A Scientist Visits Kentucky's Creation Museum

I did answer your questions. I am not anxious to prove anything. I was hoping to have a good conversation on physics though - it is a subject I quite enjoy. Unfortunately, few people do.
lol dude....you said "You do not experience time (or travel for that matter) when moving at the speed of light".......apparently you think that when you travel at the speed of light you don't actually move....that would explain why you're not getting anywhere.......
And I am supported by the actual science.

I am sorry that you do not want to address the very basis of relativity but you cannot have a conversation on near-light speeds without it.
you have science that supports the claim that you can travel at the speed of light but go no where and no time passes?......I don't think so......
You would think incorrectly then. There is plenty of science that has been done on this subject and many experiments.

First, I have stated MANY TIMES that travel at the speed of light is literally impossible under our current understanding of physics. You are the one that demands this must be framed in actual light speed and not relativistic speeds. I do have science that backs time dilation (and the fact that at light speed time does not exist) though and DECADES of research has shown this theory is correct time and time again.

A link has ALREADY been provided. A link that describe the concept of time dilation that you apparently didn't feel the need to examine. Here is the equation for time dilation for a body in constant motion:

time-dilation.jpg

v - your relative velocity. Simply look at the equation - what do you think occurs as the relative velocity squared approaches c squared? That denominator gets closer to 0 and time dilation gets close to infinite. AT the speed of light, time ceases to exist in any real sense. You are STILL ignoring the reality of distance dilating as well. Distances get SHORTER in almost the same manner that time itself dilates. As you get closer to the speed of light - the distance in the direction of travel gets closer to ZERO. As I stated before, that is the reason that, at the speed of light, you wouldn't actually be traveling from your perspective. Distances would be literally zero.

Length contraction - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Do you understand that time and length dilates or are you stating Einstein was incorrect? This is not even the strange stuff - simultaneous events being non-simultaneous in a different frame of reference is far more foreign to understand than these concepts. The universe is a LOT stranger than we might think in our extremely narrow set of experiences.
this is is the problem with theoretical versus practical science......dude, neither time or distance ever change.......you will never get from point A to point B by not moving.....if your theory convinces you that you will, chuck your fucked up theory.........light travels at the speed of light all day long......yet the distance from the earth to the sun is not, nor has it ever been, zero.......
From your perspective. Your problem is that you seem to think that distance and time are experienced in the same manner for the body that is 'at rest' and the body that is in motion. That is false. Time and distance are RELATIVE (hence the name of the theory) and experienced differently. You could have simply declared that Einstein was wrong and you know better than he does - its not MY theory it s Einstein's.

Finally, this is NOT theoretical science. It has been tested multiple times over the decades and yielded the exact result that the theory predicted. Usually these involve the use of atomic clocks or muon lifetimes. Just because you do not acknowledge the reality does not mean it does not exist. These experiments prove that time is different based on motion and gravitational pull (which has the same exact effect of motion on time).

It shows him briefly walking through some of the exhibits and interviewing one of the Museum's "scientists."

The "scientist" in the video says when he finds contradictory evidence to his beliefs he assumes that the evidence is incorrect. Is that science? Is this place bad for proponents of creationism and intelligent design? Should children be exposed to a place run by people who want to teach them that it's not only okay, but that it is important to ignore evidence?

teapartysamurai

Ofcourse he's correct. Creationism is true science, not biased by the devil

From your perspective. Your problem is that you seem to think that distance and time are experienced in the same manner for the body that is 'at rest' and the body that is in motion. That is false. .
no.....distance is not relative......if you travel at 186k mps for one second the distance is 186k miles, if you travel at 1 mps for 186k seconds the distance is 186k miles.....though obviously at body 'at rest' doesn't travel at all at any speed......time is also not relative....if you travel for one minute at the speed of light it takes you one minute and you go 60 times farther than if you travel at the speed of light for one second........

From your perspective. Your problem is that you seem to think that distance and time are experienced in the same manner for the body that is 'at rest' and the body that is in motion. That is false. .
no.....distance is not relative......if you travel at 186k mps for one second the distance is 186k miles, if you travel at 1 mps for 186k seconds the distance is 186k miles.....though obviously at body 'at rest' doesn't travel at all at any speed......time is also not relative....if you travel for one minute at the speed of light it takes you one minute and you go 60 times farther than if you travel at the speed of light for one second........
Again, you are the one demanding that you know better than Einstein and science.

It must be nice to be so smart.

Again, you are the one demanding that you know better than Einstein and science.

It must be nice to be so smart.
but neither Einstein or science pretend that if you travel for an hour at the speed of light you neither use an hour or get anywhere.......what apparently has you confused is that because when you travel at the speed of light you cannot observe the movement of that light, you think that somehow means neither you or the light have moved anywhere......you in fact, have......

So it is too difficult for god to contradict him/her/it self. Obviously then man was not made in god's image.

Oh. Resolving logic flaws. Of course that is too difficult for god. So, two things so far. It's a start I guess.

Forum List

Back