently didn't feel the need to examine. Here is the equation for time dilation for a body in constant motion:

time-dilation.jpg

v - your relative velocity. Simply look at the equation - what do you think occurs as the relative velocity squared approaches c squared? That denominator gets closer to 0 and time dilation gets close to infinite. AT the speed of light, time ceases to exist in any real sense. You are STILL ignoring the reality of distance dilating as well. Distances get SHORTER in almost the same manner that time itself dilates. As you get closer to the speed of light - the distance in the direction of travel gets closer to ZERO. As I stated before, that is the reason that, at the speed of light, you wouldn't actually be traveling from your perspective. Distances would be literally zero.

Length contraction - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Do you understand that time and length dilates or are you stating Einstein was incorrect? This is not even the strange stuff - simultaneous events being non-simultaneous in a different frame of reference is far more foreign to understand than these concepts. The universe is a LOT stranger than we might think in our extremely narrow set of experiences.

You would think incorrectly then. There is plenty of science that has been done on this subject and many experiments.

First, I have stated MANY TIMES that travel at the speed of light is literally impossible under our current understanding of physics. You are the one that demands this must be framed in actual light speed and not relativistic speeds. I do have science that backs time dilation (and the fact that at light speed time does not exist) though and DECADES of research has shown this theory is correct time and time again.

A link has ALREADY been provided. A link that describe the concept of time dilation that you apparently didn't feel the need to examine. Here is the equation for time dilation for a body in constant motion:

time-dilation.jpg

v - your relative velocity. Simply look at the equation - what do you think occurs as the relative velocity squared approaches c squared? That denominator gets closer to 0 and time dilation gets close to infinite. AT the speed of light, time ceases to exist in any real sense. You are STILL ignoring the reality of distance dilating as well. Distances get SHORTER in almost the same manner that time itself dilates. As you get closer to the speed of light - the distance in the direction of travel gets closer to ZERO. As I stated before, that is the reason that, at the speed of light, you wouldn't actually be traveling from your perspective. Distances would be literally zero.

Do you understand that time and length dilates or are you stating Einstein was incorrect? This is not even the strange stuff - simultaneous events being non-simultaneous in a different frame of reference is far more foreign to understand than these concepts. The universe is a LOT stranger than we might think in our extremely narrow set of experiences.

time-dilation.jpg

this is is the problem with theoretical versus practical science......dude, neither time or distance ever change.......you will never get from point A to point B by not moving.....if your theory convinces you that you will, chuck your fucked up theory.........light travels at the speed of light all day long......yet the distance from the earth to the sun is not, nor has it ever been, zero.......

Forum List

Back