A sad thing I have seen in my nation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cain, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Cain

Cain Air Force DEP

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    So, as many of you know, Gay Marriage has been a topic that has had a lot of attention, and public outburst. Their have been riots for, and against it. I personally, am against Gay Marriage, but for Civil Unions. That is my view, but I, as a Christian, also have to say this to my fellow Christians out there.

I advise you do not participate in riots against homosexuals. They are negative, and they do not create anything but negative responses and negative acts. Why do it? I honestly hate having to say this, but I might be a young Christian, and I do not consider myself anything close to a dedicated Christian, but I can tell hypocrisy when I see it.

In the Bible, it says: Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Yes, I understand this is used a lot, but maybe for good cause. I use it to say this, if your going to attack homosexuals for wanting more rights, can we really complain when they attack back? How can a man complain if he throws a rock at someone, and they throw a rock back?

What is the basic idea of my Thread? Christians, I do not say support Gay Marriage, oppose it if you believe you should, but do not help ignorance & arrogance become the general conception of Christians. I have been to places where if you say "I'm a Christian" they look at you and slowly get out of the social area. Then I have been to places where "I'm a Christian" gets you a pat on the back, and a "How about them homosexuals?" (They used a different term.) You know what? The first is a example of how the second affects non-Christians, and other Christians.

I am sorry for ranting, just felt like I should at least post this to see if I can find anyone who sees this the same way I do. Sorry if I sound insane, I've been up all night on this new computer lol. Merry Christmas Everyone, and drive safe please :).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Shooter

Shooter Semper Fi

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I am against gay marriage personally but I feel for the country as a whole it should be legal in all 50 states (or 57 if you're Obama).

Times have changed and I think it's time to allow them to be as miserable as the rest of us married folks.

3. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,100
    Marriage is nothing but a legal contract between two people that combines their assets and property.

As far as the fucking government is concerned that's all it should be.

It's time the government get out of the marriage business and out of the personal lives of people period.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    Yes indeed. :clap2:

5. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Nice to see sense being spoken by all here.

6. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    You got any links to the riots?

I know there have been protest. But riots?

7. michael39

michael39 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Like it or not, "Marriage" is a RELIGIOUS union and has a definition. Two men or two women going through ANY ceremony doesn't make it "Marriage."

To "tolerate" this is to "tolerate" a sin God Himself called an ABOMINATION. IF you believe God is REAL, this ought to make you TREMBLE. NO nation has ever survived long after tampering with what we're tampering with--"NORMALIZING" this ABOMINATION.

As It Was In the Days of Sodom & Gomorrah
    Fire From Heaven?

8. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Yea, what riots. A thread thinly disguised and missed by most, more lies to denigrate Christians, more bigotry, more stereotyping to further divide the nation so that those in power can remain in power to protect us from ourselves.

Further, marriage is simply a word, nothing more, marriage has a definition. Why should we change the meaning of words to accommodate special interest groups.

9. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,125
    Marriage is the holy union in the eyes of God between a man and a woman, and I agree, the damn government shouldn't have a fuckin' thing to do with it. It's a religious thing, and the old separation of church and state rule should apply.

If homos feel a need to sanctify their butt fucking, then they should dream up their own religion that condones men sucking each others cocks and ramming their meat up each others ass, because clearly the Christian God does NOT...

Leviticus 18:22

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. michael39

michael39 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    That's what I thought when I read his post. It was an attempt to silence speaking the truth--equating DISAGREEMENT with RIOTS (THAT is what the Leftist nuts do).

Sorry, but we will speak against it.