A Reminder From Our Past...

Little know fact, the first shots of the Civil War did not happen at Ft Sumter on April 12, 1861. The first exchange was three months before when the Star Of The West was sent to resupply Sumter. Cadets from the Citadel fired on it and drove it off after hitting it. It's not known if the Star Of The West fired first or the cadets, accounts differ.

No, that's only a little known fact to those who only have a public education concerning the civil war. There really isn't much controversy...the cadets fired the first shot. Of course this was before the Confederacy even existed...so it could be said that the Citadel or South Carolina fired the first shots of the Civil War. ;)

It's all for nothing it seems the North fired first at Ft Pickens. What difference does it make anyway? The Civil War was going to be fought no matter what, it was in place to happen

See my reply to Ft. Pickens. A required criteria, at least to historians, would be the existence of the Confederacy, which did not form until February 1861. There are some who claim that John Brown's raid were the first shots...one could make a case for many incidents, which is why some standard criteria is applied. ;)

It means little to me, the die had been cast, the Civil War was going to happen no matter who fired first

Little know fact, the first shots of the Civil War did not happen at Ft Sumter on April 12, 1861. The first exchange was three months before when the Star Of The West was sent to resupply Sumter. Cadets from the Citadel fired on it and drove it off after hitting it. It's not known if the Star Of The West fired first or the cadets, accounts differ.

No, that's only a little known fact to those who only have a public education concerning the civil war. There really isn't much controversy...the cadets fired the first shot. Of course this was before the Confederacy even existed...so it could be said that the Citadel or South Carolina fired the first shots of the Civil War. ;)

It's all for nothing it seems the North fired first at Ft Pickens. What difference does it make anyway? The Civil War was going to be fought no matter what, it was in place to happen

See my reply to Ft. Pickens. A required criteria, at least to historians, would be the existence of the Confederacy, which did not form until February 1861. There are some who claim that John Brown's raid were the first shots...one could make a case for many incidents, which is why some standard criteria is applied. ;)

It means little to me, the die had been cast, the Civil War was going to happen no matter who fired first

it's still not over. While the issue of slavery has been settled...thankfully, but the war did not settle the other issues which contributed to the war, such as the sovereignty of the States or the right of groups to secede or change their government as outlined in the Declaration of Independence. Those issues continue to be debated and fought in areas like gun control, abortion, nullification, intra-state secession efforts, the Patriot Act, government spying, etc.

it's still not over. While the issue of slavery has been settled...thankfully, but the war did not settle the other issues which contributed to the war, such as the sovereignty of the States or the right of groups to secede or change their government as outlined in the Declaration of Independence. Those issues continue to be debated and fought in areas like gun control, abortion, nullification, intra-state secession efforts, the Patriot Act, government spying, etc.

Agreed

Other than the name what the fuck do you know about the crusades?
She thinks the sand ******* started it, by invading Europe, even though it took the Crusaders three years of travel to get to the Holy Land to fight the invaders.

They did...see you're ignorant. As I said...just too fucking stupid to live. Nobody takes you serious, loon Now run along and troll someone else, I have no patience for your ignorance. Old fool
I have not yet met a libtard that knows that the Crusades were initiated by the Muslims attacking pilgrims to the Holy Land, that the North fired the first shots in the Civil War nor that Greek philosophers using reason alone proved the existence of a Creator hundreds of years before Christianity.

Libtards dont think, they just regurgitate bullshit their handlers tell them.

Being a bit of a civil war history buff, I'm interested to hear about the Union firing the first shots.
At Ft Pickens, a Northern fort that the local Southerners thought should be surrendered tot he Confederacy as it was no longer Union territory, by their estimation.

Union troops fired at the civilians that came to demand the surrender of the fort, clearly indicating an intention to go to war with the South.

Fort Pickens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So two probably causes, it's looking like the civil war like the crusades had no one incident beginning the hostilities.

She thinks the sand ******* started it, by invading Europe, even though it took the Crusaders three years of travel to get to the Holy Land to fight the invaders.

They did...see you're ignorant. As I said...just too fucking stupid to live. Nobody takes you serious, loon Now run along and troll someone else, I have no patience for your ignorance. Old fool
I have not yet met a libtard that knows that the Crusades were initiated by the Muslims attacking pilgrims to the Holy Land, that the North fired the first shots in the Civil War nor that Greek philosophers using reason alone proved the existence of a Creator hundreds of years before Christianity.

Being a bit of a civil war history buff, I'm interested to hear about the Union firing the first shots.
At Ft Pickens, a Northern fort that the local Southerners thought should be surrendered tot he Confederacy as it was no longer Union territory, by their estimation.

Union troops fired at the civilians that came to demand the surrender of the fort, clearly indicating an intention to go to war with the South.

So two probably causes, it's looking like the civil war like the crusades had no one incident beginning the hostilities.

History, like freedom, is never as neat and tidy as some would like.

History, like freedom, is never as neat and tidy as some would like.
Tell the op and stupid idiot dumbass that.

Forum List

Back