A real alarmist viewpoint

Just a few more years to go, sucksassandballs! You will find out, since the ocean will fuck with NY. But before that ocean screws up YOUR goofy life, it will fuck up a lot of creatures, who are supposed to live in the fucker, but they won't be able to. The question is, when will the plankton blooms fuck up? When that happens, the major oceanic food chain dies out.

meh

Alarmist Psychology – Why They Need Doomsday Scenarios

20110519_0052_1-11.jpg

Last edited:
Now Flatulance, you are just once again proving what a dumb fuck you are. All my posts are under Old Rocks, no other screen names at all.

THen you wouldn't mind if we checked that out would ya? Given that massive coinkydink of references to ole Bill Buckley.. and the fact that there IS so much harrassment in science now-a-days? The sock was cute for awhile, now it's obvious that SOMEONE is not taking this seriously..

LOL. Check away. Then check out your sanity.

Sheesh, so there are more than just a few people that remember that Bill Buckley was fun to read even when you disagreed with him. That surprises you?
No conservatives consider Buckley to be a liberal.

Who's sock are you really? You really should take a bow and end this..

It seems Bill Buckley is dead, so I don't care to be anyone's sock, you goddamned queer neo-con wingpunk, from a Log Cabin Club daisy chain. In your face, from me to you!

Rep power 0?

That's too great a burden. Let me relieve you of some of it.

Dave bro...........lets not chase the k00ks out of here. This forum would suck without them to make fun of. Place is tailor made for me. Coming in here is like a comedy club visit, sometimes 2 or 3 times/day. Who cant love that?:D The k00ks come in here to vent their pent up anger and misery because they all know they are losing. I'm in here to laugh and do lots of it!!

Just a few more years to go, sucksassandballs! You will find out, since the ocean will fuck with NY. But before that ocean screws up YOUR goofy life, it will fuck up a lot of creatures, who are supposed to live in the fucker, but they won't be able to. The question is, when will the plankton blooms fuck up? When that happens, the major oceanic food chain dies out.

meh

Alarmist Psychology – Why They Need Doomsday Scenarios

So, sucksassandballs. Do you have any shit, written at that link, which you want to discuss? If you don't have any issues over there, I wouldn't go up your asshole, either, just because you are queer as flaming shit. Paste something, from that site.

Raise an issue, BITCH, or go out and parade.

Tell us more about how the oceans are turning to gastric juices! Let's hear about that 30% increase in acidity again!

I think that the estimate of the effects of the Arctic release are too high, but, given what we have already seen from the clathrates, something to consider.

So...this firestorm? If you think the fuel for your firestorm will be methane..you are in error. Methane is lighter than air. It just rises up and cannot ever get dense enough to be flammable. Now natural gas..which was the culprip in the BP explosion in the gulf IS heavier than air and once released in a closed environment is very dangerous. If say huge amounts of natural gas erupted from the ground it would form pools of highly explosive fuel at low points in our geography. Thing is though it would burn off quickly and only do the same kinda damage as a forest fire. No way it could cause a world wide firestorm. There just isn't enough of it.

Well Flatulance, here is what we know at present;

Arctic Methane Emergency Group - AMEG - Home

For sure, what we don't know is how much methane will outgas from present GHGs in the atmosphere. What we do know is that the outgassing we have seen in the last two years was totally unexpected, and as the amount of ice decreases, we are going to see more. How much more, and in what time frames are the big questions now.

No look -- you're the expert on outgassing.. :badgrin: Just tell me which it is.. Have we depleted the fossil fuel reserve or are we just discovering that we live on top of a giant fuel-air timebomb? I want to make investments based on the answer..
Whichever is scariest and forces you to make an emotional decision to follow his civilization-destroying agenda.

You'll live in a yurt and LIKE it.

THAT'S the financial advice I was seeking Daveman.. Any idea of how to put together a representative YURT portfolio??
:clap2:

I think that the estimate of the effects of the Arctic release are too high, but, given what we have already seen from the clathrates, something to consider.

So...this firestorm? If you think the fuel for your firestorm will be methane..you are in error. Methane is lighter than air. It just rises up and cannot ever get dense enough to be flammable. Now natural gas..which was the culprip in the BP explosion in the gulf IS heavier than air and once released in a closed environment is very dangerous. If say huge amounts of natural gas erupted from the ground it would form pools of highly explosive fuel at low points in our geography. Thing is though it would burn off quickly and only do the same kinda damage as a forest fire. No way it could cause a world wide firestorm. There just isn't enough of it.

Let me 'splain sumpn' to you, Lucy:

CH4 is out-gassing, from warming tundras and bodies of water, including from the bottom, of the Arctic Ocean, from melting glaciers, from Siberia, from Canada, from Alaska, from anywhere, but a lot comes from warming Arctic areas.

CH4 is 24 times as potent a greenhouse gas, as CO2, IF CH4 breaks down, to CO2 and H2O, on its normal timeline, which you can look up. But some studies indicate CH4 will be impaired, at breaking down, maybe by more H2O in the atmosphere, I forget, but I'll look it back up, and you can look it up, NOW.

The point is, CH4 will radically increase heat retention, in the atmosphere, greatly increasing likelihood, of wildfires, even if one of those mile-wide bubbles, from the bottom of the Arctic Ocean doesn't go BOOOOOOM, which one might do, someday.

If the exchange to CO2 and H2O is impaired, CH4 has a GWP (global warming potential) of 72 or even more. CO2 has a GWP of 1, but it is more common, in the air.

And natural gas is mostly CH4, but also:

Typical Composition of Natural Gas
Methane CH4 70-90%
Ethane C2H 60-20%
Propane C3H8
Butane C4H10
Carbon Dioxide CO2 0-8%
Oxygen O2 0-0.2%
Nitrogen N2 0-5%
Hydrogen sulphide H2S 0-5%
Rare gases A, He, Ne, Xe trace

Last edited:

Natural gas is mostly methane, Sparky

Let me 'splain sumpn' to you, Lucy:

CH4 is out-gassing, from warming tundras and bodies of water, including from the bottom, of the Arctic Ocean, from melting glaciers, from Siberia, from Canada, from Alaska, from anywhere, but a lot comes from warming Arctic areas.

CH4 is 24 times as potent a greenhouse gas, as CO2, IF CH4 breaks down, to CO2 and H2O, on its normal timeline, which you can look up. But some studies indicate CH4 will be impaired, at breaking down, maybe by more H2O in the atmosphere, I forget, but I'll look it back up, and you can look it up, NOW.

The point is, CH4 will radically increase heat retention, in the atmosphere, greatly increasing likelihood, of wildfires, even if one of those mile-wide bubbles, from the bottom of the Arctic Ocean doesn't go BOOOOOOM, which one might do, someday.

If the exchange to CO2 and H2O is impaired, CH4 has a GWP (global warming potential) of 72 or even more. CO2 has a GWP of 1, but it is more common, in the air.

And natural gas is mostly CH4, but also:

Typical Composition of Natural Gas
Methane CH4 70-90%
Ethane C2H 60-20%
Propane C3H8
Butane C4H10
Carbon Dioxide CO2 0-8%
Oxygen O2 0-0.2%
Nitrogen N2 0-5%
Hydrogen sulphide H2S 0-5%
Rare gases A, He, Ne, Xe trace

Actually, the effects of CH4 outgassing is much worse than the figure of 24 times as effective as CO2 indictates. For that is the figure for the effect spread over a century. In the first decade, before much of it has oxidized into CO2 and H20, the figure is 60 to 100 times as effective of a GHG as CO2. As the amount of CH4 increases, the rate of reduction decreases because of the lowering of the amount of hydroxyl in the atmosphere. So the worse it get, the worser it gets LOL

Atmospheric methane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[edit] Removal processes

Any process that consumes methane from the atmosphere can be considered a "sink" of atmospheric methane. The most prominent of these processes occur as a result of methane either being destroyed in the atmosphere or broken down in soil.

A pie chart demonstrating the relative effects of various sinks of atmopsheric methane.
Reaction with the hydroxyl radical- The major removal mechanism of methane from the atmosphere involves radical chemistry; it reacts with the hydroxyl radical (·OH) in the troposphere or stratosphere to create the CH·3 radical and water vapor. In addition to being the largest known sink for atmospheric methane, this reaction is one of the most important sources of water vapor in the upper atmosphere.

CH4 + ·OH → ·CH3 + H2O

This reaction in the troposphere gives a methane lifetime of 9.6 years. Two more minor sinks are soil sinks (160 year lifetime) and stratospheric loss by reaction with ·OH, ·Cl and ·O1D in the stratosphere (120 year lifetime), giving a net lifetime of 8.4 years.[1] Oxidation of methane is the main source of water vapor in the upper stratosphere (beginning at pressure levels around 10 kPa).

The methyl radical formed in the above reaction will, during normal daytime conditions in the troposphere, usually react with another hydroxyl radical to form formaldehyde. Note that this is not strictly oxidative pyrolysis as described previously. Formaldehyde can react again with a hydroxyl radical to form carbon dioxide and more water vapor. Note that sidechains in these reactions may interact with nitrogen compounds that will likely produce ozone, thus supplanting radicals required in the initial reaction.[24]

Methanotrophic bacteria in soils- Methanotrophic bacteria that reside within soil use methane as a source of carbon in methane oxidation.[25] Methane oxidation allows methanotrophic bacteria to use methane as a source of energy, reacting methane with oxygen and as a result producing carbon dioxide and water.

CH4 + 2O2→ CO2 + 2H2O

People have to remember..........

Those who get hysterical about every weather event that happens also tend to get hysterical over just about everything else too. Thats the way it is with these people.

I deal with life and death decisions every day at work and have been for over 30 years now. These people, to a preson, would be peeing their pants on a daily basis. Guys like Bobnote..........these people see a raindrop and thunder in the distance and they are running for cover!!! Then are checking afterwards, are checkiing the news to see if the world ended!! We all know the type.........snow in the forecast and they are down buying hundreds of dollars worth of food, two baskets piled a mile high with supplies. Im not saying these alarmist people were dropped on their heads but something went afoul somewhere along the way.

Anybody else find, like me, that most of these hyper-science types are social oddballs!! Tell me this Bobnote guy wasnt captain of the Dweeb Club in school........and likely real proud of it too!!!!

You cant take anything these people say seriously..........their life is about bomb throwing.

And nobody cares about this shit while these people are having mental meltdowns. Forst Pew, now Gallup find that nobody gives a rats ass about Climate Change..............

Collide-a-scape » Blog Archive » Collide-a-scape >> Gallup Poll: Climate Change is Least of Concerns

Sucksassandballs, I went to college.

You learned how to shove meth. See the difference? I BET you're popular. But how the hell do you make "life and death decisions," at your "work," when you screw around at USMB, to make 3000 posts, per year? It seems to me, you might be ranting, out your butthole. Just sayin' . . .

You learned how to shove meth. See the difference? I BET you're popular. But how the hell do you make "life and death decisions," at your "work," when you screw around at USMB, to make 3000 posts, per year? It seems to me, you might be ranting, out your butthole. Just sayin' . . .

Collide-a-scape » Blog Archive » Collide-a-scape >> Gallup Poll: Climate Change is Least of Concerns

At least Im not posting up drivel 95% of the people dont care about...............

:D:badgrin::D:badgrin::D:badgrin::D:badgrin::D:badgrin:

No look -- you're the expert on outgassing.. :badgrin: Just tell me which it is.. Have we depleted the fossil fuel reserve or are we just discovering that we live on top of a giant fuel-air timebomb? I want to make investments based on the answer..
Whichever is scariest and forces you to make an emotional decision to follow his civilization-destroying agenda.

THAT'S the financial advice I was seeking Daveman.. Any idea of how to put together a representative YURT portfolio??

Yurts R Us | Gadling.com

Say it. Go ahead and say it. I know you can. "I want a yurt!" Yes! Say it again: "I want a yurt!"​

But if Roxy gets his way, you won't want one, but it's the only place you'll be able to live -- except for caves.

Roxy is desperate to destroy civilization. Well, for everyone else, that is. He wants to continue enjoying modern amenities.

WINNING!!!

Yay, sucksassandballs is winning. Yeah, suck, you win at:

1. sucking
2. sucking ass
3. sucking balls
4. sucking ass AND balls, both

Did you know, suck, the zombies win, against the plants, every goddam game?

What the fuck are you so happy about? You are:
:cuckoo:

1. retarded
2. insane
3. queer, as a three-dollar-bill
4. undead (You're a ZOMBIE, asshole!)

Yurts R Us | Gadling.com

Say it. Go ahead and say it. I know you can. "I want a yurt!" Yes! Say it again: "I want a yurt!"​

But if Roxy gets his way, you won't want one, but it's the only place you'll be able to live -- except for caves.

Roxy is desperate to destroy civilization. Well, for everyone else, that is. He wants to continue enjoying modern amenities.

They DO look fine on the front lawn.... Well that's it then --- I'm all in on yurts..

:cool:

Being the janitor doesn't count.

It was a major university. All the guys named "Dave" were smarter than you, even the ones who were a little dented.

So DDD. Tell us why you like to keep proving the gene pool of the white race has gone completely to shit.

Never doubted that a methamatician like you was highly educated. Bet your diploma is on hemp..

Forum List

Back