A rusting oil tanker off Yemen’s coast is at risk of exploding.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
And nobody can do anything about it because the Houthi's are forbidding access.

Five miles off the coast of Yemen in the Red Sea, there's a rusting oil tanker.

It's been compared to a ticking time bomb. That's because its cargo is 1 million barrels of crude oil waiting to explode or pour out into a spill that could potentially be four times the size of the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster off the coast of Alaska.

An oil taker will burn, it won't explode.

However, I am very concerned that because it's so far away, there won't be enough cameras there to see what is sure to be a very cool sight.
It used to happen a lot until they began inerting tanks in the 70's.

[But crucial processes driven by the boiler system have ceased—most notably, “inerting,” in which inert gases are pumped into the tanks where the crude is stored, to neutralize flammable hydrocarbons that rise off the oil. Before inerting became a commonplace safety measure, in the nineteen-seventies, tankers blew up surprisingly often, and with lethal consequences: in December, 1969, three of them exploded within seventeen days, killing four men. ...]

cameras there to see what is sure to be a very cool sight.
I bet you loved 9/11

A demolition that would have made Pay-Per-View
if it weren't for all the bodies (and lack of bodies)
north tower.gif

Last edited:
Who's trolling on whose thread cheese muffin breath ?

Very nice. However, what was the ship carrying?

The Aulac Fortune was built in 2010. Ship tracking data shows it last loaded around 6,660 tons of gasoline, most of which was delivered to Guangzhou on Sunday and Monday.

Gee, notice it had gasoline, not crude oil.

Thank you for giving me a great reference. I never said a damned thing about gasoline vapors not exploding, I said that crude oil is almost impossible to burn.

Care to try again?

Very nice. However, what was the ship carrying?

Gee, notice it had gasoline, not crude oil.

Thank you for giving me a great reference. I never said a damned thing about gasoline vapors not exploding, I said that crude oil is almost impossible to burn.

Care to try again?
Leave it to NBC to have a deceiving title.

Leave it to NBC to have a deceiving title.

Try looking into what the ship was actually carrying. The title is accurate, you are supposed to do more than just read the headline after all. But the dead giveaway is the fact is had carried over 6 thousand tons of gasoline. Gasoline vapors are highly explosive, crude oil is not.

In much the same way, flour and dust are almost impossible to catch fire. However, atomized both are extremely combustible. You can pour gasoline onto a huge pile of flour, and it will just smolder. But atomize the flour into dust (like in a grain silo), and it can explode with just a light discharge of static electricity.

Which once again had not a damned thing to do with the fact that normally crude oil does not burn.

Tossing out an insult along with that nonsensical response to what I said only tells me you are not to be taken seriously at all.
BUT IT SPILLS

Forum List

Back