Evolving or Changing Mind?

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
So, I seen a article in the Newspaper (I buy two everyday, I advise always buying multiple sources, be surprised how different USA Today is from a local paper lol), how Obama's stances are 'evolving'*

Anyways, here is my belief. I do not believe ideas simply 'evolve' I believe people change their minds. I mean, let's say today I state 'I do not believe America will ever have a military conflict with Iran.' Then a year later I say 'I believe America is on the verge of a war with Iran.' That isn't evolving, that is changing your mind, now maybe it is because of situational changes, or simply pressure. Either way, I do not see that as evolving. Am I the only person that sees it like this? I hope not.

I am not saying I think it is wrong to say 'evolve' and ideas together, but I think Obama saying his "But I also think you're right that attitudes evolve, including mine.."-Obama* So, do attitudes change, or evolve? I am honestly not understanding how evolve means this. Cause to say evolve, infers that the belief that marriage is between one man and one woman is ancient, old, out of date, un-evolved. Now, I am sure in many opinions, it is ancient, but President Obama claims to be a Christian, yet, he basically went against the majority of Christians, and said he is 'evolving' into the idea that Gay Marriage is alright.

Do I think Gay Marriage is wrong? Yes. Do I think Gays/Lesbians should not be allowed to have the same rights as others? No. I guess it is kind of ironic, because I try to be as understand as I can be. I try to not be a stuck up snob and try to understand others. I just have a view, and I express it.

Your outlook/opinion?

*Link to Article: Obama Suggests His Stance on Gay Marriage Could 'Evolve' - FoxNews.com

Forum List

Back